Old Pro... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Old Pro...

Hey again ladies...I have a question for those who are recovering from recent surgeries or those who can relate to what I am going through. I will try to keep this short!!
I had my ORS surgery almost 6 wks ago, seem to be doing well since last week, then this weekend, I started having leg(upper thigh) and back(lower)pains!! I just don't understand this, I haven't been overdoing it or anything, I just today started driving long distances(10 miles) to the grocer. Has anyone had this reaction before, I can't figure out what it is, I can't sleep at night because of the aches in these areas.
I thought I have become an old pro at what to expect during recovery concerning all of the effects, but I have to say I never remember feeling like this before.
could this be estrogen related?
pain pill related?
posture? HELP!!

Thanks for listening!!
Mel :hair:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Old Pro...

Hi Meldie,
Sorry you are hurting! I guess your back pain could be anything. Maybe you are just aching from not doing as much physical activity during your post op period? Or maybe you are walking differently causing those areas to hurt? I have no real answers, but I hope you feel better soon!
Sherry
Unread 11-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Old Pro...

Hi Mel!

I'm so sorry you are starting to have problems - here we were all hoping that it was going to be smooth sailing with this one for you.

If you are having NEW Pain that is interferring with your life in any way - it's important that you give your docs office a call. It may be "nothing" - but that's something they need to decide. Especially post-op.

As I continue to have surgeries - I notice that I react differently to each one - and have healed differently from each one. So even though we are old pro's at this - we shouldn't be so quick to assume that every recovery is going to be just like the last. It's frustrating - I know. But make that call. See what they think.

Take care

s
Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2005, 07:10 AM
Old Pro...

Thanks for your support, it really helps especially when things seem to take a turn...I hope one day to make it off this road and be here to support others in their time of need just like everyone has done for me!!

I called my MD yesterday, I have an appt. Mon. morning, so what they told me was to take Motrin for my aches and see how I do until then, if I don't think I can stand it I will most certainly call them back. I know that many of us have been in my shoes many times! Thanks once again!!

Mel
Unread 11-11-2005, 03:41 AM
Old Pro...

Mel,
Gawd, I'm sorry to hear your feeling like your takeing steps "backwards" at this point!!I'm very glad you are seeing your Doc Monday, I think that warented at this point!! I'm hopeing it's nothing...just the mystery of our rather complicated recovery periods!!
You know sometimes I feel like were all in this boxing match....all this bobbing and weaving just to protect ourselves in the recovery period!!
I feel like I've been run over by a freight train this time...and I'm being dragged by the caboose!! I took my pain meds last night just before bed...hopeing for a peaceful night sleep...it's amazeing what you feel everytime you move!! I'm headed to my GP today for sure!! And as I said I'm glad you are too on Monday!
WE WILL GET OFF THIS DANG ROAD GIRL!! WE HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT!!
Do let us know how you make out Monday....I'll be checking in on you!! Lord knows I'll be home for awhile!!
Take care sweetie!!.....Netty
Unread 11-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Old Pro...

Thank you Nettie!!
Boy, I sure hope all is over for both of us very soon! I feel exactly the same way! Let me off this road!!! I will keep you updated on what happens on Mon.
Thanks for being my friend!!

Mel
Unread 11-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Old Pro...

Hi Mel
So sorry to hear you are suffering
It sounds to me that it could be from the driving, is it lower back? Maybe you should leave the driving for a bit longer, could be your body's way of telling you just that. It's always best to see a doc about it though, we never really know what's going on in there! (Wish I could see!)
I got my stitches removed yesterday! (by nurse at asthma clinic - I tell ya!) My tummy is still swollen, I have this new "shelf"! I hope it's not there for good, people may start leaving thier keys, coffee mugs etc there! lol!
Try and take it easy a bit Mel, and rest up the weekend, see if that helps
take good care
s
Sue
x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register