Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 08-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. If you have a question about your own recovery, do not ask it here. Start a new thread!
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at 8 weeks post-op to the HysterSisters Clubhouse forum where you can continue your friendships.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Well I am 2 days post-op and today has been a rough one. I have been having muscle spasms in my back and tummy today my dr says if they get too bad to go to the er. Other than that I actully feel pretty good tired but good. I had a TLH with right overay removed on the 13th home the 14th. Hopefully I get sopme sleep tonite providing the spasms quit.
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:07 AM
3 Days Post OP

Three days down. I'm out of the hosptial as of yesterday afternoon. My 3 hour surgery turned into 5. Evidently having a uterus shaped like a ball is a harder thing to remove. So is a calcified fibriod. Still on pain medication about 3 times a day. I can go up the stairs to sleep in my own bed. I can't cough yet without feeling like I'm going to bust a gut. All in all...not too bad.

Happy to be home! Taking it easy and slow!

Sunni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Monday to Thursday

I had a TLH Monday morning and came home Tuesday around 11 am. I am surprised at how well I am doing, it makes it hard not to over-do. The most uncomfortable part so far has been the gas and aching back. It has helped to walk around the house frequently. I'm also taking a stool softener, Gas-X, and drinking a cup of prune juice each morning. There's not much info out there about TLH recovery and how much quicker it is. I haven't had the typical 'no driving for 6 weeks' speech. I am currently off work for 20 days but can take more if I need it.
Unread 08-16-2007, 10:14 AM
first day post op.

Hey all!!! Took my camera and she agreed to have her facilitator take some pics! They are awesome! The nurses like them, too. They held them up with hemostats by the fallopian tubes and you can see it all! The ovaries, the cysts, the uterus. It almost doesn't look real. One nurse suggested I use it as a screen saver!! Think I'll pass on that one. Speaking of passing...they won't let me eat until I pass gas! And burping doesn't count! I am feeling so much better than I thought I would. A friend brought me s stuffed dog and it is truly comforting to hug when they are drawing blood or I am feeling icky. I have not talked to the Dr. yet today but my sister says I had endometriosis, endomycardis(?), as well as my cysts. I think the doc was surprised by the amount of other things I had. BUT...this has been easier than my c-sections or tummy tuck, so far. I will let you know in a couple of days how well it is going. Good luck to all who still are waiting. ouch!
Unread 08-16-2007, 12:36 PM

I am so glad to hear everyone is doing good so far. I still have some slight pain but it is muscle pain and a heating pad has replaced my dh for bed. He is hoping it is not for good. I am still taking some pain meds and my first bm was earlier today so I am on a good road right now.
Unread 08-16-2007, 01:59 PM
3 days post op

I had a TAH/BSO/Appendectomy on Monday 8/13. Cath was removed Tuesday morning and I began walking.

I was supposed to go home on Wednesday but complications developed. I went into CHF so with the lasix, I lost 9 lbs of fluids in 12 hours.

This morning, the surgeon came in with the preliminary path reports. He said there was far more cancer than he had suspected and was conferring with an oncologist about what to do now.

I also found out, through all of the bloodwork they took, that I am Type 2 Diabetic.

I am home now and in my own bed. I haven't had pain meds since Tuesday night. I feel pretty good so far. Getting in and out of bed is a bit excruciating, but doable.

No BM and very little gas relief.

The doctor is waiting til my 2 week post op to put an HRT patch on, if then.

Glad everyone else made it okay and seem to be doing well.
Unread 08-16-2007, 05:55 PM

RHPP,
I am sorry you are having such a rough time. I will say a prayer for you.
Unread 08-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Sending out Warm Thoughts

Reading everyone's replies. Glad to hear most are doing well and for those of you having a rough time, my thoughts are with you. I am amazed at how well I'm feeling. Today I walked to the end of the drive and retrieved a bag from the trunk. The ups make my calves want to scream, but all in all, I'm doing swell.
I've learned the trick of turning the phone off. I'll doze off to be awakened by the phone. Having caller id on the tv helps lots. If I'm awake and I see it, then I'll answer if I feel like chatting. Otherwise, I'm snoozing right through it.
My mum is here taking care of everything while I get catered too. It's sooooo hard to sit and be still.
To those of you still catching up
To those of you in front of me....

Have a lovely evening!
Sunni
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:59 AM
4 days post op

I woke up this morning on my stomach. I asked the doctor if that was okay and he said fine, if I could do it. I am a stomach sleeper.

I feel very well except am short of breath, which I am taking meds for fluid build up due to my heart issues.

I have not had a bm yet but have been taking Dulcolax. I just took a dose of milk of magnesia so we'll see what happens. I don't have much of an appetite so maybe that will help when I do go.

I am amazed at how well I feel. I am not taking anything for pain and haven't had anything since 36 hours post surgery.

Getting in and out of bed is much easier and hurts less.

It is sooooooo nice not having to wear a pad!!!

Hope everyone else is healing well.

s

Brenda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register