Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 02-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi Ladies,
I had a TAH with a vertical incision due to the size of uterus and fibroids on Feb 12. I had my staples out yesterday afternoon (dr. had an emergency so I was there for over 4 hours). Anyway, a few of the staples really hurt coming out and I am more uncomfortable now than I have been since the first few days after surgery. Don't get me wrong, I have had a great recovery, discomfort but no real pain. I was just wondering if any of you found yourselves more sensitive after staples were removed? My DH keeps telling me to take it easy and slow down but it does get boring!
Hoping we all have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2007, 06:00 AM

I still feel tired from driving and doing a few errands, yesterday.So today my mom will take me out for awhile.I went to my son's hockey game last night and came home took pain meds and went to bed.I still have pain,and going to the bathroom is very difficult.My hardest hurdle is the recovery time, just sitting waiting, having others do things for me
Unread 02-22-2007, 07:28 AM

Walking you dog twice a day sounds like a lot. I had my TAH the day before you and can't imagine doing that. Maybe you need to check with your doctor. Welcome to the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2007, 08:31 AM

I think walking the dog might be an issue. Yesterday I finally couldn't take the dirt and stains on the floor--my husband does everything he can to clean but doesn't seem to see the dirt on the floor. I used a swiffer thinking since it was light I would be okay and then used a wet wipe on it to get up the drops of sticky whatever off the hardwood floor. I didn't think it was a big deal but spent the rest of the night feeling terrible. Basically, if I stand or sit for too long then these swollen areas above my incision become more swollen which then increases my pain. (I had a lot of scaring and adhesions with uterus and ovary stuck on the right side) Luckily when I lay down the swelling goes down.
Unread 02-22-2007, 11:39 AM

I just got home from an outing with my Mom. I am now back in bed for the rest of the day.This is really hard. I had to go to the bathroom and wouldn't use a public restroom, because I am too vocal (loud), when I go(still painful).So I came home instead.I did buy baby wipes to refresh when I am in the bathroom, especially on my incision to keep it clean.
Unread 02-22-2007, 12:02 PM

Everyone does recover at their own pace- but i want to remind all you ladies to be sure to watch out for your pain. What I mean by that is- please, if your pain has not let up or gets worse, PLEASE call your doctor. I felt horrible this past week, never having had surgery before and also being in a percocet induced fog- I thought it was jsut recovery at first. Turns out I had an infection of the vaginal cuff. and by the way- this wasn't discovered until I called them back complaining some more. there was no test done at the office, or anything.They prescribed antibiotics over the phone and two days later, I honestly feel like a new woman, a human being!!
As my nurse said to me when I told her I didn't want to be a problem patient complaing all the time, and I am paraphrasing, "There is no problem patient. We've seen and heard it all! You just had surgery and you're in pain. Let us see you and worst case senario, nothing is wrong and you now have peace of mind."
So call your doctors if your pain isn't how you think it ought to be!!! Can't hurt....
Unread 02-22-2007, 12:10 PM

i have the same issue with dirt on floors, swelling above the incision and it goes down when i rest. Drives me crazy,so i lay down a lot.just had to wipe up the bathroom floor after boys went in. as far as your dirty floors, just pretend you don't see it. any visiting friends or family will not care- really
Unread 02-22-2007, 12:30 PM

on the couch
Thanks for posting. My mother came over today to help with my daughter who has been home sick for the last 3 days. (she's 4.5) She had gotten washable fingernail polish on the floor. My mom (72 with bad knee) was leaving when we noticed and she said I should let my husband get it later. I said that I would. She must have seen the look in my eye because she went and got a wash cloth and eased herself on the floor and cleaned it up. I felt like a dog. Of course, if she had left, there would have been no way I could have left it alone. Maybe I should start meditating when things irritate me
Unread 02-22-2007, 12:58 PM

wine does the trick too- how are you feeling physically- i feel good as long as i don't do much- can-t wait to drive and shop
Unread 02-22-2007, 01:40 PM

I feel pretty good as long as I don't do anything. My sister has given me a bottle of wine but I hesitate to use any of it because of Tylenol and Motrin use right now. I told my husband he can't touch it until I'm off the medicine. Also, I can't wait to go to Barnes and Noble for a Cafe Mocha.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register