Length of stay (LAVH) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Length of stay (LAVH) Length of stay (LAVH)

Unread 05-31-2004, 08:27 PM
Length of stay (LAVH)

Hi! First time on the message board - my surgery is scheduled for Wednesday. I was told for this procedure they schedule for 23 hour short stay with the option to extend it. Does it usually go longer?

To top things off, my 41st birthday is Tuesday!!! Told the doctor I expect a cake, etc. (he's known me for 12 years so he knows my sense of humor!)

This is a wonderful site! I got great ideas on what to have at home after leaving the castle! Thanks for the help!

Misty7
in sunny SW Florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2004, 09:47 PM
Length of stay (LAVH)

I went in on a Friday morning, came home Saturday evening around 8pm. If I wasn't ready to go home, the doctor said I could stay until I was. (The nurses wanted to make sure I was peeing enough!) I had a positive hospital experience, but I was so happy to be at home in my own bed. good luck!
Unread 05-31-2004, 10:25 PM
Length of stay (LAVH)

I went in Friday morning also and left Sunday afternoon and was asked if I wanted to stay another day. I also had a LAVH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Length of stay

Thanks so much for your encouraging words - just had a nice birthday dinner with my "prince" and I'm just relaxing. I'll let you know how things go as soon as I can!

This site is such a gem! I've told one of my co-workers who has a friend scheduled for July for LAVH.

Many many thanks!
Misty
Unread 06-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Length of stay (LAVH)

My surgery was on Tuesday morning and I was released Thursday night. They were really pushing on getting me back home but my doc also said that if it came down to it because of lack of pain control, I would leave on Friday.

Colleen
LAVH- 5-25-04- Kept an Ovary.
Unread 06-02-2004, 04:07 AM
Length of stay (LAVH)

i had an lavh on april 27th at 2pm i was out of the castle and on my way home on the 28th at 9 am. dr didnt offer me another day and i wouldnt have taken one. i am now 5 weeks post op and feel great. had to ask dr if he was sure he did the surgery cause it didnt feel like he took my uterus out. i mean i have no pain but i dont feel like i went through major surgery either. i guess i am lucky that way.

tami
Unread 06-02-2004, 06:24 AM
Length of stay (LAVH)

What does LAVH mean?? I know that it has something to do with how the surgery was performed, but I am not quite sure what exactly it means.
Unread 06-06-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm back

Well, things went well - but an unexpected surprise......2 HUGE fibroids!!! One on top of the other! A bit scared that the doctor was not aware of this fact, but very glad to get things over with!

As for the length of stay - went in at noon on 6/2 and was released on 6/3 at 6 pm (only due to my doctor having to deliver 4 babies that day...the last was an emergency c-section!) I had a wonderful experience overall (over did the pain meds and had a hard time keeping food down for about 6 hours, but once the IV was removed and I had a shower, I bounced back!)

Thanks to all for your support and suggestions!

Misty in Florida

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register