upset and angry | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

upset and angry upset and angry

Unread 05-11-2011, 01:11 PM
upset and angry

soooo.....I was all ready to get my surgery tomorrow- waiting for the hospital to call for the time I was to show up. They didn't call so I called them and they had no record of me! When I called my doctor's office, they "forgot" to tell me my surgery date had been changed to the 19th. Really upset right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Re: upset and angry

Oki ~ I would be upset and angry too! It was incredibly rude of your drs office not to tell you about a changed date. Now you have to wait 4 more days. Not a fun time. I hated the waiting and had to wait a week after the initial scheduled date myself so I know what that part of it's all about. More days to worry and be nervous. I'm so sorry you have to go thru this. (((HUGS)))
Unread 05-11-2011, 01:30 PM

Sorry for your mix up! I know that must be hard. Hugs to you! I can feel your frustration. I know how I felt when I had mine scheduled and was told I could not have that time off.

I had to wait 2 months for my date due to my work not letting me off. I am in such pain I can barely stand up straight. But now you have the same date as me! I can hardly wait. I am praying that it will be the end to all my misery!

Best wishes...and positive thoughts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2011, 02:04 PM

I'm so sorry! What an incredibly frustrating and infuriating thing to happen!

dee
Unread 05-11-2011, 05:36 PM

thank you everyone- you help
Unread 05-11-2011, 08:07 PM

How in the world is it legal for a company to disallow an employee time off for a medically necc. surgery?? Messed up world we live in.
Unread 05-12-2011, 12:36 AM

I'm sorry. I know I was super upset yesterday when they called to push mine one day further! Now I'm dealing with insurance problems so I may end up waiting another week! It's gotta be so frustrating when you were so close! Plus, do they not understand that it's not just you they're inconveniencing? I tried telling my insurance company that today. I said, you know I've had to make arrangements for my kids and figure out schedules for people to help me and I just can't reschedule! So anyways, I REALLY understand your anger. Sorry.
Unread 05-12-2011, 04:18 AM

Julzav28- yeah...my husband had taken vacation time (luckily he was able to reschedule that) but I don't think I would have been as upset if someone had called me- it was the fact that I had to call them and found out at the last minute that has me the most upset- who's to say this kind of mixup won't happen again next week?? (I know I'm being negative here- but I have to miss some things that were really important by delaying it a week and if I delay it any more we have to change our vacation plans and i REALLY need a vacation- been looking forward to it for 2 years).
Unread 05-12-2011, 08:47 PM

Oki,
I have been wondering the same thing. I don't think it is legal. Trust me, I have it all documented.
I was in such bad pain today at work I almost had to leave. Pain pills are not much help now. I just have one more week to go. I can do this!
Unread 05-12-2011, 09:04 PM

My insurance company says it has up to 10 business days to make a decision. Fine, I understand that, but just because you have 10 days doesn't mean you can't decide earlier. My pain pills aren't helping anymore either and I feel the way I did when I had a large cyst burst a few months ago. Tomorrow was supposed to be my day. I'm so mad and sad. Who knows how long it's going to take to get scheduled again if I ever get the approval. I'm going to end up going into the ER again if it doesn't get better. If I call insurance tomorrow and don't have the approval, I'm calling my doctor and maybe she'll just admit me and run a bunch of expensive tests and they can deal with that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register