POST-OP members: Sisters who are 40 and Under (children mentioned) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

POST-OP members: Sisters who are 40 and Under (children mentioned) POST-OP members: Sisters who are 40 and Under (children mentioned)

Unread 08-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Re: Sisters who are 40 and Under

I'm 38, and just had my partial hyst a week ago. My husband and I were done having children as I have them in pairs. That is 2 sets of natural and fraternal twins. It was suspected that I had adenomyosis. Waiting to hear back from the pathology.
It could have been done sooner but I had the mirena, and when I had the mirena taken out, that is when it was discovered. The tissue grew, and I knew something was wrong. I have a great doctor and she knew that this was a decision I had to make.
So that is my story. Hello all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2015, 03:50 AM
Re: Post-op members: Sisters who are 40 and Under (children mentioned)

I am 39 and just gave birth to boy and girl twins in March. Before I started IVF my drs identified fibroids in my uterus but said they would not be a problem and went ahead with the IVF which was sucessful first round with twins. During the pregnancy the largest fibroid grew right between both babies which they monitored every month. I had a healthy pregnancy and uneventful planned c section at 36 weeks. After my c section I bled heavily for 6 weeks then had my 6 week check up in which my dr wanted to do a D and C because they felt I could have retained placenta thay is causing the bleeding. I had that done and the heavy bleeding never stopped. I was bleeding with grapefruit size blood clots daily for 4 months. The doctors then did another ultrasound and found that the fibroid had moved into the lining of the uterus and was causing the bleeding and clots. They said that my best option would be hysterectomy. i went on to have two other opinions which all said the same thing. So now I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on august 19. they are removing my uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes. i have been bleeding since March and I am so ready for this to be over. My husband and I have not had sex in over 8 months and we had a great sex life before that.
Unread 08-07-2015, 01:47 PM

Hi I'm 31 and I have a 7 year old with special needs and 18 month old twins. The twin pregnancy was really difficult, so my husband and I had decided early on during it that it would be our final pregnancy no matter what, so when it turned out that i needed a hysterectomy a couple of months ago we were ok with that. It's been a really big improvement in my quality of life so far - no more constant periods, the constant abdominal pain is gone, my mood has completely changed back to what it was before the twins were born. I hope that all these good things continue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2015, 04:18 PM

I am 40, no children. I never wanted my own biological children. I love kids and I have many friends with children that I adore! My husband never wanted any either so we are perfect there. We really feel that if we were meant to have children we would have had them. We feel that God has other plans for us and we are exploring being foster parents. I feel like society puts so much pressure on us and what the "normal" thing to do is. My advice to the younger ladies- research your options, don't be afraid to get a second opinion, and trust that God knows what is right for you!
Unread 08-15-2015, 07:28 PM

Hi! I am 35 and married to my high school sweetheart. We have a 7 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. I had my hysterectomy on the 11th via DaVinci robotic procedure. Everything was taken out except my ovaries. I had a fibroid that was 1.5" by 1.9". My doctor told me when he removed my uterus it was swollen to the point the fibroid wasn't even really visible anymore. My periods were like hemorrhaging each month for almost 2 years after my son's birth and then in the last year things got worse. I was in pain most of the month, especially the week before and week of my period. I am only 4 days post-op and I already feel better than I did when my period was coming.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register