Pass it on... - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Beyond the Land of Hyster

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pass it on... Pass it on...

Unread 10-22-2001, 03:32 PM
Pass it on...

Thanks so much, Twyla, what a beautiful tribute!!!

I can't tell you how much this site has meant to me since before my hyst and the months following. This was where I learned why I had such a "buddah belly" in the weeks following my TAH/BSO. The pull down menus helped so much as I prepared for my visit to the castle. It has been almost 13 months since my surgery, but I am still drawn to this site in the hopes that I can offer some advice and friencship to all of the sisters.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2001, 11:16 AM
{{{{Pass the Cybertissue!!!!}}}}}

Dear Twyla, Kathy, and the rest of you angels,

I cannot begin to tell you how much this website has meant to me in the past month. Actually, I am addicted! My friends are mad at me because I no longer have time to answer their email, I am too busy with my new "sisters...." No one understands this addiction, and I even have one female friend who feels "left out" because she has not had a hyst (and does not need one) and cannot be a Hystersister! Can you imagine!?!

Throughout my sleepless nights, in my fits of pity, and when I felt like the loneliest person in the whole world, even though I have friends and family, you all were there for me.... all I had to do was post a thread or enter a chatroom, and there I found the support, advice, or the shoulder I needed to lean on.... I have no clue how I would have survived without Hystersisters!

I have made friends with so many lovely women through this website! The only way it could get any better would be if we could all meet in person one day, to laugh at each others' jokes, to cry with each other over our shared mishaps living in the land of Hyster (or in life in general), and to actually hold hands and give each other the huge, comforting hugs that we would give, if we were face- to- face...... When I was bedridden (3 week wall) for a few days and could not get to my computer, I would read my book and picture us all together- sisters, living in the land of Hyster. (My Dr. looked quite amusing in a king's crown! LOL!)

To Kathy, to Twyla, to Kaatie, to all my sweet sisters who have traveled the path I am now traveling and have so generously given your hand to me along the way..... I want to say a special {{{{{{{{{{{{Thank You!!}}}}}}}}}}}} Your support has been PRICELESS... I will forever be grateful, I love you all, and hope to be there for all of you and to help welcome our new sisters into the fold....

All My , s, and "Happy Tears"...........
Unread 11-06-2001, 08:37 AM
BUMP!!!!

I know you started this in April of 2001 (HAPPY BELATED HYSTERVERSARY!!!) but it really and truly needs to stay right up on the frontlines!

God Bless all of you...whether you are the keeper of the keys, a hostess, an alumni, a LIW, a Punctured or anything else that I just know I am gonna leave out....

LOVE & HUGS TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2001, 02:22 PM
Pass it on...

Twyla,
Thanks to you and the"original" hystersisters.

This board was the most helpful support in my life as a LIW. It was a real comfort to talk with others that knew what I was going through and I had so many questions that were answered.

Since my surgery, I find myself returning to the board almost daily. I have to check in on people, see how they're doing or if I can answer a question, or just relate to someone.

This board is the best I've ever found, with the best , kind, supportive women around. I will probably stay around forever.

Thanks,
Cindy
Unread 11-21-2001, 10:42 AM
Pass it on...

Excellent "bump," TigersKat! No one should miss this post.

I have recently joined the ranks of "beyond" the land...and it was time. What a bonus, Twyla, to come here this morning and find your excellent post about the origins of HysterSisters. I, too, am still inspired every time I come to the site. That has not been every day since school began in the fall - hence my switch to "alumni" status but it has been nearly eveyday. I always walk away from my computer a little smarter and feeling cyber-hugs.

Thanks to those of you who took *Kathy* up on the idea!! And thank goodness you all stuck around!! There are SO many lives richer for your efforts.

on your Hysterversary...a bit late...or maybe early for your third?

Unread 11-21-2001, 11:58 AM
Awwwww....

That almost made me cry, Linda Jean!

And special thanks to YOU and the other alumni Hostesses and Sisters who walked through the hormone jungles and into the path of HysterLand (Which has a beautiful golden arch covered with chocolate truffles!!) before us...for all of your experiences, opinion, and advice! (And 's!!)

I love ya' ALL! (NOW can I have your Bud Light?!)
Unread 12-31-2001, 09:24 AM
Thank You

twy thank you for your post and explaining to us all how hystersisters became to be what it is today!

Kathy your site is amazing, wonderful truly a place of hope, caring and happiness! I cannot get over the amazing women I have met here. Without you all I would not have dealt with my surgery so well. I am almost 4 months post op now and I try to come here daily. I to want to give back to other women!

Thanks again

Happy New Year

Unread 12-31-2001, 11:34 PM
Pass it on...

I first want to thank Kathy for starting this exclusive club for us. Although many members would have preferred not to join, once we did join we were met with kind hearts who helped us through the journey. I found this site about 6 weeks before my hyst for a "precancerous condition." Obviously, I was shaken by this term because my Mom had died two years earlier from colon cancer. I wanted the surgery done sooner rather than later, but was also scared about what would be found during surgery. After surgery, my doctor told me everything was fine and to go home and take it easy. Two days after I was released from the hospital, he called to tell me that he received my pathology report. He had good news and bad news. The good news was that I would not require any more surgery, but the bad news was that I had Stage Ib uterine cancer and Stage Ic ovarian cancer! I had two types of cancer. I was then referred to a Gyn Oncologist who initially told me I would need chemo for the ovarian cancer. The uterine cancer was confined to the uterus and considered "cured" because the uterus was removed. Well, I came right back here to the Hystersisters and posted questions. I received many kind messages of hope and inspiration. I was fortunate that my Gyn Oncologist decided to have my slides re-evaluated. Because of that, the pathology was re-classified as "Low Malignant Potential" and I did not require chemo. I was told that I needed to be watched closely and to see my Gyn every three months for the first two years post-op and then every six months for the following 10 years--with a Pap every six months. I have had no problems. I try to come back here as often as possible to see if there is a sister I can help on her journey.
Thanks to Kathy, we have a place to share our sorrows and joys, and thanks to the other ladies here who have continued the cycle.
Unread 01-16-2002, 06:57 AM
Pass it on...

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank youThank youThank youThank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank youThank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you. Well you get the idea, if not for the support and all the answers I have recieved here am not sure where I would be right now. Not here crying and typing that is for sure. Please pass the tissues.

Love from my heart to all of you that forged ahead with your dream, and gave those of us that were to follow what you knew we needed.

K8
Unread 01-27-2002, 05:48 PM
Pass it on...

This is such a great thread and everyone here should read it. This site helped me get through this very difficult, life-changing experience. I don't know what I would have done without it.

Love,
Maggie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register