It's getting really close now! Anyone else nervous? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's getting really close now! Anyone else nervous? It's getting really close now! Anyone else nervous?

Unread 02-23-2011, 10:50 AM
It's getting really close now! Anyone else nervous?

It's getting really close now! Anyone else nervous? Just had my Pre-Op appt and it made everything more real. What are you all doing to prepare for surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Re: It's getting really close now! Anyone else nervous?

Hi! I am 44 days away from my TAH, i am very at peace with my decision but i am also nervous about the surgery in general! If i were you i would make sure that your home where ever your going to be when you come home is 100% ready for you, Try to get all laundry done and food prep (not food prep the night before though) get any books , dvds lap top acc cell phone stuff that you will need and have your place all set and ready for you to come home and into bed or the couch or where ever it is you plan to situate yourself so that there will be no ohhh no i forgot to get this or that. I know for me the more busy i keep myself the better i am..Good luck with everything
Unread 02-23-2011, 01:15 PM

I am 9 days away and I am having problems controlling my anxiety. Not because I am nervous or scared about the surgery, but because I just wish that the days would stop drrrrrraaaaggggggginnnnngggg on so looooooonnnnnnnggggg... I want to get this over and done with. This is a major turning point in my life and I just need to bite the bullet and be patient.

For the most part, I am power lounging a bit, doing some housework, power lounging some more, doing some more housework, and so on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2011, 01:41 PM

I'm March 3 and I'm nervous!! Last night it hit me that I can't take any meds or anything after tomorrow. And then I am having SURGERY. Yipps! Everyone keeps saying that its a good thing, you'll feel better, I sure we will but the waiting is just going to get to me
So you are not alone
Unread 02-23-2011, 01:49 PM

Seems like the anticipation of surgery is worst part! This will be my first major surgery and will be having 4 proceedures to boot. So... I have a lot of anxiety about the unknown.

I'm definitely planning on getting my house clean, laundry done & bills paid this weekend. I will be saving the "power lounging" for post-op I think LOL. I'm not going to lie, it is going to be a challenge...I'm very independent and its going to be hard to let my husband and family do everything!
Unread 02-23-2011, 02:08 PM

The waiting is the hardest part! Had mine done yesterday morning and I feel great! I had it done at a surgery center outpatient-home 4 hours after surgery. I am resting well. Taking dilaudin and ibuprofen. Plenty of water. Bland diet. Scrambled eggs, applesauce, cottage cheese. Be sure to walk around little bits and make youself take deep breaths to endure no clots form. This surgery has been way easier than my 1c-section and my abdominal/hernia repair that I did in the past.
Unread 02-23-2011, 02:17 PM

I'm also having my surgery on Mar 3.. I'm a nervous wreck. Pre-op appt is friday and I can't wait for that. I have a lot of questions, so I hope they give me time to ask them all.

I have gotten a lot of my post-op shopping list taken care of. Got the binder, the lap tray, body pillow, the grabber, etc.. Now, I get to spend a week cleaning and trying to stay busy so I don't have a nervous breakdown..

My last day of work is tomorrow (only work Mon-Thurs and will already be off next week), so I'm sure the time will seem to slow down once I don't have that to keep my mind occupied..

Having nightmares already and I still have 8 days.. It's gonna be a LONG week...
Unread 02-23-2011, 02:21 PM

Hang in there. I hope the saying, 'the waiting is the hardest part' rings true in this situation.
My surgery is the 1st and I am so excited about the opportunity to finally start feeling better.
Keep taking deep breaths. I find it is something that I forget to do, but once I do, I feel so much better.
Wishing you all the very best.
Unread 02-23-2011, 04:17 PM

I was slightly nervous too.... What calmed me was an hour massage before ur last meal. I had mine 1 Feb and feel normal and some similar pain u see written on here. Who would have thought at 34 I would be doing this.... oh well things happen for a reason. I've been telling everyone When I say surgery.... you will be surprised how many strangers have been where we are. Hang in there it will get better.

Hugs and Prayers.... #mslisa#
Unread 02-23-2011, 05:21 PM

My surgery is scheduled for March 1st....and I think I might chicken out. I am really scared that I will shrink up into an older looking woman, be fat and not enjoy a sex life.........but then there are the periods of heavy bleeding with clots, and severe pain with vomiting....hmmmm..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register