Life starts at 40 Transition Club (2005) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Life Begins at 40

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Life starts at 40 Transition Club (2005) Life starts at 40 Transition Club (2005)

Unread 01-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Life starts at 40 Transition Club (2005)

Can I change my modeling behavior?? Not really. My plan is to learn as much as I can about breast issues. As I said earlier I am in the first phase of reconstruction. I will now be starting the last phase. I went to the drs. on friday and and saw the assosciate to my plastic surgeon. I have excessive lymphatic fluid and had to have an ultrasound and have it drained. The radiologist refused to drain it. Found out some other interesting news about my pathology. Carcinoma unspecified...What does that mean??? Do I have questions now. I don't think I was to find out that way. My dr has been on vacation and this new dr wrote it on the referral form. I didn't notice it until I checked in for the ultra sound. I don't like being 40 something anymore. Can I go back to my 30's? Oh ya, the associate to my dr. over inflated my right breast tissue expander and ruptured it. I wouldn't want to be him tomorrow when my dr blasts him. Should be an interesting day. Modeling behavior has just gone out the window. The new me, the one who was told by radiologist that I knew too much is going to go balistic. Plug your ears, it may get messy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2005, 05:46 AM

I'm not sure who menitoned Flylady.net, but I was curious so I looked on that webpage. I joined up, cause I could sure use some helpful tips to get organized.

Maybe my 40's will be when I finally get organized. LOL. With three kids, this will be a challenge. But my DH will be happy.

{hugs}
Kathylynne
Unread 01-19-2005, 02:06 PM

What a great topic! Hugs to all of you, whether you've had a rotten time in your 40s or a fabulous time or both!

I'm seven years old. The 40s have been an incredible learning experience for me. Both good and bad, but always ending in goodness. I figure as long as I'm learning and growing, the bad stuff is just scenery along the way.
  • Learned to swim, snorkel, and got certified as a scuba diver, despite (or maybe because of) a lifetime fear of the water
  • Fell in love again, over a decade after my divorce
  • Supported said love after he was laid off and loaned him a TON of money that he can't afford to pay back
  • Adopted my first dog in over a decade, beginning a series of rescues that ended with me having five dogs!
  • Worsening fibroids, polyps, hemoraging, etc, leading to hysterectomy
  • Laid off from job/career of 15 years
  • Finally admitted depression, went on meds, kicked out boyfriend
  • Finally admitted needed help with migraines and went on preventative
  • Tallied finances, sold house, and hit the road in an RV for the journey of my life!
  • Smelling the flowers, seeing the country, meeting new friends, and beginning to plan for the future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2005, 07:48 PM

to our club, (((Karen)))) You sure have gone through a lot in your 40's. I do like that you're now smelling the flowers
Unread 01-21-2005, 04:50 PM

Hi. I'm 45 so I'm halfway through. I dreaded turning 40 so much. The girls in my office still tease me about it because I was so depressed. But I had just gotten a divorce and then my dad died. I had a very low income; my ex had re-married and they had decided that child support didn't apply to them.
Anyway I struggled for a long time, had a dramatic breakdown, scared my poor youngest DD to pieces and finally found a therapist and got to work on improving my life.
I joined a tai chi class ( and married the instructor!!!); went back to working out; got a raise; got a promotion; got another raise.... Life is good.
The most important life change has been a great healing in a rift with my older DD.
Along the way I had a hyst. Seems like a small blip in the scheme of things but then I had all of you to help me through it.
Unread 01-22-2005, 03:48 AM
Smile - Life starts at 40 Transition Club (2005) Over the 40 hill!

Hi!
I'm 41, turning 42 in Sept, and turning 40 has been a whole new experience.

At 40, I had my hyster, starting a whole new chapter in the Life begins at 40 book.
I'm beginning a whole new life, based on 'guess which menopausal/hormonal problem I'm having today', my poor old body is all over the place, nobody mentioned hormones/ early menopause to me when having hyster, or seeing gynae. I wish I'd found you gals months before my hyster, instead of months after!
Having young children whilst going through this change is a big nono, no wonder mother nature lets us go through it naturally when our kiddies are old enough to take care of themselves!!!
Oh well, at least we can go through it all together, and compare notes
Unread 01-26-2005, 08:05 AM
Exam #1

I had my fist exam last night in my Psych class. I was dreading since I haven't been in a class in 18 years. I got a 100%. Yeah for me.

I have surgery tomorrow for reconstruction screw up and biopsy on fluid in left breast. Carcinoma unspecified....When they started the reconstruction, they found two spots on scar of left breast. Cancer, but margins were clear. Hoping for the best tomorrow. No class for two weeks. I will keep you posted.

I love school
Unread 01-26-2005, 08:08 PM

I am 40...going to be 41 in April. I say..Life Begins at 40! I still have hormonal issues...but all 4 of my kids are self sufficient....I am 19 years into a career.....I may have gained 10 pounds...but still get called a Hot Mom! What more could I want? Keep reminding me....cuz my hormones make me b*tchy...that I am SO lucky! Laura
Unread 01-27-2005, 05:53 PM

Sally! Congrats on the 100%! I will be graduating college in May at the grand old age of 42! It is never too late to start. I dreaded taking Psyche, but really enjoyed the class and ended up doing most excellent!

I hope your breast biopsy went okay. I'm saying a er for you. Do let us know your results and how you're doing.
Unread 01-31-2005, 02:28 AM

Hello,

I just found this thread and as McDonalds would say "I'm lovin it!"
I am 41. I had total pelvic floor reconstruction at age 39. Chronic UTI's and a host of other problems followed. Surgery last June seemed to cure the obsturuction that was causing the UTI's. PT was dragging at a ridiculous rate of slowness so last December I complained and started being treated much more agressively for adheasions. I'm guessing I still have severl months of PT left but I feel so much progress is being made now. I also started going to the Chiropractor. His name is Valintine and he is like a gift from God! I feel amazingly better. My hips were severely skeewed. My whole back was messed up and he is fixing it. I've never had good posture but now it is getting straight. It's amazing. This school year after 9 years of homeschooling I put all the kids in school and got a job. I LOVE MY JOB! I am a cookie artist at cookies by design. I love going to work each morning.

Over all I think 40 has been great! I'd not wish the health problems I've been having on anyone but, now that I'm starting to feel good I don't ever remember feeling this good.

Marla

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register