Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 78 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-31-2007, 03:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi, everyone. Yes, probably don't walk as much as I do. I was doing my 10,000 steps pre surgery and so I was eager to get back to it. It's tough, though. And my brain is still SO tired and fuzzy. No kidding the anesthesia can take a very long time to wear off. I can't believe how muddled my thinking is. I do not like it. I'm not even interested in listening to music when I drive, either, for ex....like my behavior and some habits have changed, which is so strange. I hope I get back to my normal brainwaves by the end of August or I will have a very tough time teaching 100 students and reading over 400 papers fall semester. OUch. Cramping is still there sometimes, too. Today I will go 'swim' for my allotted 10 min. I do believe that moving is helpful, even if 10 minutes or 5 min. one direction and 5 back. Everything I have read says that water and walking are keys to helping on the road to recovery after this type of surgery.

I do not walk out on my favorite trails, though. I always stay on the laps by my home. That way if something happens, like big cramps or something, i can get home very quickly/safely. Well, I'm kidding about the quick part. I am walking faster, though. Three days after surgery it took me 30 min. to do a half mile. Now, depending on how cool the morning is, I can do it in between 10-15 min. most days. But not always. And foggy brain ... I lose count of my laps...........

Everyone take care and continue healing this Tuesday evening.

E.
55/TVH CIN3/CIS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 03:56 PM
3 weeks post op/Having some tender spots

Hi all..... I am 3 weeks post op and doing well. I am walking some around the house etc. but no lengthy walks. I do have one concern though. I seem to have some "tender" spots below my navel, but not any thing related to my abd. scar. I am thinking it is from moving my bowel around during surgery. Any thoughts? thanks for all you support.
Unread 07-31-2007, 05:29 PM

Jennice ~ Well I don't go back to dr. til Aug 9th but why I went to him was severe period cramps (actually went to ER last month) and was sent to him next day keep in mind in 17 years only seen a gyno 3 months of that to control cramps and all they did was put me on that shot that lasts 3 months, it was horrible, periods were normal every 28 days to the minute although normal bleeding but the cramps OMG! My uterus was such a wreck, endro, bicornorate, meaning born with half (he actually told dh it wasn't only bicornorate but it was detached in areas from cervix, it was tipped, you name it, and my right ovary definately had cysts...haven't heard if the left was goofed up but don't feel like anything was done over there, (that sucker better be gone or he's in trouble LOL, we agreed to take it all (past history going to gyno's says it all) so I'll know the nitty gritty when I talk to him Aug 9th...He said it's a wonder I ever got pregnant let alone carry 3 children full term and no wonder I had cramps from h*ll all my life...so alot of why I feel I'm healing so quickly and nicely is I went into this healthy except for horrid cramps during periods...hope that explains it better...I haven't had a day healing these past 3 weeks that felt any worse than during my 4-5 days every month for the past FOREVER lol...So dr. said at that point he didn't even want me to get to a next period so WAM BAM it was quick scheduled me that day in just a couple short weeks...I had no time to ponder it...funny thing is I always felt 100% great inbetween periods so just in those couple weeks was back to feeling great but heading into this...I was cramming for info cause never looked into it before...Thanks I found you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waaaaay too hot here today, all us got on our swimsuits, decided not to go to my moms pool, got all ready to lay out here, towels, lotion, filled my "2ring blowup baby pool"lol, it's so cool we put it up on the deck with us, got music goin, I made everyone BLT's, and we ended up inide more than outside LOL...threw clothes on over suit and took dd's pics to 1 hour photo, then played on those cool machines making extras that you can zoom and crop them, we love that! I had a camera me and dh took to (won't mention the name but popular gambling spot in WVA) a couple weeks before surgery, we had gotten a room in the Grand Hotel, and took a bunch of pics of just us! I picked out the perfect pics & bought new frame and sat it out for him when he came home, he loved it, they were having a Hawaiian theme that night and we had a ball!!!!!!!!Soooo promised mom we're hitting the pool tomorrow, plus dd had all her clothes she needed to wash/dry today!

Just made taco's for family but I decided on a steak salad, hot food just doesn't sound good today to me!!!

There how's that for some info

's all around!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 06:13 PM

I so overdid it today at work. Everyone yelling across campus for me, I just yelled back to get in line. No spotting or anything just tired an crampy. Dinner and a movie tonight I think, and early to bed....I am bushed.
Unread 07-31-2007, 06:56 PM
3.5 wks post op

hello everyone...Feeling well enough to sit and post my progress. I came home on walker which I still have to use. I have worked my self up to walking down the street and back using my walker (which is so humiliating). I also can sit at my computer for very short periods of time. My hormones were doing well until I went down from 1mg to .75mg and now I have hot and cold flashes all day and they are wearing me completely out. I called doc today and they are going to put me back up to 1mg Thank goodness. I'am very weak and tired and disapointed that my recovery has been so hard. I got both drain tubes out on friday!! (they were a big pain)

My bladder and colon had to be repaired due to scar tissue and they are giving me grief. I am regular now that they removed the scar tissue it was causing pressure on my colon. But every time I have a BM it is so painful and I break out in a sweat!! This happens 3-4 times daily now.

With all this said every week gets a little easier it has just been a slow progress.

God bless all of you and your recoveries.
Unread 07-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Setrimacoky: sorry you are having a tough recovery!

Wow, you are having a hard time of it. I feel for you w/the walker and all. Thanks for checking in. I will send good vibes your way. I just started a new thread, too, about bruises on my elbows and skin/bone that looks 'serrated' after they moved me around pre-surg. OUCH. How long will you have to be on a walker? I will think of you and pray you heal more and more each day. E TVH CIN3/CIS
Unread 07-31-2007, 07:32 PM

Everyone have a good nite; i posted a new thread re: bruises post op. My left elbow has been killing me but I tough pain out/try to be brave. Tonite I held up my arms in mirror for granddaughter and left elbow looks like bone under it is 'serrated' w/a pattern and there is definite bruising on both elbows. What the heck did those people DO to me/w/me when I was 'out' for 5.5 hours. I started to cry..........I imagine flopping around or all the 'oops, she's heavy, oops, there goes an arm...' and when they make you sleep so deeply you are totally innocent and at their mercy. I'm sad and frustrated about it tonite. Sigh.

Anyway, Gemini you have a FUN FUN FUN life...........you sound like a blast to have at any gathering. I am glad you had such a fun day.

I hope I can sleep more than the 3 hours i only slept last nite. I was out walking at 6 a.m. to beat the heat and bec. i couldn't sleep. I sure can't wait to be normal again some day. Owie to my cramps and owie to my poor elbows/arms...........

E.

TVH/CIN3/CIS
Unread 07-31-2007, 07:34 PM

Sounds like you are having a tough time. My heart goes out to you. You hang in there things will get better. I am still in some pain but we just need to take it easy and let nature take it's course. I understand about the hot and cold spells I am having the same thing. I am on 1mg of Estradiol but I have been taking it only a week now. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setrimacoky
hello everyone...Feeling well enough to sit and post my progress. I came home on walker which I still have to use. I have worked my self up to walking down the street and back using my walker (which is so humiliating). I also can sit at my computer for very short periods of time. My hormones were doing well until I went down from 1mg to .75mg and now I have hot and cold flashes all day and they are wearing me completely out. I called doc today and they are going to put me back up to 1mg Thank goodness. I'am very weak and tired and disapointed that my recovery has been so hard. I got both drain tubes out on friday!! (they were a big pain)

My bladder and colon had to be repaired due to scar tissue and they are giving me grief. I am regular now that they removed the scar tissue it was causing pressure on my colon. But every time I have a BM it is so painful and I break out in a sweat!! This happens 3-4 times daily now.

With all this said every week gets a little easier it has just been a slow progress.

God bless all of you and your recoveries.
Unread 07-31-2007, 07:49 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words needed them alot!
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:07 PM
Home and improving

I am so happy to have found this site I would have followed the rules of post recovery more closely! My surgery date was Friday July 13th. I had a non complicated vaginal hysterectomy. Was in surgery for an hour and a half. the surgeon said the uterus was enlarged and boggy. He left the ovaries In the hospital I had a pca pump and was sent home with percocet. I only took them when I really needed them and at night so I would not be dizzy during the day.

I was very constipated and used metamucil and a dulcolax suppository. Worked like a charm The only problem with it was that it worked well into the night! Been regular since!

The 4th day postop, I hauled the garbage containers to the road, they are on wheels, I felt it the next day.

Was into the DR at a week for that bloated feeling. I am normally very active and am not at all used to not being able to pull in my stomach, and just the sitting around is driving me crazy.

All in all , I feel great. I do get that heavy bottom feeling late in the afternoon and I definately feel it when I have overdone it. I have been walking my dogs in the early am about 1-2 miles. Started out just a block and increased it daily. Then I go to the gym and walk about 2 miles on the treadmill.

I do have a vaginal discharge that I notice tends to get heavier when I do a bit too much.

My husband and daughter help out an aweful lot but I do hate to ask for help.

Healthy healing sisters!
SimplyMe

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register