Scheduled dVH/RALH 15 days left and nerves are shot | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 days left and nerves are shot 15 days left and nerves are shot

Unread 05-27-2010, 05:26 PM
15 days left and nerves are shot

my surgery is in 15 days and I am so nervous...one minute I am fine and then I think about the surgery and I get nervous again..I am having a hard time sleeping.....I just want to get the surgery over with because I am in so much pain right now....I am having my last period now..that sounds weird...but I will be happy to rid myself of this pain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Re: 15 days left and nerves are shot

Hi lsavril

The is totally normal. I just wanted the surgery to be over immediately. On the day of the surgery, I woke up and felt very peaceful. My waiting was over.

I hope that you find the waiting is the hardest part for you.

Unread 05-28-2010, 07:09 AM

I was on this roller coaster last week and to be honest it's normal. I was wasting energy worrying, but in the end it is natural. My DvSH was on Tuesday. I went in at 7am for surgery but didn't get on the table at 1230. I was nervous for over 5 hours but when the time came I was READY. The surgery was a breeze and I'm now progressively healing. Take your time and prep. Read as much as you can and trust your surgeon.

Sending positive vibes your way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2010, 07:21 AM

i was nervous too, and sometimes scared, and found that tears were right at the surface. more info helped me know what to expect. i journaled my fears so i knew what i could impact and what was out of my control. got more peaceful as the day got closer, and the morning of surgery had amazing grace and calm. hang in there...your emotions are all normal. you might find it helpful to identify specific moments of happiness to focus on, things to look forward to, and positive thoughts about your life now -- these can all help you overcome any unwanted/uninvited anxiety or fear when you need to redirect your thoughts. you do have a choice what your mind dwells on...
Unread 05-28-2010, 11:35 AM

I also have 15 days until my surgery and I haven't been sleeping very good. I am sooo tired, but I find myself waking up several times at night thinking about my surgery and what I will be like after. I hope that all this pain will be gone and that my DDs' & DS won't hate me for the rest of their lives because I have been like the dragon mom (extremely grumpy and I hate myself)I'm also very anxious about how my new self will be taken by my DH. I love my family very much and I know that this will be a better thing for all of us in my heart, it's just a little scary.
Unread 05-28-2010, 04:56 PM

Thank you for all your kind words....it is so nice to know that there are others out there who have gone through and are going through the same rollercoaster ride that I am...I will try the suggestion to focus on happy thoughts and something positive....I think once that I am at the hospital I will be able to breathe a little easier...it is getting there for me that is very difficult....I am a worrier to begin with so that makes it worse.....and I also hope my family can hang in there with me through all the grumpiness before this surgery
Unread 05-28-2010, 05:07 PM

Had my LAVH on Wed May 26th and i was so scared even while waiting at the hospital. Started second guessing myself even though i was in so much pain and knew it was the right thing to do. Was told to be there at 9am for surgery at 10:30 and did not get into surgery until 2.

It has not been nearly as bad so far as i had thought. I am staying focused on feeling better and resting alot. I can say that i did do the right thing and so glad i went ahead with the surgery as I already notice a relief in all the pressure around my groin area.

Hang in there and read all you can on this site as it helped my nerves the most by being able to read others experiences. I will be praying for you, just keep in mind you will be a new woman soon

Unread 05-28-2010, 05:32 PM

the waiting is the worse part it was for me, hang in there good luck and try and relax, my heart is with you. x
Unread 05-28-2010, 05:41 PM

Hey Isa.....

I know how you feel. My nerves were completely shot before I had my surgery last week. I just had LSH on May 24th and now I am sitting here typing this email! I am sending good vibes your way - you will get through it. Just take the time to prep and everything. It will be OK.

Note - for me - they rolled me in the operating room, shot with me something and next thing you know - you are in recovery! I did not even know what happened.

You will be great and everything will work out. This site has so many suggestions, so take advantage.

All the best to you....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register