Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 08-25-2007, 11:19 AM
beenhome almost 24 hours

I had my LSH on thurs the 23rd. took just under 90minutes. everything went well according to my Dr. She found some cysts on my ovaries that were removed as well as finding that my uterus was bigger/boggier than when she first saw it. Plus my uterus had adhered to my small intestines.
Came out of recover pretty good. Was pretty energized even whiled drugged up. I seemed to be very entertaining to the nursing staff. Walked later that afternoon, did pretty good but got over heated and had to be wheeled back to my room. Had m cathader (sp) removed next morning. and walked to go to bathroom. after that was ready to get out of dodge. went to bathroom unassisted a couple of times, and walked around the halls without assistance. Was able to go home earlier than planned. Every one was very please as well as surprised at how well I did. especially me.
I am still on pain meds, but am feeling pretty good. Pampering the Queen . DH is wonderful, as well as the rest of the support system. It's all about your attitude. go in with a good attitude , you'll heal faster
Blessings and healing to all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

I am on day 4 of my recovery from my LSH. I am in bed today. I was feeling so good yesterday that I think I walked a little bit too much and also bent down a few times to pick up things from the floor. so I am very sore and have some cramping today. I think my body is just trying to tell me to take it easy so I am listening. I am taking my pain meds at scheduled and letting DH and both my sons do everything for me. I got a lecture from DH who told me I was walking too much and shouldn't be bending down to pick up anything and I was being stubborn and brushed him off. Now I am paying for it! I am feeling better this afternoon than I felt this morning. Finally had a BM. Thank GOD that didnt hurt. I was fearing the worst but I had been taking stool softeners for several days so i am sure that helped a lot. I will keep you all posted on my progress!
Unread 08-25-2007, 01:50 PM

I have survived. And am home...

Bowel moving ok, so is urine. I will add though, that despite knowing how badly I react to opiate based painkillers, (I become violent, go out of control, have physical symptoms.) I do not recomend going hard-core without them, unless you have tollerance for pain that would drive some people insane. It was only the knowledge that the alternative would be worse, and the fact that they make me vomit, was stopping me, but for a little while, I did not want to live anymore.

As it was, I did receive some opiates, and promptly threw up...then started screaming out of control and lashing out, so I guess they thought hmm, maybe she is serious...

Right now, I am listening to Ray Charles...and hoping that in two weeks, when the diagnosis of something located in my abdomen comes in, it is just a birth mark, and not endometriosis, or somethign more sinister.

well wishes to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 04:56 PM

Hi all! So glad everyone is doing so well. Everyone with their own experiences - some similar, some not.

I had my TVH on Wednesday here in the town I live, two days after my mom had her TAH/ovaries&tubes on Monday and hour and a half away. Busy week for my family - emotional too! Mom's was for uterine cancer and they think they got everything - it was stage 1 - thank the Lord!

I feel like an idiot from how I acted in the recovery room - only half remember it! The only thing I remember is hollering my back hurt so bad, my belly and I had to PEE!!! I was catherized, but still felt like I had to go. I was so out of it - I didn't know how I was acting. How embarrassing! My pastor even stopped and prayed and left quickly. The morphine made me sooooo nauseous (did same for my mom). They had me on so many different meds, I can't remember them.

I came home next day and felt sooo much better that day. Now my belly is getting sorer, and even burns after walking sometimes. Is this normal? Feel like I'm being a baby and should be doing more. I'm so used to taking care of the kids and house.....

Mom is doing okay - they have her using a cane to steady herself. I've told her about hsytersisters.com and things I've learned on here. You folks are great!
Unread 08-25-2007, 05:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

I had my surgery on Wednesday, Aug. 22. I came home yesterday. My doctor planned to do a TVH, but ended up having to do a TAH. Surgery started at 7:30 am, and was supposed to end around 9:30. It didn't end until about 11:30. I guess they tried to do the TVH, but my uterus would not descend as expected. My doctor told me that instead of increasing risk to me, they went ahead and did a TAH. She said it was a good thing they did it abdominally, because my overies were attached to the back of my uterus.

I am very glad I chose to have the epidural. They did give me "happy juice" before surgery too- to make me sleep. I woke up a couple of times during surgery, but could not feel a thing because of the epidural. I think I kind of freaked out the doctors, because I started asking them questions about if they were almost done, and asked how everything was going. After that, I fell back asleep. I woke up again right at the end of surgery- before they even put me back on the stretcher to move me to recovery. I was asking them what time it was. It was then that they told me they had to do a TAH. My overies were in great shape, and I was able to keep them.

I am sore, and move around like a granny right now, but am getting more and more comfortable as time goes on.

I go to my doctors office to have my staples removed Monday. they almost kept me in the hospital until today so they could remove the staples, but I promised I would go in Monday. It sure does feel great to be home!

My DH didn't buy me flowers (I'm not really a flower type of person). Instead, he had the windows in my car tinted, and had my car detailed for me!

I hope everyone is having a good recovery!

Take care,
Carol
Unread 08-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Post-op Day 4

Hi,
I am relaxing in bed with the laptop--can't believe I had my LSH only 4 days ago! I am doing fantastic and am so glad I was a candidate for this procedure.

I went to work with my husband for about 3 1/2 hours today. He's a high school teacher and was assigned a new room this year, so I was glad to see it. He worked on last minute things, while I did lots of collating and stapling of handouts. I was surprised how tired I became, but it felt wonderful to be out and useful!

We did 2 loads of laundry and made a dinner of chicken kabobs on the grill. My DH has been such a help! He admitted to me that he had tears in his eyes as they rolled me to surgery on Tuesday...awhhhh!

Even with all the activity, I feel just wonderful! I still have minimal pain. Just waiting for that first BM (stool softeners twice a day), but am passing lots of gas...lol.

I get so excited when I visit HysterSisters and catch up on everyone's latest updates. Keep up the good work (and all the resting too).

Blessings,
Karen
Unread 08-26-2007, 04:20 AM

hi, been home since friday and today had first not loose bm and it didnt hurt yeah. Its funny how much little things like this come to mean to you after surgery but it's such a relief to have that out of way, now every thing is working ok, still have swelly belly but it is going down some in the daytime, nights are the worst. My mom goes home today so will be on own, but groceries are stocked and so are necessities and will be ok ( have a friend that will come by if I need her). acctually slept on back part of time last night for the first time in years, so I am so happy made the choice to have surgery. well thought I would ck in, hope my other sisters that shared same day are doing well too. cherlyq63
Unread 08-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Home!

I am home after my TVH on the 24th. My surgery was quick, although delayed by one hour. I cried before I went in, and my nice doctor held my hand until I went under, which I shall never forget! I had no difficulties in the hospital, other than my roommate, who allowed me NO sleep, even with my meds. Am now home and I have gained 15 pounds of swellly belly, I am very disappointed and dismayed! I am very sore, and my left arm is swollen, red, and hot. I will watch for infection. I have numerous bruises up and down my arms, some from taking blood and other bad bruises from lifting. I am sure they will go away soon. I am off to bed again, will update more in a few days. Thanks for the support!
Unread 08-26-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm back

I had a TAH on Thursday morning here in Ireland.Came home today as am doing well so far and my wound looks like it's healing okay.I only have beads not staples so have to have them removed on Tuesday morning.Have felt well since op and have just rested on the recliner all day at home.Have been given ponstan forte and solpadene for pain.Have minimal discharge.How' s everyone else doing?
Unread 08-26-2007, 01:45 PM

Hello Ladies,
First of all I want to say how proud I am to have such wonderful women to call my sisters. You all have inspired me to be strong during this recovery time.
My surgery didn't go so well, I had an abdominal hyst. on the 22nd, (I still can't remember what the initials are!!) and when the drs. got in there they found out that my bladder was attached to my uterus and had to call a urologist. I have a suprapubic cathiter that has to stay in for 3 weeks. I woke up to really bad pain and was able to have the wonderful push button. We found out on the 24th that I had lots of pre-cancerous cells that were not found on any of my paps. My dr. was so glad we did the hyst. I have had a lot of gas, but no bm. But other than that, I am recovering quite nicely. I will pray for all of you to have a wonderful recovery too!!
April

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register