Stress | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Stress

Hi everyone,
Today I had my pre-op appointment and an endometrial biopsy. It was more painful than anything I have ever felt. Here is where my stress comes in....My boyfriend (usually wonderful) just cannot understand why I am scared, moody, etc.... I asked him how he would feel if he was going through wondering if he might have cancer as well as an upcoming surgery and he said " I wouldn't let it bother me". It's so easy for people to say these things that have never experienced this before. So not only I am feeling scared, nervous, in pain ( HORRIBLE cramps after the biopsy) but I am feeling totally alone. He just doesn't understand. It's almost like he is just refusing to acknowledge all of this. I cannot wait for it to be overwith. Ok, done whining. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Stress

I'm so sorry about your boyfriend's lack of understanding. Men don't "get it" sometimes, but hopefully he will come around. The few days before the surgery are very stressful and emotional, but it will be time before you know it.
Do you have anyone else around you who could offer support...mom, sister, girlfriends? Take care of yourself and do things this week to pamper yourself...get a massage, go shopping and let your boyfriend take a look at the Mr. Hystersisters portion of this site.

We're always here...so you're not alone
Unread 07-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Stress

Lisa,
Thank you!! Im so glad to have this website. I dont have a lot of friends and my best friend is a man and a Dr. no less. He is trying, but keeps going "Medical"on me.
Saturday we are going to Chicago and I am going to treat myself to something special. Not sure what yet, but special and Sunday I'm getting a pedicure.
Now, if I can just hold back the tears it will be good. Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Stress

Enjoy your pedicure! That sounds like a good idea....maybe you can add a new hair-do, massage and make-over too...

Hopefully your doctor friend will help your boyfriend understand...hopefully he'll come around. Meanwhile, here's another

I hope your surgery goes well and you have no complications! Here's to a speedy recovery
Unread 07-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Stress

It's always easy for someone to say they wouldn't let something worry them....when THEY are not going through it. What you are experiencing is normal. I haven't been at this site long, but everyone seems so wonderful and supportive.

By the way, I tried to have the endometrial biopsy THREE TIMES, and it was too painful for the doctor to continue....even after he gave me a shot to numb me! I was shaking about to pass out from the pain. So, I had to have a D&C last week so the doctor could get a tissue sample. I don't know how anyone endures the endo biopsy in the doctor's office. Maybe I'm just a wimp!
Unread 07-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Stress

You aren't a wimp at all. It hurt SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. I almost passed out too. I started to sweat, shake,my ears got hot, and I lost all my color. I was seeing stars and about ready to go out and the nurse put cold water on my face and changed my position. They made me lay there for an hour and then I had to eat graham crackers and drink some juice and sit up for 20 minutes before they would let me leave. The whole thing was a terrible experience. They got just enough tissue for the sample otherwise he would have had to do it again. I would not wish that experience on anyone.
Thanks for everyones support, it helps a lot!
Unread 07-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Stress

It's okay ladies. Men just don't understand. My DH loves that I found this sight, so I can just stop talking about it. It's on my mind all the time. I have decided since my kids are leaving today and won't be back until the day before my surgery that I'm going to pamper me. That means hair, nails, feet, the whole nine yards. I deserve it. I need to do something to keep my mind off of July 25. Good luck
Unread 07-15-2005, 06:47 AM
Stress

LuvPapillons, why on earth did they put you through that? Why do doctors insist on doing this procedure in the office without anesthesia? By the way, I have family in Rochester, IN. I'm a native Hoosier myself.
Unread 07-15-2005, 07:02 AM
Stress

Here's another hug!

Sorry you feel like you are going through this alone! Luckily I have a tremendous husband who has been with me through so much, that he has learned how to be properly supportive for me. It did take a while for him to learn exactly what I needed. It takes everyone time. So, have hope! Your sweetie will come through. But, make sure you very politely tell him that you need more support from him. Tell him it doesn't matter what he thinks about the operation right now. It matters how you are feeling. This is about you.

In the meantime, have fun in Chicago!!

Paige
endo, adenomyosis, fibroids & cysts - TAH scheduled 7/22/05
Unread 07-15-2005, 07:16 AM
Stress

hey girlie,

we are castle buddies! OMG i wanted to kick the doc in the face during my endo biopsy!
she says thiswill only cause some mild cramping, mild, my ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dh was so proud i didnt kick
her, i think they should sedate you for something like that, and then i bled and cramped for 4 days after!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register