Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 67 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 02-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Yes we all heal differently and we must remember we had major surgery and it just takes time for all the many internal stitches and things to heal so just listen to your body. I like to walk and do Tae Bo and I can now do 200 crunches with my legs up on the couch. I am doing good. I was always an exercise person before I had surgery so it's not something that I just started doing. Anyway, I wish everyone well and good thoughts as well. Before we know it we will be 1 year down the road and still coming to this site giving moral support to others who are having to endure what we have. Women go through a lot, thank God that we can handle it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2008, 11:41 AM

Hi Gals,

I can't believe it's almost 6 months too. I'm doing so much better then before. Having low doses of 3 hormones has been very helpful and I'm feeling a lot more like myself. It was tough to find the right dosage at first and had to tweak a lot but at the moment it's been good. I also found that soy shakes really help with hot flashes. I'm on a low dose of estrogen and didn't want to increase so I tried the shakes and it really helped. I'm going to the gym 2 times a week to a class that lifts weights hopfully my bones won't become brittle. I hope to start swimming again too. It does take time but hopefully we will all get there in the end. I hope everyone is doing well. It was good to hear how some of you are doing. Blessings, Kathy
Unread 02-27-2008, 02:48 PM

Hey Sisters!

I have thought of each of you often! I can't believe we are almost at the 6 month mark! I have had a few bumps in the road with hormones but I am getting there. I am physically doing well and feeling more like my normal self. I am trying to get the 15 pounds off that piled on me after my surgery. I am working out 3 times a week on my eliptical and bowflex. Hopefully those pounds will come off soon. I think it will help when I get my hormones balanced. I found a great gyn who is working with me and I love her. I still have numbness near my incision. I also have some tenderness in my pelvic area. Will that ever go away?

Ya'll keep in touch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 08:04 AM

Hi everyone - good to hear how you are all doing.
I too cannot believe it is 6 months ago we were all daily posting our healing triumphs
I have been back at work since Dec '07 doing good! Just very careful about lifting anything really heavy - occasionally I feel a little twinge, but otherwise healing great. Not on HRT - no hot flashes - only had warm glows after op up until end Jan then nothing. Very occasionally feel a tummy numbness if I have overdone it, but it wears off quickly.
Wishing you all the very best with your recoveries.
As they say "A healthy lifestyle leads to a healthy life".
God Bless
Beverley 49 x
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:14 AM

Are any of my 6 month sisters having cramping? I am wondering if it is due to the 6 months stitches... I have had it since yesterday.
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:46 PM

Hi CaJen,
I have not had any cramping, but I have had tenderness in my lower abdomen. I went to physical therapy which seemed to help for a while (she found a HOT spot which hurt!) and had me do home exercises. But then I caught bronchitis which I coughed my head off which aggravated my lower abdomen pain. She taught me how to use my fingers to just push (gently) and stretch the skin right above the incision and hold for a few seconds. I'm no doctor, so I'm hoping what you are experiencing is just temporary. If it keeps it up, maybe it's time for another trip to your surgeon. I was told that may have adhesions, but not confirmed. I thought also I had a bladder problem (since they move the bladder aside during surgery), etc. We are all in the dark. If you have good insurance, go to the doc and get examined again.

Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better....
Linda
Unread 09-09-2008, 09:14 PM

Happy one year anniversary to my Hyst Sisters!! How is everyone doing?
Unread 09-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Hi there!

Thanks very much for remembering our anniversary date! That so nice of you. Let's see. Well, since I am not in a relationship, it's hard to tell about my libido, but I think it's somewhat healthy since I have certain urges. I take Estradoil which is a bioidential estrogen hormone and it ceratinly keeps my hot flashes away! I still have some numbness, but minimal around my incisiion but it doesn't bother me anymore. I can do almost anything physically now than before preop. I want to know more about others too, so please post!

Hugs,
Linda
Unread 09-10-2008, 06:14 AM

Happy hysterversary to you as well!

Things are fine here! Once the infection was cleared up, everything went smoothly. I must say that I don't miss my uterus one bit! Still have one ovary, so I don't have to deal with menopause stuff yet. I can tell when it's "that time" though since my face still breaks out and I do get a tiny bit of discomfort in my low abdomen.

Now, if there was only a way to surgically remove autoimmune problems................haha!

Thanks!
Unread 09-10-2008, 07:27 AM

I am doing well. I am physically 100% back to where I was pre-surgery. I have made good changes to my diet and exercise regularly to get back to where I was a year ago. I just made it back down to my pre-surgery weight! Woo hoo! I thought I would never do that. I am still making my way through hormone jungle. For some reason, I get pelvic pain (I thought I was done with that!) when I take any higher than a moderate to low dose of estrogen. At the moment I am on Femring but I do feel some pain in there. It is very frustrating! My Dr wants me to totally switch to Divigel, which I was on for a bit, but I haven't given up on Femring as of yet! LOL I love the way I feel on it, except for that nagging slight pelvic pain(I am not sure if it is bladder or endo related). My Dr has me on a good hormone regime, that includes progesterone and DHEA, that seems to be working for other areas like libido and sleep. (They are probably helping with the weight also.) It has been a rough year hormonally speaking, but I made it through and have learned a lot. It will be nice to finally be able to settle on the estradiol delivery that works for me. Hormone jungle is NO FUN!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register