LSH Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-25-2004, 09:38 PM
LSH Question

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if someone could help me. My sister-in-law had an LSH to remove just the uterus due to endometriosis. The cervix, ovaries, and tubes were left in. She has severe pain every time an internal exam is done, the Dr. put her on Lupron for 6 months to make sure it is not her ovaries and tubes that are causing her pain at other times. I had a TAH June 8, 2004 due to adenomyosis. I had pain for 7 months before anything was found out. I feel bad for her and I don't know what to suggest to her. She has had 9 surgeries (laparoscopys, 2 c-sections, LSH) most of the laparoscopy procedures were because of severe cases of endometriosis and the fact that she wanted more kids. My theory is if the Dr. would just go in and remove the cervix it would make things easier for her, but he keeps telling her that the surgery is very dangerous and there could be a lot of complications. We go to the same Dr. and he didn't have a problem doing the procedure on me. I know this upsets her, can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2004, 11:35 PM
LSH Question

Chris,

Possibly she needs a 2nd opinion?? You both share the same Dr. and if your Dr cannot find out what is causing her pain, a 2nd or even a 3rd opinion might be a good idea. Your Dr. did the surgery and may not be as objective as he could be.

Possibly, could she have an infection that he is not detecting??

Also, I can suggest questioning the lupron. I went on it to shrink my fiborids for surgery. My Dr. did not want me to be on it longer than 3 months. 6 months is a long time in lupron world.

I am 9 weeks post op from a LSH and very pleased with my surgery results!! I had an internal exam at 6 weeks and it did not bother me at all. I am not sure where the cervix fits in?? Unless there is a problem with pre-cancer or prolapse.

Also, when did she have her surgery?? I know my Dr. did a lookey-loo on my ovaries and tubes and I signed a waiver to have them removed if he found a problem. They were okay.

I wonder if her Dr. missed something in surgery?? Also, is she having any problems with her bladder?? I have heard of some LSH ladies where the Dr. nicked the bladder.

This reply is kind of all over the place. Keep us posted if we can help at all.
Unread 06-26-2004, 09:44 AM
LSH Question

Dear Chris:

I am not personally experienced with endo, but it's my understanding that the estrogen from the ovaries will continue to feed the endo. I see lots of endo gals here who have their ovaries removed AND forgo HRT for a few months post-op as a way to combat the endo. At the top of this page, you can click on the Resources links and find lots more info on endo.

I would suggest your sister get a 2nd opinion since this doc seems to be stalled over how to proceed. I hope she can find the solution to her pain soon.

I am sending huge cyberhugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2004, 01:07 PM
LSH Question

I too suggest an second opinon.
I had a LSH a few year ago and that does not sound like a familiar thing.
Endo is not cured unless they take out the whoe kit and caboodle from what I hear though and even then not for sure.

Att his point in time a secnd opnion and maybe a look see scan of some kind might be in order.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register