Surgery 21st now another colonoscopy next week. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery 21st now another colonoscopy next week. Surgery 21st now another colonoscopy next week.

Unread 12-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Surgery 21st now another colonoscopy next week.

I am a week and a half away from surgery and the doctor that will do the bowel resection if needed now wants the mass on my colon tatooed (marked with dye) so he knows exactly where it is for the surgery. The bowel resection will be laproscopic. BUT the point is I will have to do 2 bowel preps less that a week
apart! Plus if they do the resection I will not be eating right away either. I hate endo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Re: Surgery 21st now another colonoscopy next week.

Hello Aeryn...I have never had to have an colonoscopy.....but it sounds like your doctor is trying to be safe with you. And if this is what you have to do to get healthy.....then that is what you have to do. Granted the bowl preps are nasty....but if thats how you have to protect yourself....then I say...keep the baby wipes handy so you don't get so sore with all the wiping you are going to have to do...keep your chin up!!!!! Good luck to you!! and please keep us posted!!!
Unread 12-09-2009, 09:47 PM

Hi Aeryn!

My heart goes out to you. When I was diagnosed with colon cancer two years ago I had to do a pre-surgery bowel prep a week after my colonscopy and it was not a positive experience to say the least. But I lived through it and so can you.

I am sending many positive thoughts your way as you embark on your journey to better health.

s,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2009, 11:06 AM

Just think about it this way.. your bowels will already be clean from the first prep, so the second one should be a breeze. Just remember to have the baby wipes and A&D ointment close by. Good luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register