Pass it on... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Beyond the Land of Hyster

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pass it on... Pass it on...

Unread 04-11-2001, 11:50 AM
To Kathy & to those that inspired HER

Twyla,

"You" have given back to this site 10 fold in many ways, as well, by your many encouraging posts. And how wonderful of you to hold Kathy up to the lime light for her due credit. I had no idea how all this got started and who was the inspiration. I thank you for sharing unselfishly this info. I am sure her inspiration came by those first encounters she made back in 1999 that touched her heart. You and the others must have made a big impact on her. I thank you all, because we now are the ones that benefit from what you all shared back in the beginning. Simply put: What an incredible site!!!/Sab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2001, 01:30 PM
Thank you Twyla

Twyla,

Your words are truly inspirational. This site has been a God send to me. I truly don't think I would have made it through these last several weeks if I didn't have the support and wisdom of you and all of the ladies here.

Visiting this site is the first thing I do in the morning after getting the kids off to school, and the last thing I do before bedtime.

I look forward to giving support back to those who have helped me so much.

I wish you continued good health.
Unread 04-11-2001, 01:31 PM
Hi, Glad to meet ya. ; )

I am also a member of those AOL message boards.
I am a daily visitor. I try to help women who have endo. I have been a member of that board for 2 and a half years now. I come in contact with ladies everyday, looking for answers.

I have so many links, thousands, I have shared with them. I have helped them find doctors.

I have met so many true friends on these boards. And like you said, we share our fears, our tears our joys and our losses.

We are a Family.

Some of the younger ones, I have adopted...LOL
I am their mother hen. = )

Anything I can do here to help, just let me know. I am always willing to lend a hand. I am well versed on my endo. ; )

Take care and thanks for this site,
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2001, 02:04 PM
Congrats Twyla!!

Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary!!!! No matter how busy my day gets I still try every day to came back and visit. I am almost 6 months post op and could not have gotten through any of it without this wonderful site. I remember being 4 days post op and finding this site and I just sat glued to the chair crying! Boy, I've come along way!! I also remember seeing your picture and Music Lady Linda's and Dot's and Kathy's picture. The pictures will always stand out in my mind as part of my early recovery, they were so comforting!! I'm sure that sounds strange! Any way congrats on the anniversary!!!!
Unread 04-11-2001, 02:11 PM
Thank you for sharing that Twyla...

I really needed to hear that right now as I am facing some problems related to my hyst at this late in the game.
There is something to be said for the closeness and love we women have been able to form simply due to the fact that we are facing the same type of surgery.
Amazing, isn't it??
((((((((((Hugs)))))))))to you Twy!
Love,
Ami
Unread 04-11-2001, 04:05 PM
Happy Hyster-versary Twyla!

Congrats Twyla on two years of recovery and two years of multiplying the goodness and kindness by helping women.

My 3 year hyst anniversary is coming up and I do look back on those weeks on the AOL message board with such love and fondness. I did think to myself...gosh, what I get here on this hysterectomy message board needs to be available to the women of the net.

That first Hyster Sisters site was simple and small. It didn't have on it what it has today. It has grown ten-fold as the women stick around and help each other through this time of unrest, exhaustion and tendency to overdo. (Rest! Pamper the princess!)

Because of the goodness and kindness of visitors, this website is the coolest place to be. Its a great place to hang out and meet new friends that are going through what you are going through.

This place...is built upon the women. I may be the keeper of the keys to this site, but the support of the women beats the heart and makes it thrive.

Thank YOU, ladies, for being the hand that another hyster sister can hold when she is frightened. Thank YOU for being the gal that reminds the hyster sister to rest and recover. Thank you for the laughter and the support. Thank YOU for your generous support to each other and thank you for financially sending some cold cash to help keep this site up and rolling.

You make a difference in each other's lives and I'm tickled pink (and purple) that this website is what it is.

Thanks Twyla for reminding us. Aren't women grand?
Unread 04-12-2001, 09:14 PM
Pass it on...

This is beautiful Twyla!! Your writing was lovely and you expressed how we all feel so wonderfully!! Thank you so much for posting this!!
Happy Anniversary!!!!
Unread 04-12-2001, 09:54 PM
Ditto

What a wonderful message Twyla.---- I have been bouncing in and out now for soon to be one year and still find encouragement, wonderful support and great gals to chat with pre or post!! The Friends Without Faces site is growing and a nice place to continue on when we see our lights beaming at the end of the tunnel. You and Cyd have been very thoughtful and wonderful to meet via this information highway. Cheers to all of you. Carole & remember our little terrors (ooops I mean Terriers)
Unread 04-12-2001, 10:18 PM
sniff...sniff...

Pass the cyber tissues, please!

How beautiful! What a great and pure heart you have!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 04-13-2001, 05:17 AM
Pass it on...

Absolutely Beautiful Twyla. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, they represent what so many of us feel.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register