Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 11-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpkdcb
Hey Ladies,
I had my TVH on Nov 15th doing pretty well except for being stir crazy. I am going to try to do 1/2 percocets today and see if I can tolerate the pain. I am still having problems with constipation and gas though after taking m.o.m. I have had some depression but I think that is because I am not use to being still without being able to clean or something. I am sure that I have overdone it a time or two but am trying to be careful. I miss picking up my Grandaughter who is 14 mos and she doesn't understand at all. I know things will be better on the flip side so I will pray and continue on the road to recovery. While in surgery they found endometriosis and a paratubal cyst on left tube with blue black lesion in uterus and tube. I am not sure what this means but I guess I will know more once pathology report comes back. I had a terrible nurse the night of my surgery and had to make a complaint. My morphine pump was not working and she told me that I had used my max amount and couldn't have any more for an hour. I knew that didn't sound right because it was set to be used every six minutes and if the light didn't come on I couldn't use it. Come to find out my IV had coagulated and needed to be flushed or reinserted. I laid there from 2 am to 7am with no pain med in tears. My poor husband didn't know either so we thought I just had to endure. She was a traveling nurse and I guess just didn't want to be fooled with me, anyway she was dealt with and contract not renewed. I recieved many apologies from staff and hospital. I told them that I was fine now but would hate to think some elderly patient laid there hurting because nurse to lazy to do her job. Oh well, I survived and am doing better today. Good Luck to everyone's recovery, my prayers are with you.......
I too had a traveling nurse who really messed up on everything with me and I complained to her charge nurse, then to my doctor and then to the hospital ambassador. This traveling nurse even came back in my room and confronted me on how dare I complain about her, before it was over with she was apologizing because I wasn't backing down after all she did neglect me and hurt me. I survived too thank goodness and am home now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 07:59 PM

Headache was much better this morning although it was there a tiny bit. I have gone 24 hours without my Vivelle Dot but put it back on tonight so we'll see if I am dying from a migraine tomorrow and then I will have to make a decision on what to do about estrogen replacement. My rear end is hurting more today at times and probably hurting the most since my surgery on Thursday. I slept a lot today after my rear got to hurting a lot. I guess it was hurting more because today is the first day I have sat up in a chair (with a donut pillow) for about 2 hours. Steristrips are still securely on abdominal incision and right side of incision still burns badly if I get up wrong. Hope all of you are well.
Unread 11-20-2007, 09:33 PM

Been having a lot of pain on my left side of the incision. That's where my doctor told me most of the fibroids and scar tissue was so i've been in a lot of pain. It's still hard for me to get out of bed or sit up due to all the pain. Taking my pain meds but they don't seem to be working that much. Having a lot of gas pains so i really haven't tried eating normal foods yet, still got myself on a liquid diet. Walked outside to the end of the my driveway and back in the house just to get some fresh air, because i'm going crazy sitting ing in this house. My granny came down to Austin from St Louis to take care of me and is a peach. She waits on my every need, (she also fuss at me when i'm doing to much:-) ). My daughter is here from college which helps out my granny a lot with running errands for me. Go see my doctor next tuesday 11/27 so hopeful some of this pain will have disappeared. My doctor started me on the patch right after surgery, gotten a few mild hot flashes, so me and my granny just laugh them off. I hope all of you are doing well.

Kimberly-42 yr., TAH/BSO 11/14 took everything.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 09:57 PM

Hi everyone
Had my TAH done last Wednesday (15th) he also removed my tubes but kept my ovaries .... woke up in minimal pain, was off the morphine pump the next morning, showered and went for a walk ... oh and I have to add Im mighty impressed with my scar! its smaller than a C-Section scar!!.
The only problems I am having now is Mouth Ulcers!! apparently the anasthetic can cause them(?) and not being able to rest!, I have been out shopping (xmas) and have also been food shopping, my doctor has told me off and told me to take it easy but I cant for the life of me sit still!!, how do people do this!?

Anyway sisters hope everyone else is doing just as good

xxx
Unread 11-20-2007, 11:26 PM

I cant sit still either and Im paying for it now. I keep trying to get off the pain meds and I just get worse. But once the pain is under controll I want to do things like clean, cook, WALK FOR GODS SAKE!!!!! lllooolll I have five boys and sitting still is close to impossible. TPKDCB, I also have bad constipation and even worse bloating. Last night I finally "went". WOW!!!!! I thought my guts were going to fall right out of there,lol. My trick was a full dose of milk of magnesia chased with a strong cup of regular coffee. AND, I waited.........And waited! About three hours later it finally happened. Wanna hear something funny?..... I lost 10.5lbs in about15 minutes,LLLOOOLLL. For real. Now I sit here at 1am and I am battling yet another urge to go. OMG am I scared. TPKDCB, Im really sorry to hear about your bad hospital stay. I feel like Im the only one who had absolutly wonderful nurses... I almost feel guilty for being treated so nicely after reading some peoples input about their hospital stays.. My nurses were there for me at every fear and concern. Im so very sorry for everyone who had a bad stay... I am healing well except for some bleeding that I think was from my cath being ripped out and Im praying that this is normal. Anyone have that experience?
Unread 11-21-2007, 01:14 AM

I had my TLH on Monday. Everything went well, I had a little trouble beginning to urinate, had to have a catheter reinserted, but it came out today and everything's working now. I'm sore and tired but it went much better than I expected. So far my experience has been a good one. Nurses were great and I'm feeling better than I expected to. Thanks to everyone for the support leading up to this. I hope everyone else is doing as well.
Unread 11-21-2007, 05:53 AM

light bleeding or discharge is totally normal but if it's red, it's your body yelling that you've overdone it. I'm a single mom of three and know how hard it is to sit still, but take is slow and listen to your body. If it's screaming "too much", slow down or your risk for complications increase, better to take the time to heal right once!
Unread 11-21-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm Home

I had my TVH done at 3:00 p.m. on Monday afternoon. Instead of having general anesthesia, I opted for a spinal with sedation. My surgeon put morphine in the spinal so that when I woke up, I would not be in any pain. That worked for the first 24 hours but after that, the pain got pretty bad. I took perocet and motrin every four hours on Tuesday. I feel a little better today but still having quite a bit of pain off and on. As everyone else has stated, the gas in the worse part!!! I have tried everything known to man, including Gas-X strips and nothing has worked very well. When I was searching this website, I always looked for someone to describe the kind of pain you feel. I can best describe it as very bad cramps or gas pains that just won't go away. I can't wait to start feeling normal again. Hope the rest of my November 19th sisters are doing well!!
Unread 11-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Laughing leads to crying!!

Hello All,

Feeling pretty good today (day 6). Had a bit of nausea this morning which I have not had since the surgery. Thinking it may be because I shook things up a bit last night. A bit of advice--If you can be prepared for a jag of uncontrollable laughter--be in an upright position with a pillow tucked snuggly over your incision!! I happened to be lying on my back when my fiance decided to make me laugh uncontrollably--needless to say--the laughter ended with tears because of the pain--it's so not fair!!!

I'm going to try no pain meds today. Read somewhere that percocet may cause constipation. I don't need additional aggravation in that area--I'm still very uncomfortable having a BM--what a struggle!!

I feel like I have more energy this morning than I've had since the surgery--may venture to the store with Mom today. I think I will feel much better if I actually fix my hair & put a little make-up on.

You ladies have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Don't overdo it--let others take cater to you this year!!
Unread 11-21-2007, 09:18 AM

Hope everyone is doing well. It has been a week since surgery. Had my second BM today and it was very painful but worth it. I was beginning to have backpain. I have decided to not take any pain meds today unless I become to uncomfortable and may take one. The pain is not as bad as yesterday. I was able to shave my legs in the shower today. Overall, I feel really good right now. The DH is at work and the kids are out of school but they wanted to go to daycare so I have the house to myself and it is really hard not to clean and do laundry. I liked the earlier comment about hiring someone. I wish I would have thought of that. Hope everyone will take it easy and have a nice turkey day on tomorrow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register