Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Unread 09-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2007, 12:27 AM

Home from the hospital. TVH on Sept. 24th. I was nervous about being put to sleep but I survived. Surgery went well and only took about 20 minutes. The Dr. said that my right ovary was stuck....what does that mean. He said it looked like maybe a cysts had ruptured but it looked fine so he left both ovaries. He told me my bladder looked fine but my rectal muscles were very weak. The ride home was a little bumpy, but that might be because my 17 year old son drove me home. I was still loopy from the meds and that made things worse. I am having trouble sleeping but otherwise I am doing fine. Why does it help to put pressure on your stomache?
Unread 09-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Better than expected!

Hello...I had my LSH on 9/24. Everyone at the castle was great!! Anesthesiologist came in to talk to me along with my surgeon, then he gave me a "cocktail" and I remember NOTHING after that until the recovery room!! My husband and parents said I was awake as they said goodbye to me going into the OR, but I have no recollection of any of it! One nurse told me it was probably Versid (sp?) that he gave me. Anyhow, surg took about 3 hours, but was successful. I feel everything went so well due to so many people praying for me! Only my uterus taken...took so long because my doc said I had alot of adhesions and things "fused" together. Feeling pretty good today...just sore.

My DH and kids have been great, helping me alot. I am a little bummed as I haven't heard from ANY family at all!! People who I wouldn't even expect to check on me have called, but alot of my close friends and family haven't! I keep trying to be positive thinking maybe they just don't want to disturb me, but I'm having a hard time not feeling hurt.

Anyway, hope all the other recent "hystersisters" out there are having restful recoveries!

Thanks and God bless everyone on this site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2007, 08:44 AM

Don't feel bad, I have 3 sons and none of them came for my surgery. Which was fine I didn't want them to miss work and my sister called and told them when I was out of surgery. None of them have called to check on me. My youngest son did come to the hospital and pick me up. I am glad that your surgery went well.
Unread 09-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Back Home

I had a tah on monday 9/24. I got home this morning around 11. I just made myself a place on the couch and I'm really comfortable. It's so quiet here compared to the hospital. I will nap as the dr. suggested and then maybe watch some tv.
That's my excitement. More later on the experience.
xoxoxoxo M
Unread 09-26-2007, 05:51 PM

Hi, I had my LHS on Monday as well. went very well only about an hour long. I feel great now that the gas is gone. Just a little sore on the left side.

I want to do more than my body will allow. I'm glad there are other people out there going thru the same thing. I think most people just don"t want to bother us at this time of rest.
Take care of yourself. TT41
Unread 09-26-2007, 07:30 PM

Hi Ladies,
I too had TAH-BSO surgery on 9/24 late afternoon and got to come home a day ahead of schedule! I followed your advice and walked and walk, and walked. My Dr was impresssed at my motivation - I would much rather recover at home! So far I have had no problems and they did biopsies to make sure the cancer was contained. It's going great so far-only a lot of pain getting up and down. I know there will be good days and bad ones too, but I am ready to slay the dragon! Best regards to everyone!
Hugs,
Sissy
Unread 09-27-2007, 10:02 AM

I had my TVH on Tuesday the 24 th, and got home yesterday the 26 th about 4:30 pm. All went pretty well. I was real nervous about the Epidural, but it was a piece of cake. They removed my uterus and cervix, because of pre-cancerus cells they found on my cervix. The Doc said my over overies looked fine,and will receive lab work on my cervix in about a week,but didn't see anything to worry about.
I had Demerol in the hospital and am on Vicodin now. Not too much pain.My worry is though that I am very swollen in my face and my left hand were the IV was. I weighed myself,before I left for the hospital and weighed 160, and weighed myselff again this morning and weigh 170. There is no way I could have gained 10 lbs from broth and jello. So maybe I drinking too much water??? Or maybe just from the swelling? Any ideas?
Thanks,
Christy
Unread 09-27-2007, 10:21 AM
TVH on 9/24

Hello Ladies:

I'm glad to finally have this done and over with. I'm glad to hear all of you are doing well. Here's my story;

I went in at 0730 for my 0930 surgery (supposedly). I was in the holding area until 1200! The lady before me had complications so I waited and waited (Yikes). Then the doctor came and talked to me, held my hand and the anesthesiologist (not a nice guy) finally came and gave me the loopy meds. I don't remember anything after that, except waking up the recovery room and being wheeled to my hosp. room. I was so nauseated and almost threw up, but then the nurse put an alcohol wipey under my nose and said smell this. I did and low and behold, it went away. She gave me some to take to my room and some nausea meds, I was fine after that. I shared a room with the same lady who had the complications. Poor thing, she was a mess. My mom and DH were waiting for me there and stayed a little while, but I couldn't stay awake so they left and let me rest. I was eating the jello and drinking lots of water, and by 3-3:30 am I was bugging the nurse to get me out of bed! I got up and walked the halls a little, they took the the catheter out and I peed right away. Lots of walking the halls and napping. The Doc let me go home the next day and she said she couldn't believe how well I was doing.

I thought of you all a lot while I was in there. The morphine pump was a blessing. I did have pain. Not unbearable, but some. Especially in the holding area, about what a lot of you said, "The waiting is the hardest part." Also about the alcohol wipeys. I have to disagree with you on the waiting being the hardest part, though. THE GAS!!!!! That's the worst! I'm on my third day post-op and have had 3 BMs and peeing like crazy, but the gas is still killing me. I'm walking, taking gas-x, drinking water, but ouch, still there. It's just not going away fast enough for me. I'm off the pain killers (Demerol) now and back on my Diclofenac (pain and inflammation). I think I'm doing pretty good, since this was a major surgery.

Prayers go out to my roomy. She was there for a tubiligation and had a bleeding artery; they had to cut her open and fix it. Poor girl.

Thank you everybody for your prayers and support. It's been so much easier to get through this with your help. My DH is doing everything and he's a big help. Thanks again.
Unread 09-27-2007, 12:13 PM

I had my surgery on Tuesday, it was 4 hours. The doctor said I was more of a mess inside than she thought. She was great, kept the procedure laparoscopic even though it was tough. All the staff at the hospital was great. I feel great, some aches inside and still waiting for my bowels to kick in, but that feels like it make occur sometime today. I have been taking percoset and motrin. It works very well with lots of water. That is another thing, I am puffed up like a water balloon, full of fluid everywhere from IV and all. The nurse said it will take a while for that to go down but walking will help. I weighed myself when I got home and was 7 pounds heavier from water! Just about fell over. Well,good luck everyone, hope you are all feeling better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register