Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 07-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3.If you have a question about your own recovery, do not ask it here. Start a new thread!
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at 8 weeks post-op to the HysterSisters Clubhouse forum where you can continue your friendships.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 08:42 AM

TAH on Monday and I get to go home today! I'm up and walking and feeling pretty good.
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:24 AM

LAVH on Tuesday, and now I am home. Everything went well. I have a teeny incision in my belly button and another teeny one down low on my abdomen, and they did it all laparascopically/vaginally. The tunnel of love feels like a truck got stuck in it or something, but they assured me that's normal. My ovaries looked healthy, so I kept them (she took a pic of them and it's so cool...you can see where the egg came out this past month).

I was down another lb yesterday AM, but up 15 lbs when I got home today. It HAS to be water or something, because I ate nothing Monday except sf Jello, sf lemonade, and chicken broth (and did the bowel prep), and nothing Tuesday except 2 small popsicles and a couple of graham crackers (drank gingerale and sprite zero). Does anyone know if weight gain like that is the norm?? I have to admit I was SHOCKED to be up 15 lbs overnight.

I am pretty looped up on the painkillers (Lortabs) and mostly just want to sleep. I feel bloated and sore and tired, but so glad it's over.

Had LS Progresso minestrone and rf triscuits for lunchie. Off to take a nap.

Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 10:26 AM

Way to got Star!
I had TVH, Anterior repair, monarch sling at 1:30 yesterday and I am still recovering.
I feel awesome!
I did the scope patch and I think that helped ward of woosiness.
I did an epidural and a general anesthsia and that worked awesome!
I didn't have any nausea.
I have had the compression sleeves on since yesterday. They are nice but very hard to sleep in! do you all agree?
I had and still have a catheter. It isn't uncomfortable at all.
I haven't had any pain meds!!!!!!!!!!! I think the epidural really took care of all the pain. I will get pain meds to take home because doctor said if you take pain pills then that enables you to get up and walk often which will help the healing process.
I only got about 2 hours of cummulative sleep.
Just had a solid food and that tasted great. CNA is off to get me my second cup of coffee.

The one thing that threw me was the sedation. The Anesthesis came in and went over several options and even though I had read on here about the options I was still unable to answer very well DH helped me decide on the epidural and like I said it was a God send.

DH stayed with me which I thought was very sweet! They had a large sofa chair. And since I didn't sleep I was glad to have his familiar snore in the same room.

Now they want me to try and walk to hall so I will check in later.

I hope everyone else is doing well!!!!
Unread 08-01-2007, 04:18 PM

I'm home! My surgery was supposed to be at 11:30, but I didn't go in until 3:00 p.m. and had had nothing to eat or drink after midnight. My surgeon arrived at 7:30 a.m. and worked until 6:00 p.m. which is when mine finished.

He did an LSH/BSO. I had lots of endo and adhesions and adenomyosis. Also, I had a goretex patch attached to my bowel and it was precarious he said, for awhile, but he was able to get it off without damaging the bowel. Phew!! My uterus, left ovary, goretex patch, fibroids and bowels were all stuck together (densely adhered). I am so thankful this is done and that I finally made it to the other side.

I now know what a swelly belly is!! The middle is flat but the left lower abdomen and right lower abdomen are swelled out like crazy.

Also, he gave me a Combipatch to take (which has Estrogen and Progesterone) for 6 mos. to a year. Also, I still have Lupron in my system for another 2 months. I do believe that the Lupron helped the surgery to go smoother as he said there wasn't a lot of blood, so he was able to keep me stable and see what he needed to see. I am surprised by how great I feel after surgery!!

Thanks for all the well-wishes and great advice! Will write more later!

Brenda
Unread 08-02-2007, 12:47 PM

doing great EXCEPT for severe back pain on left side -- is this normal? Radiates down the leg too. Been eating toast and peanut butter in morning, tons of water, lean cuisine pizzas for lunch and dinner. Just not really hungry. Have been taking pain meds but will stop come tomorrow. The pain meds do NOT help with the back pain. This back pain hurts far more than any of the LAVH ... seriously.
Nurses at hospital were friendly, supportive and kind.
The only person who is CLUELESS honkerblonking me off is my husband. The kitchen is a mess the floor needs to be vac'd. I am so honkerblonked. Had to even get my own water last night. Loser.
Unread 08-02-2007, 01:06 PM

Too bad you are having back pain! That really sucks.
What pain meds are you on?
My mom made my favorite jello with sour cream, strawberries and bananas and that has been a God send.
I was trying to figure out what to eat for lunch now.
I am having terrible gas pains. I hope they go away soon.
I too am planning on quicking pain pills tomorrow but DR wanted me to take them for several days so that it won't hurt when I can get out and take short walks. So we'll see.
Unread 08-02-2007, 01:11 PM

pain meds: hydrocodone Ibuprof

well off to find some shorts that don't rub my waist and get a walk around the block in. got to get away from the madness in this house.

I keep forgetting my husband EXPERIENCED the procedure so he needs his rest!! Life is good -- not!
Unread 08-02-2007, 01:33 PM

Sorry about your DH. I don't mean to brag but my DH just got back from the store and is slicing cantelope and washing grapes. He bought a dozen roses and a bunch of mixed flowers. He is so good to me.
I am going to take a walk in our culdesac soon. I will have to see if anything will fit, I am bloated for sure!
Then I hope to get a monster nap in. I kept waking up last night. It was a bummer! I was so tired I thought I would sleep until noon
That's what naps are for I guess.

Have a nice walk!
Unread 08-02-2007, 02:48 PM

I am 38 and had my hysterectomy because of terribly heavy and painful periods. I go around anemic all the time which aggrivates another medical condition that I have that causes low blood pressure and fainting. LAVH Monday began at 8:30 a.m. in my doctor's surgery center. Found some endometriosis and a couple of fibroids that have been sent to pathology. Went home with a home health nurse at 1:00 p.m. She checked my vitals, tucked me in, explained everything to me and my family again, and checked on me later that evening. I was very thankful that my doctor allowed the catheter to come out before I went home and I had no problems "going". Next morning, the nurse came again and then took out my IV. It stayed in till then in case I needed some meds. It was so wonderful being in my own bed instead of the hospital!

Late day 2 got really painful with all the gas starting to make its way out and I wasn't able to sleep much that night. Day 3 was better....much less pressure and the swelly belly really down. Today, day 4, I'm just a little tired. Been doing a little walking in my yard. So nice to get some fresh air and sunshine! Incisions really starting to itch today.

I've been so fortunate that I've had almost no bleeding. During the surgery I did and my doctor took extra time cauterizing everything, but since then I only had minimal spotting the first 2 days and some very light pink discharge since then.

Appetite is so-so. Not really hungry yet, but eating small meals, especially with my pain meds (800mg ibuprophen every 8 hours and an occasional percocet here and there).

Overall I feel so blessed that it has gone so smoothly. My doctor and my family are very supportive. I couldn't have expected any better!

Happy healing to my fellow Hyster Sisters!

Anne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register