Breakthrough Bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Breakthrough Bleeding Breakthrough Bleeding

Unread 10-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Breakthrough Bleeding

My Doc has me on birth control pills to help with the heavy bleeding, but then I started having migraines every month when it was time for my period. This has been ongoing for about 2 1/2 years now. Lately I have been on the pill continuously so no periods, no migraines. However, I'm into my third month and starting to have breakthrough bleeding. I still have 31/2 weeks until my surgery, and Doc had told me to stay on the pill until then. Would it be better to go ahead and have a period before surgery or just keep spotting and be patient?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2003, 02:22 PM
Breakthrough Bleeding

I would follow your doctor's instructions. If you have any questions about whether or not to continue your bc pills, give him a call.

Good luck.
s
Cat
Unread 10-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Breakthrough Bleeding

I would stay on the pill just because if you go off you will most likely be hit with a horrible period. I had the break through bleeding when I was on the pill too and by the time I was taken off I was bleeding pretty much nonstop and stayed that way until I had my hyst several years later.

Think of it this way, at least you will only have a little bleeding before your hyst instead of all the heavy stuff you had to deal with before.

s

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2003, 04:16 AM
Breakthrough Bleeding

Hi winniepooh
Im having a hysterectomy 2 weeks after xmas,only ovaries being left due to heavy on going no stopping periods,v.anaemic hb is 8.4 and fibroids(I am lucky enough to be blessed with 4 children)Im 31 anyway after getting all that in Im also on I think its like b.control tablets(Norethisterone) as I didnt stop bleeding back in the summer but I have been told to stay on mine till tomorrow when I then go to the docs and have a goserelin acetate implant injected into my belly then another in 4 weeks and another 4 weeks after that then my op,avnt a clue if I will bleed(I do hope not)in the next 3 mths,from what I can gather it stops me producing hormones(but not sure)I feel for the next 6mths my life is in someone elses hands.Good luck with your op and I would stick to your pills you definately dont want another period eeeeuuuccch.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register