Any migraine remedies? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any migraine remedies? Any migraine remedies?

Unread 07-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Any migraine remedies?

Yes, Charmed One, you should give excedrin a try if you don't mind caffeine. I tried taking pain relievers like advil, tylenol, aleve, etc with a big dose of coffee, but that doesn't do the trick. You get a big dose all at once, it really works and I swear I would not make it through my monthly torturous PMS migraine if I didn't have it. I didn't like Imitrex, it made me very dizzy. I also read it could cause heart rhythm problems in people with a history, which I have, and I am already prone to those. Back to the Excedrin I went, and it works like a charm.

Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Any migraine remedies?

Thanks Ladies. I will have to try the Ben Gay or pepermint oil as i cant have caffeine................altho i did break down and had a cup of tea with caffeine and yes i did get relief, but too much cafffeine gives me palpataions so i am between a rock and a hard place. My sympathy goes out to all of you who have suffered for years with them. Again i blame WHACKY hormones LOL
Unread 07-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Any migraine remedies?

A big word of warning...if you are taking birth control pills and suffer auras with your migraines, ask your doc about taking prescription migraine meds. The combo does NOT mix. I took the pill, had aura migraines, and was taking Imitrex. On Nov 17, I had a stroke caused by the med combo. Mind you, I had taken Imitrex for months without interaction but come to find out, I was doing it on borrowed time. There are several articles you can find on the internet from the American Stroke Association, NIH, and the Cleveland Clinic referencing this newly found danger.

Not trying to scare anyone but rest assured, having and recovering from a stroke is not fun. I wish more was known about this med combo by my doc prior to Nov. Funny thing was, once I came off the pill, the migraines diminished to almost nothing. Since my hysterectomy (TAH/BSO) I have been migraine-free. fyi - after you've had a stroke, you can't go on HRT either.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have treated my migraines with acupuncture. I had a friend who has had no headaches at all since starting acupuncture treatments for migraines. I have started it for other things and swear by it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register