Scheduled TAH Afraid to stay in the hospital alone. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Afraid to stay in the hospital alone. Afraid to stay in the hospital alone.

Unread 04-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Afraid to stay in the hospital alone.

I am afraid to stay in the hospital alone. Is anyone else a chicken like me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Re: Afraid to stay in the hospital alone.

You're not a chicken. It's probably just a little pre-surgery nerves.

The hospital staff will take good care of you, and the nurses will probably be in so often that you won't feel alone.
It is kind of a weird feeling when friends or family go home and you're there alone. But you will be fine and hopefully the time will pass quickly.

Wishing you a great surgery tomorrow, and relief when it's over!
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:54 AM

Hi sending hugs!!! Ur not a chicken at all,, it is normal to b scared,, I was but the hospital staff is usually very attentive to u! If u r extremley nervous tell them.. Some hospitals have nurse assistants and they really help u.. Don't b shy to ask,. Use ur call button when u need anything... That is their job!!! I made friends with my roommate she happened to b very nice and it helped at night to know she was there with me! If you have a friend or family member who could just come by for a while, it helps to break up the day., wishing u an easy surgery and a speedy recover. I had my tah on 3-22 so I'm 2weeks out today.. Any questions please ask! The ladies here are amazing.,just imagine us there with u!!! U will do great praying for u !! Maddie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2010, 09:55 AM

Thank you.

Kids are working on a babysit mommy schedule today. Trying to put together all of their schedules so someone will be there at all times with me.
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:57 AM

I am planning on taking candy with me and being very nice to the nurses.
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:08 AM

I was nervous too. Truthfully, ti wasn't lonely and wasn't too bad. You will be pretty tired anyway and the nurses will be in "pestering you" (read, checking vitals, removing packing and caths, etc), so it's not like you are alone at all. I thought it was going to be bad and I didn't mind at all. I was very surprised.

Good luck tomorrow!
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Yes for the one day that I was at the castle, I found the nurses all to be very kind (except for one) and they do come into your room constantly to check your vitals. So you will not be alone and you will be well-looked after. Don't worry. Just concern yourself with getting well.
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:21 AM

not to worry.. you will have little time alone. most of the time I had a roomate.. along with the constant checking of the nurses. and whom ever else stops in. Plus you will sleep through most of it.

The hospital can be a scary place.. I started with surgeries when I was 2 ,7, 17 and 23 .. and two abdomital surgeries.. and some minor out patient surgeries.. and I am still here to talk about all of them including my TAH best thing you can do is ask questions if you have them no matter how silly they seem.. it will make you feel better believe me...

and if you are uncomfortable tell them.. they will do what they can to make you feel better. once you are in the OR they will give you meds that will relax you and the next thing you know you are coming too.. and again tell them when you need something even it seems like a silly question.. or request... you are a princess and it is the castle after all...
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:23 AM

You'll do great!! Don't be afraid! You're in a great facility, from what you've told me, and I will be there with you in spirit!
Unread 04-05-2010, 11:18 AM

I'm nervous about being alone, too. It will be hard to let my husband go home! I've never been overnight in the hospital before. I'm hoping I'll be so tired I won't even notice he's gone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register