Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020

Unread 08-03-2020, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020

If your hysterectomy was between Aug 03-Aug 09,2020 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2020, 03:52 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 03-Aug 09,2020

Princesses to your Recovery Progress Report thread and the other side,

This is your thread for sharing with and caring for your kind sisters and caring for yourself. It will be as helpful as you make it. You can compare experiences, share progress, vent frustrations, ask questions and just generally find understanding.

I am your SunshineSister. I remember how good it felt to have my surgery over. I am here to say “you aren’t alone” and to share my personal experiences and the things I have learned other sisters. I had my dvTH/BSO with rectocele and cystocele repairs on 1/16/14 and had a slow but in complicated recovery.

Recovery is different for everyone and there is No Normal. We will have similarities to share. Initial recovery may take 6-12 weeks and full healing could be 1 year. You know your own body so please listen to it. Heed any warning and go slow.

Make sure your profile has the correct surgery type, this is helpful as some answers to questions depend on this. Also while you are editing, where you are in this wide world can be fun.

So some Sisterly advice:
-Be kind to yourself and listen to your body.
-Follow your Dr’s orders and limitations.
-Accept help from family and friends. You just had MAJOR SURGERY.
-Drink lots of water and eat healthy tummy friendly foods.
-Rest, Rest, Rest, and Rest
-walk a little each hour that you are awake (to the bathroom, to get a cup of tea or glass of water)

Feel free to ask questions about anything that comes up or if you just need a cyber (((hug))) ASK

This site has some great articles so explore while doing some of that resting. You could start at the top of the screen in grey letters. The big blue bar helps with info also, including Hysterectomy check points(I really learned and enjoyed this). It let me know what to expect as I progressed in my healing.

Don’t forget the post op forum to ask questions of sisters farther along in their recovery who might have had a similar issue. I will definitely let you know when this is a good idea.

So as you begin your healing remember you just had MAJOR SURGERY. You have ONE CHANCE to get this right. Listen to your body and take care of you. This is your main task for the next few weeks. We are here to help! See you when you are ready to post. You have my prayers and good thought for your recovery.

Lots of Gentle Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 08-04-2020, 10:46 AM
Day one post op

I hope it's not just me or anyone thinking I'm rubbing my recovery in others' faces. To be honest, I haven't taken my narcotics since midnight, and all I feel is a little sore like having light period cramps. It's hard to sit up or get off the couch, but that's about it.
A lot of friends that have had this surgery I spoke to in person have stated the same thing, and they felt so much better after the surgery than before.
I'm waiting for a moment to be in such agonizing pain as I read through other threads, but I have had periods way worse than this surgery. I am forever grateful my pain is minuscule.
I am still going to take it easy, so no worries to warn me about staying put. My mom is here to help me; she is an OR nurse. I got all the supervision I need to recover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2020, 04:41 PM

I had my surgery yesterday and can't believe I'm home today. I thought for sure I would have a couple of nights in the hospital. I'm achy and sore but able to get around pretty well. Still very sleepy!
Now the waiting game for pathology reports....
Unread 08-04-2020, 05:45 PM

s0ng81rd and suz_lopez,

To your Recovery Progress Report thread. It’s so good to hear how well you ladies are doing. Now the key to a speedy recovery is to stay slow. No over doing, stick to your restrictions but Do walk and frequently just around the house right now for 5-10 minutes. This will help increase the circulation in the pelvic area and help reduce inflammation. The operant word is gentle walking!! Keeping things quiet down there will also help. And as I said above lots of water. Eat healthy, most find that foods gentle on the GI tract work well after things have been disrupted and slowed down with anesthesia. The things that work after having a stomach flu are a good place to start. I lived on oatmeal, soft eggs, and of course stewed prunes (to help get things going again).

suz, I’m keep good thoughts for that path!!

Lots of gentle sister hugs,
Anndy
Unread 08-04-2020, 06:00 PM

The charge nurse was in a rush to get me out the door as I was struggling to get off the toilet for my first pee. Besides that nurse pushing me out, I had an okay expereince. With COVID happening right now, there isn't much for anyone to stay overnight unless it was life threatening. I have a lot of energy today and had to slow myself down because I feel so much better. Glad you're doing ok.
Unread 08-04-2020, 06:19 PM

Yes you too! It sounds like you are doing very well. I'm struggling to get coffee in bed and actually sleep more than a couple hours at a time.

Thank you for all of the support!
Unread 08-04-2020, 11:49 PM

I had an RTLH/ BSO with exploratory today and they rushed me out as soon as they could. I don't know when I can shower or how to get out of bed. They only read a few things from my discharge papers as I was getting in the car. This Covid thing has caused hospital staff to have very poor bedside manner. Im so thankful for the support groups available to us because I know I can get some of those questions answered.

Aside from that I'm doing well. Lots of pain but I knew that, so I'm taking my Percocet when I'm supposed to. Not much bleeding. Before my surgery, I had problems emptying my bladder, but today, Its completely emptying!
I actually look forward to the next time I get to pee (which is every hour).
My dr was initially going to send me home with Estrogen due to having my Ovaries removed, but he didn't. He told me to notify him if I begin getting hotflashes. Don't women usually wake up with hotflashes after surgery? Can this mean that in the middle of all my suffering from this problem, I was going through Menopause too and didn't even know it? Or do the Menopause symptoms come later? These are things I wish they would have taken the time to tell me.
No matter what, its a new day and I am a new woman! Can't wait til I'm completely healed! Look out world!
Unread 08-05-2020, 05:27 AM

all & GinaGibson,

Guess it is a slim balance between keeping you healthy and bedside manner. Glad you seem to be doing well. Many do go home right away and are able to rest better at home. Rest is one of the main things that will help you heal. Why don’t you call the Drs office and ask a few questions so you don’t sit there and wonder. In the mean time keep up your walking about 5-10 minutes every hour when you are up peeing or getting a snack. Lots of water.

No most don’t just wake up with hot flashes. They usually appear in the few weeks following surgery. So there may be time before You will need HRT. Don’t be shy though let your Dr know when the time comes.

To all remember to

Gentle hugs,
Anndy
Unread 08-05-2020, 05:35 AM

I had my hysterectomy on Monday. Da Vinci robotic, but the uterus was too large and vagina canal too narrow to remove vaginally so in addition to the five laparoscopic cuts I have a bikini incision like a c-section. I’m still in the hospital, hoping to go home today. But haven’t passed gas or had a bowel movement yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register