Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Unread 11-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 24-Oct 01,2007

Thanks for the reply Kittyf. I was never tired prior to surgery and a added benifet I lost my appetite. Within this six weeks time I lost ten pounds. I guess to my depession has kicked in because I got very little help around this house. I think I basically had two weeks to recover then I had to start to push myself to do thinks. Well thanks again for the reply.

Maureen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 11:08 AM

Oh, I'm so sorry. You've been wearing yourself out overdoing every day It seems. take a vacation and go to a motel for a week. Take you're meals with you in a cooler, or take them at a restaurant. Either way, you'll get the rest you need and you'll feel better when you get back. LOL

Course you could also beat your hubby over the head and insist on a week's vacation at home. or just ignore everything you think NEEDS to be done for a week and let it go. tell your kids, (you have a couple don't you?) to vacume, you're hubby to cook, you're kids to sort laundry and when to change it, and very magnanimously, you can give them a break and fold for them. LOL

Then you won't have a huge debt of work to do when you get home. OR, if hubby won't cook, buy seven of those banquet meals in the frozen food section and give yourself a break. You deserve to feel better by now and if it is a lack of help that is making you so tired, get tough (or teary, which is all that works around here) and tell everyone you are so tired and you NEED to get some rest. some of the time, the rest of the Family needs to SEE where this assumption that Mom can do it is taking you.

However to be frank, If you hadn't stepped up and took on the burden of the house when you weren't ready, they would have had to cope. Sure you need clothes too, but you are to be resting, you still have the need and you still have the right to ask someone to put your lights in or your darks in if you have them seperated and get them done with help. You still have the right to expect those who are able to do their own clothes or help with the laundry of the others. You still have the right to say, I'm exhausted and I'd like you go run the vacume. And dear, Maureen, DON"T look at the floor and see what they missed. IF they did what they could, the edges JUST don't matter and you won't care in a year if those edges sat for a month or even two.

In the long run, YOU are the one driving yourself, and they are letting you cause the are used to it, or they don't know what you want done at that moment, OR they forgot you are supposed to be resting. So remind them AND yourself.

end of soapbox, love, mommy
Unread 11-07-2007, 07:52 PM

Hi! I had my 5 1/2 week check-up yesterday. I had been feeling a little run down last week, plus had a lower backache. I read that can happen after a hyst. plus, I had been baking, doing my scrapbooking. I didn't worry too much about it. Then, yesterday, the pain was much stronger. I told the doc about it and he thought it might just be muscular pain or sciatica. Well, I told him it was quite painful and radiating from my mid back. He decided to run a urine check and low & behold I was diagnosed with a kidney infection ! I wish I would have called my doc sooner. It might have gotten a lot worse if I didn't have any treatment. So the point is, if you do feel unusually bad, check with your
ps...I am going back to work at 8 weeks. I work at a hospital too and think the work can be quite physical and sometimes out of your control (ie. a combative pt or a near falling pt). good luck and make sure you look out for yourself!

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2007, 08:31 PM

I have the strangest pain a few inches away from my belly button and to the right. It's like I was punched in the stomach and there's a bruise. But I swear i didn't do anything. I just returned to work this week. It might be all the sitting? It bothered me so much today that I put ice on it at work (that looked classy) and came home and took a pain pill. I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow and maybe call the dr. I just feel like such a dork, after everything I've been thru I'm gonna whine about a sore spot on my belly? It's always something lately!
Wishing you all the best and hope each day gets a little better.
Take care,
Mel
Unread 11-10-2007, 06:05 AM

hi to everyone I have missed talking to everyone. I haven't had much time since returning to work. I had my 6 week check up and everything was fine but I seem to have pain in the right side of my stomach and a knot around my scar it is only worse after i work can it be caused from being too tired and maybe my muscle knots up. I walk alot at work and have to be on the floor which means getting up and down alot, because of owning a daycare and I also have at least 20 children climbing around on my stomach everyday. I also seem a little teary in the evenings is this also because I'm tired? I hope one of you can help me with these questions.

Thanks
P.S. I hope everyone is doing better
Unread 11-19-2007, 10:51 PM

Hello Girls!

I hope you are feeling better! I start back to work next Monday, they put me in for OT the first week back (I'm either missed or unloved)! Is everyone else back to work or life as normal?

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!

Laura
Unread 11-20-2007, 07:41 AM

I haven't been on because I was depressed!!! I went to my 6 week checkup and he said I wasn't healed enough and to give it another 3 weeks. I came home and cried my eyes out!! (after locking myself in my room) Today is eight weeks for me and I finally feel "NORMAL" I slept good. I was in pain yesterday after lifting my 3-year-old. Today it is snowing and the kids love snow. I'm looking at one more week of healing till I'm cleared to have fun with my husband! Yahoo! I think I'm going to try to workout again today. It helps my mental state!!
Unread 11-27-2007, 10:48 AM

Help at 409, I sure think your symptoms sound like fatigue.

On a checking in note, (I'm in the process of changing my email addy and didn't see all the new ones til now) I went for my six week check up at five weeks, he told me to give it 3-4 weeks til I did "anything" sex, picking up the 20 lb infant and two more weeks til picking up the 30 lb toddler. I baby sat last wednesday, and got over use cramps in my stomach (think 100 sit-ups) then babysat on Sunday and got them again, but more like 60 sit-ups.

So, I'm building up my stomach muscles again by taking on the boys every so often, instead of daily like it used to be. The older grandson's other grandma and I are probably going to take turns with the boys after I am back to normal so we can both have a break.

Hope everyone is feeling better. I still have twinges but they aren't sharp and I'm looking on them as the muscles protesting being used again. LOL I still can't bend over without feeling it in the incision area though, so I'm still being careful about that.

Thanks for writing, kitty
Unread 02-02-2008, 05:04 PM

Ladies, now that you are more than 8 weeks post op, this progress thread has been moved to the date club forum.

We invite you to continue to participate, replying in support of other members with questions or starting a thread to ask questions of your needs. Please visit the pre-op and post-op forums to reply to other women in need of support!

And of course, you may continue to reply here to this thread with your friends of your hyst date club!

Thank you for making a difference at Hystersisters.com with your "woman to woman" support and kindness.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register