Need advice about possible Hyst with a really long post - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need advice about possible Hyst with a really long post Need advice about possible Hyst with a really long post

Unread 03-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Re: Need advice about possible Hyst with a really long post

Yasu,

I had some great doctors that listened about my condition and felt they were very helpful in giving me options. I had an ablation because of polyps and I also had 3 large fibroids (which they could do nothing about). I still had a scant amount of blood after the ablation when my periods were to happen. My doctor said the ablation would insure I wouldn't get anymore polyps. That surgery was pretty painless and no issues after that. The doctor told me I might not have any blood when my periods were to happen or I would have a little. It was a heck of a lot better than the past with having clots that looked like huge pieces of liver, I know you know what I mean. Not fun at all!

Two years after that I had to have a hysterectomy because my last ovary was a sick little girl and I told the doctors they may as well remove the uterus because the fibroids were painful pressing on my colon and such. I don't mind that my uterus is gone but I wish that ovary were still inside me and that it would've been healthy because trying to balance my hormones has been one heck of a ride.
I wish you all the best and wish no one had to deal with all that we women have to go through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2011, 05:39 PM

Hey sister, I forgot... Progesterone cream helped before I was able to see Dr. You can get it at GNC or a health food store or on line. Slather it on lower tummy, inside upper legs, any fatty tussue. I promise it will help. Use it before cycle or in my case during. Use it for about 2 weeks at a time and your bleeding will ease. As well as the pain and bloating..

This was my best defense from the "liver monster"

GOOD LUCK!!! Hang in there friend, you will get relief!
Unread 03-05-2011, 09:47 AM

Your situation sounds just not acceptable. Your GYN has an obligation to take care of you. I suggest you first call her or his office and talk to the office manager explaining your issues and simply (demand) requesting (politely) that you be worked in, referred to another physician in the practice (or outside if need be) but you MUST BE treated. Are you anemic? On supplements if you are? Tired? Low energy? Pale? Be your own advocate. Be sweet but determined and pushy. I waited 2 weeks for my doc to have her nurse notify me regarding results of a MRI and possible cancer then nurse calls me back to "schedule" a hysterectomy." I told her I was not happy that the doctor herself did not call me as expected to review MRI results nor call to discuss my options for the 7x7 pelvic mass I have. Its been another week and still the doctor herself has not called me back. I'm not happy. This is NOT acceptable. When I talk to her I will make sure she hears me out on this. Your doctor going "on vacation" and just leaving you hanging just won't do!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2011, 10:05 AM

Hang in there friend! Altho i cant relate to being put off..or the nightmare of not being able to see a doctor...i do know the frustration of wanting to know what is wrong. Just be a nagging patient with all these "professional" doctors. Call every single day if you have to...someone HAS to listen to you and hear you!! I hope you get answers quickly...this isnt a healthy situation!!
My own experience was very different...from the first onset of problems, to the referral to an oncology/gyn was a total of 6 weeks. Davinci surgery for hysterectomy 4 days after seeing the oncologist.
Please, dont give up!! Your not crazy,,,but you could make the doctors and their staff nuts by calling and INSISTING everyday to see you.
You have nothing to lose, evidently they arent hearing you, so let them know everyday things arent getting better!
Best of luck to you that things will work out!!
Unread 03-09-2011, 10:39 AM

I had an appt with my 3rd gyn today. It went great.

First of all, I was thrilled to arrive at the gyn, be seen, and be done within a hour. My 1st gyn had me waiting at least an hour after the scheduled appt in the waiting room, then waiting even longer when I get into the room, but only getting maybe 5 minutes of the gyn's time.

This 3rd gyn was so nice to me. I am scheduled tomorrow to have an ultrasound with saline. This gyn said this will let them know how many fibroids I have and stuff. He really thinks ablation may be my best option.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and even though I'm getting this saline ultrasound thing, I am over the moon.

This doctor actually listened to me, and I cannot believe I could get in for the ultrasound so soon. I hope things keep going well. I left his office feeling like someone really believed me and wanted to help.
Unread 03-09-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasu View Post
I had an appt with my 3rd gyn today. It went great.

First of all, I was thrilled to arrive at the gyn, be seen, and be done within a hour. My 1st gyn had me waiting at least an hour after the scheduled appt in the waiting room, then waiting even longer when I get into the room, but only getting maybe 5 minutes of the gyn's time.

This 3rd gyn was so nice to me. I am scheduled tomorrow to have an ultrasound with saline. This gyn said this will let them know how many fibroids I have and stuff. He really thinks ablation may be my best option.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and even though I'm getting this saline ultrasound thing, I am over the moon.

This doctor actually listened to me, and I cannot believe I could get in for the ultrasound so soon. I hope things keep going well. I left his office feeling like someone really believed me and wanted to help.
That is so cool. It is a nice feeling to find a doctor that believes you. I hope that your ultrasound goes well and that you make the right decision. Happy Birthday and Best Wishes.
Unread 03-09-2011, 11:45 AM

I am glad your appointment went well! Awesome news!

Unread 03-09-2011, 02:30 PM

So happy for you- good luck and have a happy birthday!!
Unread 03-09-2011, 03:34 PM

Thanks for shaing the good news! Is this 3rd gyn on your health plan?

Hope you have a perfectly perfect birthday!
Unread 03-09-2011, 04:05 PM

Yasu,

That is great. I just read your posts for the first time and I felt my blood pressure starting to go up..(could be a hot flash coming). I am so relieved for you that you found such a caring doctor. I think your previous treatment is UNACCEPTABLE. I wish you a happy birthday and wish you a thorough diagnosis..ask questions and don't hesitate to press for answers!! Good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register