Had enough and having surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had enough and having surgery Had enough and having surgery

Unread 09-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Had enough and having surgery

I have been going back and forth about surgery and asked God for a sign and got it Sunday night when I bled half my hard-earned blood out and the pain was at a new high. I will not put my hard working husband through another night of wondering if I am going to bled to death. The doctor stopped the bleeding and I feel okay today but it is time. All the advice and e-mails I have gotten from so many have really made me at peace. I finally got those sucess stories that have me excited about a healthy life instead of wondering if it will get worse and I will bled again. I saw my Gynocologist in the hall at pre-op. (another sign) and he came over and patted my arm and said "I just want to make you better".

Wish me Luck, I have only two days to go. I have my squisshy pillow and the other things you all suggested and I am at peace finally. I have a new-found compassion for what some women go through with endo, adeno and fibroids. My heart goes out to all of you. I hope someday there is a cure. I feel I know what I am gettig into with all I have learned here.

Thanks everyone,
Kaya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2005, 06:32 PM

Best wishes to you, Kayla I am happy you have faith n the skills of your surgeon. And I wish you a quiet peaceful recovery.!
Unread 09-20-2005, 06:32 PM

Good luck Kaya! I hope you have a smooth recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2005, 06:33 PM

I am so glad you came to peace with having your surgery. It was heartbreaking reading your threads about being unsure. Good luck with everything and we will be waiting with open arms for you in post-op!!
Unread 09-20-2005, 06:42 PM

I wish you all the best Kaya.......
The sooner the better, and you're all ready w/ your list and stuff.
The bleeding days are soon over and you can keep your "hard-earned blood"
Will be thinking of you.
HUGS.Dianne
Unread 09-20-2005, 07:03 PM

Congratulations on your surgery. I think women that have to go through all of the pain and misery of hemorraging (sp?) periods, pain that makes life unbearable, and all of the emotional baggage that goes with it should just be given a free pass to have a hysterectomy! I am so happy for you that you are going to have your surgery soon. Life is *SO* much better after surgery. No more bleeding, no more pain, no more flooding, and you can even wear light-colored pants too.

I wish you the best. I wish you an uneventful recovery and an easy surgery!

Here's to being free of monthly or daily misery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register