Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 04-Jan 10,2021 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 04-Jan 10,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 04-Jan 10,2021

Unread 01-11-2021, 03:29 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 04-Jan 10,2021

all & bisquitbrown,

So glad you have great friends who are helping you and your We are happy you decided to join us here. Sounds like things are moving along. Sometimes it is hard to get back regulated without going over board at least once. So one day at a time.

Just a quick reminder are still the way to go. Glad so many of you have kind families and friends to keep you on the slowed down track right now.

Hugs to all,
Anndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2021, 05:20 PM

Thanks Anndy! I'm still doing well. My staples were removed today and I've stretched out may pain meds even further. I walked a little more today than yesterday. Slow and steady wins the race. Because I'm not going to push it, I'm loving all of these suggestions from my sisters for passing the time while I maintain my focus on recovery.
Unread 01-11-2021, 06:21 PM
Smile - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 04-Jan 10,2021 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 04-Jan 10,2021

Day 5 and it was definitely a nap day. On 500mg Tylenol every 5-7 hours, depending on my sleep schedule and pain level. I had the first bm yesterday and, although not painful, it was a bit firm. Second one this morning was "just right" lol. Ive been taking miralax/dulcolax daily since just after surgery, drinking lots and lots of water, and high fiber foods, and will continue to do so for some time, just to be safe.

I did walk to get the mail and 4 houses down the street and back, which felt good but rested with my feet up for a while after...no flat ground in my neighborhood lol. I did clean up the kitchen a bit and do a few dishes but felt ok during it all and am back with feet up, watching Friends.

I do have some "icy hot" sensations in my abdomen/crotch/upper inner thighs. It's not at all painful and not really burning...kind of like the sensation of breathing in after using very minty toothpaste. I have no fever or pain or chills. Any one else have something similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2021, 07:46 PM

Elle,

You got me on this one. Never had anyone give this description. Why don’t you go on the post op forum and see if anyone there finds it familiar. Maybe someone has asked their Dr. Let us know if you find out anything.

Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 01-11-2021, 08:03 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 04-Jan 10,2021

Hi there, I had a total laparascopic hysterectomy (kept ovaries) on the 4/1. Everything went well and I was feeling pretty good. We had an unexpected covid 3 day lockdown in Brisbane which meant my husband was home to pamper me! Today though, he's back at work and I feel completely lacking in energy!
Unread 01-11-2021, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonElle View Post
Day 5 and it was definitely a nap day. On 500mg Tylenol every 5-7 hours, depending on my sleep schedule and pain level. I had the first bm yesterday and, although not painful, it was a bit firm. Second one this morning was "just right" lol. Ive been taking miralax/dulcolax daily since just after surgery, drinking lots and lots of water, and high fiber foods, and will continue to do so for some time, just to be safe.

I did walk to get the mail and 4 houses down the street and back, which felt good but rested with my feet up for a while after...no flat ground in my neighborhood lol. I did clean up the kitchen a bit and do a few dishes but felt ok during it all and am back with feet up, watching Friends.

I do have some "icy hot" sensations in my abdomen/crotch/upper inner thighs. It's not at all painful and not really burning...kind of like the sensation of breathing in after using very minty toothpaste. I have no fever or pain or chills. Any one else have something similar?
I have felt some stinging on stitches and have had some very slight bleeding from them. I put a panty line in my underwear to cover the stitches. Figured that’s a good use for feminine hygiene products I won’t need anymore. Ice packs seem to help. I am fairly short and most stuff in kitchen requires reaching. I may have overdid it yesterday. I’m letting DH do the reaching for me instead.
Unread 01-11-2021, 09:21 PM

all & Tthomson78,

Nice to have you join us and hear you are doing well.

Roses, icing is smart. And definitely reaching is a no no glad you realize it and are rethinking these activities.

Hug and nite-nite, I’m off to bed,
Anndy
Unread 01-11-2021, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tthomson78 View Post
Hi there, I had a total laparascopic hysterectomy (kept ovaries) on the 4/1. Everything went well and I was feeling pretty good. We had an unexpected covid 3 day lockdown in Brisbane which meant my husband was home to pamper me! Today though, he's back at work and I feel completely lacking in energy!
Hi Tthomson78! Fellow Brisbanite here (total abdominal hysterectomy, kept ovaries on 5/1). Glad to hear you had some help during lockdown! Take it easy today! I hear you on the lack of energy - I’m feeling it especially today for some reason too
Unread 01-12-2021, 12:18 AM

Hi!

I had my TAH on the 4th, so it’s been one week. I have been relaxing and not doing much other than walking to the bathroom (I’m drinking lots of water) or doing a few laps around the house. I feel a lot better than I did 7 days ago but I’m still feeling pain. When I get up it almost feels like something is burning across my abdomen. The skin is very sensitive and tender between my incision and belly button. Is this normal?

My range of motion has increased and getting out of bed is not as hard as it once was, which is great! Those first few days are such torture!

I find it hard to know if what I am feeling or experiencing is normal and that is the hardest part for me. I want to just recover well and proper and I worry that the slightest little thing may be abnormal.

Anyways, much love to all, this is an experience that’s for sure.

Be blessed!
Unread 01-12-2021, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholakat View Post
Hi Tthomson78! Fellow Brisbanite here (total abdominal hysterectomy, kept ovaries on 5/1). Glad to hear you had some help during lockdown! Take it easy today! I hear you on the lack of energy - I’m feeling it especially today for some reason too
Oh hi great to hear from someone from Brisbane! I had my surgery at north west private hospital. I felt very pampered there! Hope you feel better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register