Tummy Tuck AFTER hysterectomy (2007) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Tummy Tuck Too

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tummy Tuck AFTER hysterectomy (2007) Tummy Tuck AFTER hysterectomy (2007)

Unread 01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Tummy Tuck AFTER hysterectomy (2007)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyCat16
It has been 1 year and i also have a pouch. It is low. I went to a plastic surgeon and he is removing the old scar and pulling up the loose skin and taking the too tight scar out. I am not over weight and also had a flat frontal view. And now I do not. I don't know what surgeons think when they are sewing you up. roxycat16
good luck with this..i am also not overweight at all but after one of my surgeries, it looked like the surgeon pulled the scar so tight, it left a deep indent. i hated it. i had a mini tt/scar revision and its just beautiful. its been 8 or 9 years and i'm still so so happy i had it done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2009, 07:09 AM
TT and tummy tuck

The breast reduction was not as bad to me as the tt. There was some pain and swelling but not nearly as bad as the stomach muscle pain. My husband had to help me get up and down for the first week. I had him push me forward from the back so that my arm/chest muscles were not involved. They sent me home with a morphine pump attatched to my side and a catheter so for 3 days I was kind of out of it at home. It was nice that I was at home in my own bed. I also had two drain tubes that hubby had to empty. I could not have done it without his help. The drain tubes came out one the first week and the second the second week. I was able to shower after the morphine pump was removed and I kind of set down because I have a detachable shower head so that helped. I was worried that I would get dizzy so I sat down as a precaution, plus I was still taking Lortab and muscle relaxers. I had the surgery on Dec16th and I was able to attend a family Christmas gathering on the 20th. I sat down a lot but I was able to enjoy watching Christmas. I admitt I am a huge baby when I comes to pain so you may do better than me. I would NOT be brave enough to have a TT with a hyst. I had to make my mind up to do everything the doctor said and I am not normally so disciplined but so far I have done pretty well. No lifting, lots of rest and you must have a good caretaker. I tell my husband that I owe him so much for listening to me fuss. I am the worst patient ever. Hope this helps. anything I missed, please ask
Unread 01-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Tummy Tuck AFTER hysterectomy (2007)

Thanks so much for the reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2009, 10:29 AM
TT and Hysterectomy

I had a TAH (kept ovaries) w/ hernia repair and a TT on 12/30/08 and am 3 weeks out now.

Dixie peep described my recovery almost to a "T". It's a little more effort with the drains and such (and I definitely could not have done it without my DH) but it has been so worth it. I have been following the post hysterectomy forum and my recovery doesn't sound much different from anyone else recovering from a TAH. The way I see it, the scar is really not that much longer than the hysterectomy scar and now my tummy is wrinkle free! Very swollen, but wrinkle free

I'd recommend doing everything at once to anyone. I can't imagine going through the healing process for them separately.

Kim
Unread 04-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Question - Tummy Tuck AFTER hysterectomy (2007) Re: Tummy Tuck after hysterectomy

I didn't know I could get a Tummy tuck with surgery, my doctor never discussed it. I had an enlarged uterus because of all my fibroids (similiar to 4 month pregnancy). I had assumed it would go down after may TAH, (5 weeks ago). I have this pouch that sticks out about 2 inches above my 'bikini' scar. It is not normal nor follow any of the curves I had before. Is there any non-surgical help for his pouch?
Unread 05-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Re: Tummy Tuck and hysterectomy at same time

I have surgery scheduled for June 10th to have a hysterectomy and a tt. I was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback if they have had the same surgery. I am getting nervous and wondering if I making the right decision.
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Re: Tummy Tuck after hysterectomy

I am so glad to read your stories, ladies. Thanks, it is encoraging to know what others are experiencing out there. We are not alone!!
Crazi1
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Question - Tummy Tuck AFTER hysterectomy (2007) Re: TT and tummy tuck

Thank you for pointing out the importance of a caregiver. That is one of my concerns since I will be single by the time I have the surgeries. Perhaps a nurse can be hired?
Crazi1
Unread 09-30-2009, 07:09 PM

Ok i have been reading so much stuff on the belly getting big after the hysterectomy.What did these doctors do to us? Before my surgery i had a flat belly and i look like i am 5 months pregnant.The other day i was in the store and this lady asks me when was my baby due? I wanted to cry.I guess the only way to make it go away is to have a tt and i am really thinking about it.I am very scared to cause of the pain but i know it will be worth it in the long run.
Unread 10-01-2009, 07:58 PM

Well I do not know it first hand about the results of a hyst, yet, but I decided to go with a tummy tuck at the same time as my hyst and it's a big burden on my brain. But the up side is that it's one recovery. That is my motivation for combining the surgeries.

From other ladies stories and reading, it seems we need a full year to be truly recovered from the hyst surgery.

Please wait for that time to pass. Meanwhile read, read, read and ask questions. There is no rush.

One more thing, exercises that target the belly and hips. Find out what you can do and include them even if you are like me; hit and miss , because any that you do is better than none at all.

Oh, Walking!! Park farther away, use the stairs, go around the block, try the local park. It's the easiest, free-est, simplelest thing to do that, at the very least, will do wonders for your well being.

Finally, you need a snappy comeback for when someone embarasses themselves by asking "when is it due". It was not meant to hurt you. It was a mistake.

So what can you say? "Five months ago." And when they get that confused look on their face say, "Actually, I had a hysterectomy and it seems to being taking forever for my bikini figure to come back. Meanwhile, I'll stick to a one piece." Say it with a smile. That will disarm them and change the direction of the conversation, I hope.

Crazi1

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register