Bleeding question???????? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding question???????? Bleeding question????????

Unread 07-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Bleeding question????????

Maybe that's a midwestern term, or it could be a generational/era thing... but .. I grew up in St. Louis, graduated high school in 1976... and we always called our "visitor" Aunt Flo - she would come to stay with us and that's why we couldn't go to the swim party, etc., (remember tampons weren't that popular in the early 70s - later 70s they took off more thanks to advertising). It was the 'code' that let us girls understand why so-and-so couldn't join the gang for an event, without having to explain it to the guys.

Now, at some point gals broke "the code" and started telling guys. I know this because my ex-H never knew what "aunt flo" was, but my DH now was perfectly comfy asking me "So, has Aunt Flo packed her bags yet?" to find out if it were the end of my period.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2004, 04:43 PM

In North Carolina, where I was born and raised we called Aunt Flo Aunt Rosie. The ladies in our family always had colorful names for those private things. They still tickle me so when I think of some of them today and I laugh even more when I think of how they would respond knowing I refer to those same private things by their proper medical name and teach my children to do the same. I guess thei jaws might hit the floor if they new what my children already know. Granted, I teach only what is appropriate for their age level but still I'm sure it would make some of them turn awfully red. lol
Unread 07-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Aunt Flo

I can't honestly remember when or where I picked that up...I think from my granny. I do know I am glad to see that mean ole ***** go for good. I am 24 and wouldn't want her sticking around another 25yrs, that's for darn sure! I opted to take out the ovaries partially because of endo and mostly because of hormonal migraines and deppression, so you are not alone in that. I am over 3 weeks(barely) post op and have only had one migraine(knock on wood) so it seems to have worked...
Deb in KS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2004, 12:03 AM

Oh this is to much.....What I actually meant was that I had never heard the term of "Handing Aunt Flo Eviction papers!!

to all,

Patricia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register