I just asked for help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I just asked for help I just asked for help

Unread 06-09-2005, 07:40 PM
I just asked for help

I interviewed a maid today. I have a very small living space for my husband, my son, and me. I really could use the help, though. I work full time and it's so hard to be there for my son after doing what I do all day. Hopefully she'll take the job and I'll have help with the nightly stuff. We'll do the heavy stuff soon, before my surgery date. Maybe she'll help me organize my stuff.

I find I can't read posts too late. I have trouble sleeping if I do. Guess I"m more nervous then I feel. Anyone else having trouble with sleep and nerves?

LSH scheduled July 6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2005, 07:53 PM
I just asked for help

Oh, yeah. Pre-op my best pal was Tylenol PM or their Tylenol Simply Sleep. Take it and then read a bit, and you'll be ok. It's nerve wracking, but be comforted by how many of us there are and that we all come back and share the "other side."
I hope you get that maid. I have 8 kids and would LOVE to have any help, even a Grandma. But I won't let my envy change my hope for you!
Unread 06-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I just asked for help

Hi Ellen! Just wanted you to know I am 4 weeks post op from my LSH. It's a great way to get your hyst. I thought maybe I could cheer you up and give you some things to look forward to. The surgery itself was a piece of cake. Really! I had a tilted uterus and from the second that I wokeup I never had any of the backpain that I've had for a long time. I also haven't spotted one single time. I was actually having my period then and that was the last of Aunt Flo. You are going to be so happy you did this .

Best Wishes for a great recovery...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2005, 06:03 AM
I just asked for help

I think before my lavh/bso i lived for this site!!! i would be up reading everything i could till my eyes rolled in the back of my head!!! then of course i have brain overload and had to take a break....but not to long!!!
it is completely normal to be nervous!!! i was so nervous when they begon wheeling me in the surgery room in my mind i was sayin no forget i don't want it...but of course i knew i really did!!!

it is a awesome idea to have some one come in and help you around the house!!! i am sure it will take alot fo stress off of you!!i agree with kathleen1964....tylenol pm was my best friend too!!!!
i couldn't sleep with out takin it....

Tennile
Unread 06-10-2005, 11:03 AM
I just asked for help

Thanks ladies! What a help to have optimism. I'm scared about this stuff!!!
Unread 06-10-2005, 12:45 PM
I just asked for help

I'm a scared little nervous wreck, too. I spent quite a few nights on the couch either watching TV until my eyes bled or because I was tossing and turning so much in bed that i was keeping DH awake. I agree completely about the Tylenol PM. I think we just discovered a new use for this web-site, other than as a hyster support group. We could be getting paid to endorse Tylenol PM! Kidding. I have nervous fits so bad sometimes that I end up either barfing or having diareah! Pleasant thoughts, huh?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register