Can't relax waiting for surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't relax waiting for surgery Can't relax waiting for surgery

Unread 12-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Can't relax waiting for surgery

I have two weeks to go before my surgery and cleaning the house is helping me to get ready but I can't even sleep thinking about my surgery. I'm ready for it to be OVER already. I watch TV and read books but I am ready to have it done. Sigh...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2007, 03:00 PM

I was just like you. Trust me...waiting truly is the worst part! I'm so happy that I had my hysterectomy. The pain that I felt before is completely gone! Just keep thinking positive thoughts and you'll do great!

Unread 12-12-2007, 06:54 AM

I can remember that feeling. I just couldn't seem to turn my mind off for thinking about the upcoming surgery. Staying really busy helped me a lot. I cooked, cleaned & straightened closets even. Then at bedtime, I would take a nice long soak in the tub. Soothing music helped me realx too. That way I did manage to get some sleep most nights.

Best wishes.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donewaiting
I have two weeks to go before my surgery and cleaning the house is helping me to get ready but I can't even sleep thinking about my surgery. I'm ready for it to be OVER already. I watch TV and read books but I am ready to have it done. Sigh...
Hi!

I so remember those days prior to my surgery. I had surgery about a week ago now and am so thankful that it is finally done and overwith.

Keep busy!! I remember I would keep busy all day doing all of the things that the other ladies have already mentioned, then in the evening I would hop into a nice warm bubble bath to relax. It helps!!

Best wishes and good luck with your upcoming surgery. We'll see you on the other side very soon. Before you know it your day will be here. Hang in there...
Unread 12-12-2007, 08:31 AM

I agree with the other ladies, waiting is truly the worst part. I'm 5 days post-op today and the minor pain I'm in is nothing compared to the waiting! All the things that can go through your mind can drive you crazy, but for me it was well worth it. I'm so glad I had it done. Try to keep busy and don't hesitate to discuss your concerns with someone. It really helped me to have one really good shoulder to lean on and just let me babble. We're all here for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register