Surgery cancelled for Mar 29...ugh | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery cancelled for Mar 29...ugh Surgery cancelled for Mar 29...ugh

Unread 03-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Surgery cancelled for Mar 29...ugh

Just got the phone call i was dreading!!! I was all prepared for surgery in 2 days, having a TAH. Had help coming and everything was set. Now they cancelled it on me and i have to push everything 1 week. Do they not understand how much 1 week changes things for the average person...ugh! My help can not make it for the week of the 5 as she is going out of town on the 8th. I'm going to miss my youngest sons first Easter hunt. I'm on such a roller coaster. Had myself all mentally prepared for this and now i have to start all over again. My anxiety level just rose about 20 notches! Looks like the bottle of wine i was saving is going down tonight!I just want this to be over with!!! I have to re-plan everything out...especially what i'm going to do for help with the kids! I would hate for my husband to take a week out of next yrs holidays for this! He said he would do it but that really sucks for him. We had plans for those holidays. This flipping incubator of mine is causing problems in all sorts of ways in my life! lol I cringed at the thought of it being cancelled yet again next week. Fingers crossed for me please!! I just need to breath!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Re: Surgery cancelled for Mar 29...ugh

Oh gosh, how frustrating! Did they give you a reason? Not that it matters, just curious.
I am so sorry ...it sounds like this is really going to throw your schedule off! I hope it all works out for you. Hang in there
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:10 AM

I had mine originally scheduled for yesterday. MIL flew in to help with the munchkins, did the bowel prep the day before, got checked in and everything. After 7 hours in the holding pattern, the surgeon came in and told me it was cancelled. They rescheduled it for this Friday. MIL flew home today and will come back in on Thurs. I just found out my grandmother is terminally ill. I am flying back "home" today and will be back here on Thurs--just in time to do bowel prep again and have the surgery on Friday. Oy. Ready for this all to be done with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 12:52 PM

i was all set to have my hysterectomy on the 1st of march 2012 when they called me an hour before to say it was cancelled due to a lack of beds i was in a state of shock because you do mentally prepare yourself for it not forgeting arranging time off work for me and my partner but it all turned out well in the end when i had my surgery done 5 days later in a private hospital .
Unread 03-27-2012, 12:55 PM

Oh man! That is awful! I am so sorry you are dealing with this on top of everything else Not fair. Not fair AT ALL!

Hope this time it works out for you. Sending you only the most positive thoughts.
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:46 PM

Not to steal your thunder...but mine was rescheduled 5 times...started in January and here I am 3 days out with all body parts crossed. I mean, what are the odds? I feel like the boy who cried wolf...My pain is epic so I will hit the ER if they dare not go through with it 3/30 at 7:30 AM...Good luck to you! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family that things go smoothly...special prayers for your GM too.
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:54 PM

Thank you sooo much for the replies and positive thoughts! The Dr's office called this afternoon, it was the hospital who cancelled this morning. Apparently i will be penciled in on Apr 5th...there is a high chance of it changing with short notice again the week of. It really sucks cause if i don't get this done this month, i will have to wait until july...Dr's on holidays for 2 months! Now that's fair!!!! lol The reason the hospital cancelled is due to bed shortage....it's a brand new hospital...how does bed shortage happen!!?? Anyway, thank you all for hearing me vent and i will keep you posted on when i do go in. So stressful this is! Can't wait to be free from it all.
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:57 PM

Oh my god Little Star.....i would be honkerblonked! Do you have kids as well? The hospital told me that i was flagged as being cancelled and they try not to re-cancel those who have been waiting! Lol...we'll see next week! Wish you all the best to all of you and your family's! HUGS
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM

Yes Angie...5 of them! I was actually inpatient writhing in pain the first time in January. Was told to go home on Monday and come back on Thursday. I was livid...how could I put my family through that? Then it was a week to week thing. Had PAT, consult and was all set for Feb 1 with a new Dr and was cancelled late on the 31st of January. Once it was insurance related, next it was a scheduling conflict, then another surgeon was needed to assist due to possible complications so that took forever to coordinate both Dr.'s schedules add to that both Dr.'s vacations...one for 2 weeks and the other for 1...I am not joking! It was mind boggling!! Quite a rollercoaster ride and not in a fun/thrilling way. Tons of complications but no matter what I will not mess with this date...not going to the ER...just toughing it out. I defy the Gods to mess with me!! Finally got a script for Ambien yesterday....the angels sang! Haven't slept like that in a solid year! This will be my 4th and hopefully FINAL surgery this year. I have been at this mess since last March...and that was just because I found out that 14 day periods were NOT normal! Who knew? Good Luck Angie....things like this only happen to me so you'll be fine!!
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:30 PM

Oh my goodness Ladies...this makes my anxiety shoot through the roof!! I'm suppose to have mine in the morning...so sorry for all you have gone through..and praying mine is not cancelled. Like you all said...it takes MAJOR planning and preparations to get all the things that you need to ready...here is hoping and praying for all of us that we don't get bumped!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register