Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 05, 2020 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 05, 2020 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 05, 2020

Unread 07-05-2020, 07:51 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 05, 2020

Good morning,
I'm Melissa and scheduled for surgery tomorrow, July 6th. I am very ready to have have this done as mine was a delayed due to Covid. The plan is robotic but I do have asthma and sleep apnea, so she did prepare me that if the anesthesiologist has concerns while I am inverted, she will have to convert to abdominal. I am fine with whichever way they take things out, I just want to get to the other side! Good luck sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2020, 08:10 AM

Hello,

My surgery is tomorrow. I’m expected to stay at the hospital until Wednesday or Thursday. I’m ready! I hope everyone has a smooth recovery!
Unread 07-05-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshua View Post
Hello Fiona,

Happy early Birthday! I was thinking the same thing about recovery time as well as the pain. I pray that everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery.
Thank you Toshua - all the best for next week too x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2020, 10:08 AM

Hello everyone! I am 48. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow form 8am-6pm. I have mixed emotions so I really don’t know what to feel. Saying good bye to my uterus that gave me 3 beautiful kids, but also means saying good bye to anemia and 10 day periods. I am ready for this new chapter in my life. Don’t know how well I’ll do letting go of being in charge of everything, but I’m going to try. Praying for a speedy recovery for all of us!
Unread 07-05-2020, 10:12 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jul 05, 2020

Hi all,

I'm Anna, and my surgery (for fibroids) is scheduled tomorrow the 6th. Like many others, I had an earlier scheduled surgery date months ago that got postponed due to the pandemic. I’m really not feeling anxious at all even though I am generally a very anxious person—I think because I’ve had so much time to think about it and prepare. I’m just really looking forward to getting these things out of me and feeling good again. My biggest concern (other than bad complications, of course!) is that the fibroids have grown a lot in the last 6 months since my ultrasound, and that it will have to be an open surgery instead of laparoscopic. They were already large (10cm) but my doctor was confident that he would be able to do a LSH…but that was before things got postponed. However, I have spent the last week doing everything around the house that I could think of and feel ready to take it easy for a long time if that happens and the recovery period ends up being longer than expected.

I hope surgery and recovery go smoothly for all of you!
Unread 07-05-2020, 12:28 PM

Hi, Kelly,

It is amazing how we are having surgery the same day. My send prayers your way and a speedy recovery. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I’m take on you watching some comedy.
Unread 07-05-2020, 12:35 PM

Hello Anna,

I can relate with about the Fibroids issues and parting ways with our womanhood. I look at a that she provided you with life and it time for you to be healthy. Trust me, I know it bittersweet moment. We can finally be healthy. Sending prayers your way and speedy recovery. We got this ladies!!
Unread 07-05-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps8a View Post
Hello everyone! I am 48. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow form 8am-6pm. I have mixed emotions so I really don’t know what to feel. Saying good bye to my uterus that gave me 3 beautiful kids, but also means saying good bye to anemia and 10 day periods. I am ready for this new chapter in my life. Don’t know how well I’ll do letting go of being in charge of everything, but I’m going to try. Praying for a speedy recovery for all of us!
I was thinking the same thing. I have to rely on my 18 year old to care for me. She said she is ready. My thoughts and prayer will be with you. I can relate to the anemia and the heavy periods. I am just like you looking forward to being healthy and normal.
Unread 07-05-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterlove View Post
Good morning,
I'm Melissa and scheduled for surgery tomorrow, July 6th. I am very ready to have have this done as mine was a delayed due to Covid. The plan is robotic but I do have asthma and sleep apnea, so she did prepare me that if the anesthesiologist has concerns while I am inverted, she will have to convert to abdominal. I am fine with whichever way they take things out, I just want to get to the other side! Good luck sisters
Hello Melissa,
I will be praying that everything goes as plan and wish you a speedy recovery. We got this !
Unread 07-05-2020, 01:46 PM

Hi. I'm Anne, 46, no kids. Having a robotic Friday due to fibroids. The plan is 1 night in hospital and keeping both ovaries. Scan said three 3cm fibroids 1 exophytic, 1 subserosal, 1 intramural. I suspect more (the 3 are low and were blocking the view of the ovaries) and would not be surprised if there is something up with the left ovary. We will see. They're not big, but apparently in just the wrong spot. Lots of back pain, gas, and bloating. Already had heavy periods between Hashimoto's and heredity. Looking forward so being able to walk the dogs and drive without pain, pressure, and nausea.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register