Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 68 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 05-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Wow, after reading the past few posts, I have discovered that there seems to be a HUGE difference in recovery rates for those of us who were able to keep our ovaries and those that were not. There were no problems with mine so I still have them. I feel for you guys who had them removed. The mental/emotional turmoil probably makes the physical recovery feel a bajillion times more difficult. My heart goes out to you! Praying you and the docs will be able to find the right balance for each of you, so you can go back to being your wonderful previous selves!

I am back to my regular routine, especially with the exercising. But that has caused me to start feeling alot of those "healing" nerve pains. Will be nice when that is done. They were bad over the weekend. But have subsided. Must have had a rush in the healing dept.

I took my son to the beach this morning. It was wonderful! I again remembered that I will never have to tell my family "I can't, I am on my period" ever again!! It was such a freeing feeling. I was smiling to myself. Good thing no one saw me. They might think I was loopy--well I am, sort of.

Here's to remembering, relaxing, and rejoicing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 07:48 PM

hmmm thanks for the 411 on nair, i will try that and see if it works..waxing i can only stand to do for my eyebrows anything other than that makes me mean LOL cause it hurts too bad..I think my skin has become more sensitive too..
Unread 05-07-2008, 09:06 AM

Some how I stopped getting alerts for all these new posts. I am sad/glad to read about those of us still struggling to be normal as I am struggling. I just had my post op check at 9 weeks -doc put on some silver nitrate and says I need one more week before putting anything in there- I have been feeling like an emotional basket case, worse than ever. Doc told me that I am typical and normal because at about two months out from a hysterectomy most women go through a crash mentally and physically- we are far enough away from surgery to have mental energy to fall apart! We are tired if we aren't sleeping well due to hot flashes! We want our old selves back and we are still healing! Some of us are just realizing that our uterus really is gone and what that means and feels like. People like me who had cancer also go through a time of reflection - I dodged a bullet with cancer, now what about the rest of my life? How do I want to live? Wow, I didn't have the control I thought I had- A lot to process. I wish I'd known when I started crying a lot that this was usual. She says I will feel better sometime in the next six months-

guess that means I need to be easier on myself, not try to do so much, and accept this upheaval - And THEN RISE LIKE A PHOENIX BABY! (love this first thing in the morning energy and good attitude.)

TAH March 3, ovaries out, endo out, uterine cancer stage 1 removed with the surgery, age 51 (atypical case since I had none of the usual risk factors)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2008, 09:09 AM
All the pretty Ribbons

I like knowing about the other colored cancer ribbons. Thanks. Amy
Unread 05-07-2008, 09:17 AM

Oh, Gigi, my heart goes out to you. I hope you find help soon. Hugs, Amy
Unread 05-07-2008, 12:14 PM

Daffy i dont think i could of said it any better myself!!!! Lots of hugges to you...i am running around trying to keep up like i used to, and do my jobs and crap like i used to, but mentally nevermind physically i am worn out!, No one understands except for here, i still cant bend good or squat, i have god forsaken gas pains again hello whats up with that??? Bladder and BM i am over it..but those around me think i am 150 % healed and say to me still?? your tired?? still you have pains??? then they have the nerve to say i dont understand...hmmm i think to myself..." self they dont understand...gee imagine that" Self doesnt even understand yet..all i hear is oh its your hormones making you crazy...why are you screaming? why are you complaining its only garbage blah blah..I've been trying to post as upbeat and happy as possible...but i am struggling some days..Oh and guess what??? I got new honkerblonked (i put it myself since in know they will change it)stretch marks!!!!! compliments of swelly belly yep i sure did..i had a few spots hurting and had someone look at it to see if my undies or my pants were resting on one of the incisions ohhhh noooo they were stretch marks, just what i need, its bad enough my double belly button has hair sprouting out of it like a garden, anyway * deep breathe* guess i should find my chi or something huh..off back to work now i have to work doubles for the next month, boy am i thrilled..by the way my dreams and visions that i have...i think i could write a mini series of short stories..some things i picture doing to others around me (ignorant) are right out of a stunt mans job..I have to LOL really i do, because if not i will be in the corner somewhere sucking my toes rocking back and forth...not even medicated-cause no one will give me any haha..Ok ladies have a great day!!!! Feel Great..throw something if need be HEHE just kidding..I cant even throw myself on the floor and have a temper tantrum (wont be able to get up) I'll be like that old commercial HELP I"VE FALLEN AND CANT GET UP! insted i'm like the phone commercial CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW??? I want my llife back-only the decent part ( it wasnt that great,but at least i was mobile and cute.. Lots of hugges and kisses..yeah i can go on forever.

Rachel
PS can you believe my beloved teens actually have the nerve to ask why do they have to walk the dog??? aghhh
Unread 05-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Missed you all very much!

Hi you all

I can't believe that it has been so long since I have posted. I ended up in the hospital for a blood clot. I tried to tell the doctors that I knew it was a clot but they would not listen. They said the test in April was negative so it couldn't be a clot. I was told it was probably a pulled muscle so I was supposed to massage and use heat therapy. DUH! That is what you are NOT supposed to do for a clot. Anyway the clot moved and after over a week in the hospital, I am home with home health care. I will have to take injections twice a day in the stomach until the oral blood thinner kicks in. Go get my blood drawn by the vampires. (I think I will join vampires anonymous) (Just say No) I hope you all don't mind me venting because it seems like this is the only place where people listen. I have been told that I am really lucky that it didn't break loose and go to the lungs. It only moved from the calf to behind the kneecap.

Talk about hormones. Ugh. I have been having mood swings out the ying yang. and since I missed my Gyno appointment last week, I have to wait until next week to be seen. My poor husband. I don't think I will ever get cleared for fun time. I did call the gyno. from the hospital to get clearance for when I came home. The nurse practitioner told me to get through the clot issue first. My reply was just give me clearance, I can just stick my leg out and not bend it. She didn't see the houmor in that.

I was told that I shouldn't even go to the teacher of the year banquet tomorrow because I could get cut with a knife accidentally. Come on I about cracked up laughing. Like what a group of "teacher's of the year" are going to get into a knife fight. Yeah right! I could cut myself while brushing my teeth. Anyway, I have missed you all. And it will take me forever to catch up on the posts.

Please, please take it from me. Listen to your bodies. We know when something isn't right. Well I hope this finds most of you all well and thanks for letting me vent.
I hope those of you that are teaching are taking care of yourselves. I do know that I will not teach without the funky white stockings again. Something about helping the blood move and not making the feet swell. Oh well. Thanks again.
Unread 05-07-2008, 01:59 PM

Sweetpea...you crack me up!
Thank you so much for the smiles your post gave me. I certainly can share the frustrations with you, and also with daffyquacky. There were sooo many times that I would feel pretty good physically, but mentally just wasn't at the same speed. I long for the day that they will catch up with each other!
Today was my third day back at work, and it seemed a bit tougher than on Monday. I guess I'm just out of practice of being on my feet, standing in one position for a long of period of time. I sat down as much as I could, what was really hurting was my ankles with the swelling. I take water pills, and have pretty much sworn off salt to help with the situation. When I get home, I hit the recliner to get my feet elevated.
Like others have posted, I'm certainly thankful that the heavy bleeding is gone, and I don't have to think about the 'monthly curse' anymore! I'm just dealing now with the every so often 'pings', sometimes a lot stronger than I'm prepared for. Also, my sleeping habits suck and need to get them back in line with a working person!
I see the surgeon tomorrow, and he told me he will ask me how my work days are going, whether to put me on half days for a second week. Truthfully, the way the first few days have gone, I wouldn't mind a bit of a break another week or so. What I have discovered going on in the next few weeks, I really don't want to deal with it for a full day, whether I'm ready for the crowds or not. I still have many hours left of FMLA to use up, and why not do so while I can. After all, the first 3.5 wks I was off, my vacation hours were used up, so I have none left for the rest of the year.
Chalk it up as looking out for my mental health!
I can't remember who....but someone had posted about 'dry mouth'. Yep....got that too. Sometimes I feel like my stomach is sloshing around from all the water I'm drinking because I'm so thirsty all the time, and my lips get chapped very easy. Also, I've noticed since surgery, that my legs from the knee down, have become sooo dried out, they have turned kinda scaley. I should buy stock in body lotion products!!
Wishing a good week to all
xo Joanie
Unread 05-07-2008, 02:17 PM

Callie44....welcome back...and we've missed you too! I'm sooo sorry to hear of your setback, and I will add you to my prayers tonight for a comfortable healing. Are the injections you are taking called Lovenox? I was given a precription for that after surgery, but wound up not having to do the daily injections for 28 days. This was because after the laproscopic, later that night, I had complications, rushed into the OR, and came out looking like a big zipper. Since then I've had a few setbacks, so that's why my recovery had been a bit drawn out for my taste!
I also wear those support stockings, but didn't wear them until I started back to work because I wasn't spending the day on my feet. It really does make a difference tho with them, I find my legs not being as tired. If I stand for a long time, my ankles and EVEN my toes begin to look like tree trunks, and then it's just so painful to even walk.
Callie, I'm so very glad that this was taken care of for you, despite the wrong call the first time. You mentioned home health care....what are they doing for you?
xo Joanie
Unread 05-07-2008, 02:19 PM

Callie44:

It is so good that you listened to what YOU thought was going on; confirms that we do know when our bodies are off. Sorry you had to go through such a rough spot. Hopefully you can continue on the road to recovery without any more side paths.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register