Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 137 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Looks like I have company today. DD has a rash behind her ear and along her jaw and cheek, and down the right side of her chest and tummy!! What the heck!We thought she might be getting coldsores on her bottim lip lats night, which she has never had before, and this mornign they look like 2 little dots. like she bit her lip. But I guess I will be taking her to the docter. Shes also all stuffy, and had a horrible sleep. I took her temp cause she feels wrm, but it says 94. I think I need a new thermomature. And my icepick is back.
This will be a fun day!Crafts here we come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 09:09 AM

Morning sistas! I have no idea how I'm awake, but I'm here. I didn't go to bed until 4 am and was up at 8am. ugh! I just e-filed my taxes. I owe I owe! I have to review my city form then I'll be mailing them a check, ugh!

The kids are all at school so I'm going to lunch with a friend....Quaker Steak & Lube. I'm sure my innards will thank me later...rofl!

Not much else going on here. Just been feeling cold, depressed, and tired. I go back to work in 2 wks. I honestly have not missed it even though I like what I do. I definitely don't miss the 34 miles one way drive with the cost of gas skyrocketing.

It's sunny, but chilly here. Can't wait for the warm weather to come and STAY! Our yard needs mowed, but it's too cold and too wet. Maybe I'll get to it later on in the week...have to check the forecast.

I have a dentist appt. on Wed....yippee!

Have a great day!
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:27 AM

I finally got to sleep around 3 and then woke up to help get the kids off to school and then went back to sleep until 10:00. I called the doctor about my crazy sneezing spell last night that caused all of the pain. I have not heard back. No bright red blood but it sure hurt. I think I will stay in my pajamas all day and read a book.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 09:45 AM

Hi everyone,
Week 4 today I still have 2 more weeks off, then it will be the 6 wk checkup and see how that goes. I am doing better each day, the energy has come back pretty good, not normal but better. DH birthday was yesterday didn't do much but we had a quiet time at home. Nothing new with me just boring I would say, it was really hot here yesterday we even turned on the AC since it was 80 in the house, the news said we went up 90yesterday, gosh it is too early for this to happen just yet. We usually get to 110 over the summer and it is a hot dry heat I keep asking myself why do we still live here, but family is here and that is important. Have a great day
Karen
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:51 AM
5th Weekly Visit

Well, I had my 5th weekly visit today. It was a quickie! Last week, she told me she was going to do silver nitrate this week but she didn't! She checked the wound and said it is "filling in" nicely. So that was good to hear. She was really busy today so we didn't have a sit down, chat like we did last week. She said she would email me with my next appointment and then said, "see you in a few weeks". This will be the first time I haven't had to go back in a week or less. So, I'm assuming things are going very well.

I still had a bunch of questions but I just emailed them to her. I am assuming since she didn't pack the wound this time that I can discontinue doing that, too. I really, really hope so. That was one of my questions. She didn't say anything about returning to work, so I asked her about that, as well.

So it was a pretty uneventful visit, really. I'm anxious to get the answers to my email.

But for now, it seems all is well.
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:52 AM

Hi ladies
I t is sunny here but chilly... and I just got home from my massage, which was sooo relaxing. I was able to lay on my tummy, with my hands tucked under the hip bones to raise up and take the pressure off.
My body feels so much better, sort of "unwound".
I am still freezing cold all the time- I had hoped the massage would help my circulation and maybe reduce the swelling in my belly.... she also said I should ice my left forearm which is swollen since the surgery (why??)

I have to go listen some Constitutional Law tapes now...yawn..... and I have a lecture to attend on that tonight. BORING!
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
Hi ladies
I t is sunny here but chilly... and I just got home from my massage, which was sooo relaxing. I was able to lay on my tummy, with my hands tucked under the hip bones to raise up and take the pressure off.
My body feels so much better, sort of "unwound".
I am still freezing cold all the time- I had hoped the massage would help my circulation and maybe reduce the swelling in my belly.... she also said I should ice my left forearm which is swollen since the surgery (why??)

I have to go listen some Constitutional Law tapes now...yawn..... and I have a lecture to attend on that tonight. BORING!
I'm glad you went for the massage! You deserve it.

Wish I could say "have fun" with your lecture but I guess I'll just say I hope you tolerate it well!
Unread 04-14-2008, 10:10 AM

That was really strange, I just put up a post and got an error message and then bam it was gone. strange......

I wanted to say yeah for Denise it is always nice to get some good dr. visits in once in awhile, god knows you deserve some. I think it is great that you can email your dr. with questions, etc. I wish I could, I just have to write them down and hope that I remember to bring the list with me to my next visit.
Unread 04-14-2008, 10:11 AM
still recovering and will be for a while!

Hey everyone!

Denise - don't worry about being the only one. There will be a few of us on here that will stay till they kick us off! Then we'll just move to another stream. They'll call it post-post op!

It sounds like some of you have partners that need a good kick in the butt. What is with them? Is there some kind of booklet we can write for stupid men about this subject? "How not to look to stupid to the woman you supposedly love" would be good title.

I must have lucked right out with my dh. He drives me nuts sometimes but where this is concerned, he just flops on the bed and tells me that he is getting tired and can't wait till I'm better - he says it feels lonely with me kinda out of it and he feels alone with the boys. Now, it took 26 years to get him to share his feelings with me so don't think he's always been like that.

Anyway, I go today to the dr and am loaded with info on bio identical hormones. Gonna ask for a saliva test - that's the best way to test. If she can't do the test there is an endocrinologist that she can send me to or my other option is a naturopathic dr who can do it. That I have to pay for - big bucks.

Woman to Woman has some info on bio iden hormones if anyone is interested.

Take care and for those going back to work - take it easy and STOP when it hurts and go back home. Your health is way more important. I'll be for you.

btw, I walked even farther yesterday with my dd2 and felt reallly good about my progress. It's a far cry from touring the vatican in 10 days!!!!

Yikes! 10 days till my trip to Italy and I'm still only going around the block!!!! OMG!

cya
kathie
Unread 04-14-2008, 10:18 AM

Hi, I don't post here often and hope everyone is doing well. I'm glad to hear tuna cat went for a massage..someone gave me a gift cert. but since I don't sleep completely on stomach yet am holding off.
I go to Dr. tomorrow for internal and am hoping to get sex o.k..I did do a new post asking if anyone has gotten o.k at 5wk. Hoping I do, hormones are out of whack still.
take care all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register