Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007

Unread 11-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Nov 26-Dec 03,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 05:01 AM
I'm home!

Morning ladies! I am home and feeling like I did a million too many sit-ups! But doing ok! I was the only one who got released the day following my THV. on my floor. The nurses were impressed! *L* Doc said I was doing VERY well. Got to keep my ovaries. YEAH! I was two hours late going into surgury on the 26th but in my room by 1:30 or so. Most of that day is a blurr. Finally got REAL FOOD (I'll explain that one later) at approx 7 AM and from there things went much better. passed all my milestones (passed gas, cath out and pee'd on my own, kept my breakfast down, ect) by 9 AM. Saw the Doc and she said what do you want to do? go home? or stay? I WANNA GO HOME! *L* Got home about 6 PM the 27th and slept in 6 hour shifts. Without the nurses waking me up every couple hours to check my vitals I got to sleep for longer periods of time! well, I'm off to bed again.....Thanks l;adies for this site and all of your support! *HUGE HUGS*
Unread 11-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 26-Dec 03,2007

LAVH on 11/26 began at about 8:30. My pain was not too bad after awaking but began to increase quickly in the recovery area. It was finally controlled with Morphine and they gave me a PCA.

The recovery room nurse was wonderful. I also asked for thermisol (sp?) on my friend's advice, but that didn't work for me. The morphine worked well and I was admitted to a room at about 5 pm. I had a clear diet for dinner and no nausea.

I was afriad to move for the first few hours, but eventually began to feel very little pain. I got up to walk the halls at about midnight. It was difficult to sleep, I think because of the morphine. I was also very ichy, but it was worth it... just not to be in pain. The nurses mentioned that I could request Benedryl... but I declined since I was coming off the morphine in the morning anyway. The post op floor nurses were also wonderful.

The next morning, they removed the catherer and pca. I was given percostat.... which was not as good in helping with pain, mostly because I underestimate my need for painkillers until it starts to spike. I walked the halls again, had breakfast and lunch in the hospital and was discharged.

The ride home was painful and I think that the boucing around contributed to a painful night. I needed 2 percostat to finally sleep.

Pain is now under control but I am resting and sleeping a lot still.

I am glad that I am on the road to recovery and have scheduled my post op visit for next week.

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 10:57 AM

My surgery was Tuesday morning. I was happy to find out the dr was able to do my surgery vaginally. She didn't think she would be able to w/all my scar tissue. The only downside is I came home w/a walker. I have lupus with avascular necrosis in my left hip the surgery aggravated it but I think it was worth it to have a quicker recovery w/the vaginal hysterectomy.

I'm surprised by the amount of pain I'm in. I honestly thought it would hurt more than it does. I wish I had done the surgery sooner.
Unread 11-29-2007, 12:27 PM

Hi ladies! I had a LSH on November 26th and was released about 4 p.m. the same day. I've had all my bodily functions working, but developed an infection on one of my incisions. I try to walk as much as possible and am eating a healthy diet. Although I'm not in a lot of pain, just sore, I find I get tired very easily and try to rest as much as possible. Hopefully, I'll have a little more energy toward the weekend as well as next week when my DH will be returning to work. This site has been a blessing to me--thanks for being there for all of us!
LOL!
Unread 11-29-2007, 04:29 PM
total hyster. nov 26th

Had a total abdominal on Monday. Woke up in PACU in pain, got hooked up to a PCA Morphine. Blurred thru the day but didn't ever feel true pain relief. About 10 pm started vomiting, kept on all night long despite drugs to stop it.
: Finally requested removal of PCA at 5 am. Threw up a few more times, but once the morphine was out of my system, rapid improvement. Walked the halls, showered, urinated within one hour of my catheter coming out. Life went forward 10 fold. Never again will I take Morphine.......Toradol was the drug of choice for me, no nausea, no pain........I am home, getting around, minimal pain when I haven't maneuvered wisely. I hope I am walking enough, you guys are just walking around the house and taking showers, etc. We are talking about walking around the neighborhood yet are we?
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:28 PM

Only walking a little bit around the house here.
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:31 AM

Hi all...I came home yesterday 11/29 after having TAH on 11/27 i got to keep my ovaries and the uterine fibroid was the size of a softball. the first night was rough..they had me on demerol pca pump and I was dry heaving, they switched me to morphine which was better. I was so glad to get to come home. At my preop appt my hemoglobin was 6.9 so doc wanted to either postpone surgery or transfuse one unit of blood. I chose the transfusion because I was so ready to have the cause of the low blood count fixed. I had such terrible bleeding during my cycles and this had been going on for at least 6 months maybe longer. It all seems to be a blurr to me now. I am feeling much better now. i appreciate all of the info from you guys and I am drinking my water and taking it easy.
Great recovery wishes to all...
Susan
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Glad to be home

Hi, Am really glad to be at home and in my own bed. I had my TVH on November 27 and came home the next day. The two cases before me were tough so I was two hours late going in. Don't remember a thing until I woke up in recovery. Long night with all the vitals checking but ate a nice dinner. The itching from the morphine drove me nuts but it was better not to have pain. Am going up and down the stairs a little bit. Is this okay? And my trying to balance the walking and resting as I'm a little worn out from yesterday I think. Am taking Lortab now as the Percocet (sp?) made me throw up. Good luck everyone in your recovery! I'm off to take a nap.
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:41 AM

I am home from my DaVinci LAVH. my hospital stay was great - private room, nurses that came to check on me pretty regularly. I sailed right through the procedure and my doc was "amazed" at my being awake and chipper and happy when she saw me 24 hours after surgery. i have a little pain and discomfort now, still taking my pain meds and following doc's orders. i am mostly staying in bed and getting up to walk and pee about once an hour.

I don't know what kind of narcotic was in my pump, but I had no pain at all, as long as I hit the button about once an hour. i had one bout of nausea, but didn't actually throw up. the nurse came in and gave me something for it, and it went away immediately. I was on a clear liquid diet all that first day in the hospital.

before surgery they had me put on some compression stockings, and while I was out they put these wrap-around leg things that filled with air and kept the blood flowing in my legs. they kept these on for 24 hours and did not let me get up and walk until the stockings, cath, and IV were removed. i did a lot of lung exercises too - coughing and using an inhaler to "stretch" my lungs to prevent pneumonia.

im so glad this is over - i'll meet with my doc next week to go over the pathology report on my poor U. I"m glad its gone - 15 pounds of fibroids no longer causing me pain and suffering!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register