just had a baby - prolapsed uterus? (updated) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

just had a baby - prolapsed uterus? (updated) just had a baby - prolapsed uterus? (updated)

Unread 02-22-2011, 03:06 PM
just had a baby - prolapsed uterus? (updated)

I had a baby 6 weeks ago - he was over 10 lbs and was my third. About three weeks pp I went in because I felt like something was not hanging out of my vagina, but sitting right there - like a tampon slipping or something - anyway was told it could be a prolapsed uterus and to give it 6 months to repair itself- was told kegels could help.

Anyone have any advice - really? Can Kegels pull it back up? I'm going to see a gyno next week for a second opinion but I don't want to wait 6 months -anything else I can do - sex is horribly painful the one time we tried and my dh is so freaked out by the whole thing he won't even try now.

Was told maybe a hysterectomy would be in my future if it doesn't fix itself, but from what I'm reading that can cause a prolapse - how will that help? I'm only 33 and not sure I don't want more kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Re: just had a baby - prolapsed uterus?

My friend had something similar to you after she had her second baby. Kegals didnt not help her but I think her bladder was affected as well as her womb. She ended up having reconstructive surgery. And her womb was stitched to her spine. She is 36 now and has back pain her youngest is 4.5 years and was nearly 10lb her oldest was 9.5lb his 8 now. If a hystorectomy would help then go for it. My friend has pain a lot a very heavy periods too. But kegals never helped her but all you can do is try
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:24 PM

Hi Anne:

Here is a link to the Prolapse section of our Resources Database: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...=browse&cid=27

You may want to investigate using a pessary to hold the uterus in place while you are figuring out your next steps in treatment. Kegels can strengthen the ligaments in your pelvic area & are a good habit for all women.

Keep us posted on your 2nd opinion! I am sending huge cyberhugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2011, 07:57 AM

Seeing the obgyn on Wednesday - Midwife suggesting surgery but we will see - I do Kegels and know they are good - just don't see them pulling the uterus back up - who knows. I'll keep everyone posted.
Unread 03-02-2011, 01:49 PM
cystocele, uterine prolapse, cervix too

Just got back from the gyno - apparently I have a cystocele, uterine prolapse and my cervix is prolapsed? too? I am 33 and just had a baby 7 weeks ago. She said they won't do anything for another 4 months at least and that maybe if I do kegels and use the estrogen cream she put me on the uterus will go back up on its own. However, she said that the bladder will have to be fixed - I already pee everytime I laugh, cough, sneeze, jump, run, etc. i feel like I have no bladder control left. I also seem to be having bowel trouble - like when I have to go it needs to be NOW. My husband will not have sex with me as he is uncomfortable with the whole situation and doesn't want to hurt me. She said that I will most likely have to have a hysterectomy at some point because I am so young to have such a prolapse. We are done having kids. Should I just go ahead and do the hysterectomy when the bladder is repaired? What am I looking at as far as recovery - I have a 4 year old, 2 year old and the baby - any thoughts suggestions are welcome.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register