Date set... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Date set...

I don't know if it will show up on my profile...but 9/7/2007.

I consulted with Doctor #3. He takes insurance and did the H of a friend and comes highly recommended. He does LSHs and can't guarantee that on me but if need be it will be a SAH? Anyway either way it will be in the hospital so no need to move me. He said if it is an LSH, i would probably be out that day if I felt okay. Otherwise probably 3 nights.

I seem to be in good hands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Date set...

Hi Funnyesq,

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery date. It sounds like you found a Dr. you trust and you feel good about doing your hyst.

Mary
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Date set...

Well...I think I've done the homework.

1. I don't "need" the LSH. Asymptomatic. I just want it out.
2. To the extent it "may" be adversely impacting my life...removal should be good. Not expecting any benefits other than flatter stomach.
3. I've thought about this for the past 2+ years. I think it's time.
4. He is well known and well respected. He may not handle insurance next year. So another reason now may be the time.
5. He isn't sure if he can do an LSH. But if he can, he will. That's his preference. If he can't, he will make bikini incision and well that will be that. I won't know until I wake up. Life goes on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Date set...

I am soooooooooooooo glad you went for a 3rd opinion. I have had you on my mind since you posted about an outpatient hysterectomy. It sounds like you are going to do so well. Did we all scare you? That really wasn't our goal. We've been there and care about you and want the best for you. Take care. I'm so glad you are closer to being DONE with this. Sending hugs your way!
Unread 08-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Date set...

Hehehe....didn't really scare me but did make me think I must have misunderstood #2 doctor. Then I remembered a friend that had an H last year and called her to ask who and she told me her doctor did LSHs and practically invented the procedure. I went online and he did have impressive credentials so I made an appointment and decided he should do it. He takes insurance to so that was a +.

We agreed it wasn't medically necessary but he understood why I wanted it out. It was my decision clearly. And I may still change my mind before it's done. I doubt it as I have thought about this the past few months. It's time to say good bye.

I appreciate the help and support and now I have to figure out what really will happen but that is a unknown factor as he doesn't know until he opens me up. He said he will try an LSH and if he can't it will be abdominal and since it's in the hospital...no move required. He agreed that I may have misundertood #2 who probably either felt he could do it laprascopically which probably would be outpatient or it would be abdominal in which case it would be in patient. He said that if he does and LSH on me it will probably be outpatient unless for some reason I want to spend the night. He has several he does that end up as outpatients. He did one that morning and expected a call any moment asking to be released.
Unread 08-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Date set...

funnyesq, what is the reason you are doing this if it isn't necessary? I may have missed that info.
I am one week out of a TAH and feel great! You will do fine, I too am glad you got another opinion, look forward to hearing how it goes.
Unread 08-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Date set...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktys
funnyesq, what is the reason you are doing this if it isn't necessary? I may have missed that info.
I am one week out of a TAH and feel great! You will do fine, I too am glad you got another opinion, look forward to hearing how it goes.
I'm tired of the belly...the size and I do think it is adversely affecting my life. It is draining me of energy and the ability to do some exercises etc. I guess I just don't want it anymore.
Unread 08-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Date set...

I see, well i have to report to you, my energy level is SO much higher than prior to surgery and I am only one week post op, three days post op, I stopped taking pain meds, had no pain! had great energy level too!
I am taking b 12 and liquid B complex but I feel so great I can't believe I had major surgery!
You willl be so amazed how much better you feel when this stuff is out and your uterus is gone. My stomach was SO flat just after surgery before the swelling hit, I was blown away! I am using Arnica gel, and homeopathics of Arnica Montana to help with the swelling, the gel can be kept in the refrigerator and applied cool after your shower, it is refreshing too. My swelling is minimal, my waist line is more than an inch less than just prior to surgery, the swelling is the worst part, for me, as I have no pain.
I am almsot constant with an ice pack on my tummy as I am laying down as much as I can, trying to do so for the first two to three weeks, no matter how great I feel, I have to keep in mind I just had surgery, had stuff removed and things need calm to settle into their new positions!
My advice is to lay low, and conserve all energy for healing. Prepare to stay in bed or on the sofa being entertained by tv, books, music, internet. No matter what shape you are in now, I was modeling, look at this as a vacation of sorts, book out of life and do as little as you can get away with for the first two or three weeks!
Good luck
Unread 08-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Date set...

So happy that you got a third opinion was very concerned about the out patient hysterectomy. You seem to be in good hands now and I'm sure that everything will turn out fine. Best wishe on your up coming surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register