Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 06-Jul 12,2020 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 06-Jul 12,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 06-Jul 12,2020

Unread 07-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 06-Jul 12,2020

My hysterectomy was on 7/7. It was a total da Vinci left the ovaries. I went home right after but had a catheter for the first 2 days post op. I had that removed on Thursday and I am slowly recovering. I had a lot of scar tissue removed and apparently my bladder was stuck to my uterus with it. It’s ok now but I think it was fairly traumatized so it is slowly recovering. My swelling is slowly going down and I had my first bowel movement. My pain is becoming less I have been taking my meds every 6 hours and will continue to do until I run out. I don’t have a huge appetite and I get tired just walking downstairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2020, 09:41 PM

I'm 5 days into recovery and doing ok. I was in hospital for 4 days and in hindsight should have stayed longer as I hadn't used my bowels before I left. I've had major problems with constipation but the pain itself isn't as bad as I thought. I can walk around the house pretty comfortably but getting up and down from a chair is a bit of an effort. I feel so weak haha.

I hope everyone is going ok x
Unread 07-13-2020, 12:06 PM

I'm three days out and finally removed my binder and got up without it. I walked around the house a few times and did okay. It was a big mental hurdle for me to get to the point where I could even try to get up without it.

I'm still using my Percocet and ibuprofen as recommended by my surgeon. Hoping to back off the Percocet soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2020, 04:57 AM

Triciawon and McNibbles!

I'm glad y'all have found us in your Recovery Thread!

Unread 07-14-2020, 05:13 AM

Some more links to meet you where you are:Lolli1970's Adventures in Abdominal Binders is a good spring board on the subject. Some Sisters love the support binders give them, some buy them and don't like them, others weren't advised one way or another because of the nature of our surgeries, and still others can't stand the thought of anything around their swollen tummies. You'll read varying accounts - Sisters wearing them during the day, around the clock, only for going out of the house, or when they return to work. There's an article on Abdominal Binder: What Is It & Do I Need One?. We've had discussions on them before, one of the older livelier threads for reading and info is here Binders: Useful or Wasteful? (07/2016). My doctor didn't advise me one way or another... plus I was in the "sounds like a bad idea" camp because of swelly belly and got by without one. Unless your doctor has said you should wear one, it's a matter of preference. ...If you want something, but not a binder, consider stretchy yoga pants as a compromise.
Unread 07-14-2020, 10:38 AM

Day Four Recovery--finally had a BM today. It was painful but not horrible. I've taken the stool softeners as prescribed and I know that helped a lot. I will continue with those.

I am removing my binder during the day and trying to get used to that feeling. I feel quite vulnerable without it.

It's much easier to get in and out of bed now and I don't need any assistance with that anymore. So thankful to see that progress!

I'm continuing on my pain meds but have spaced them further out so I'm taking every 5 hours rather than every 4. I think I'll be able to increase that even more today.

Thinking of you all today and wishing you a speedy recovery!
Unread 07-14-2020, 07:21 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 06-Jul 12,2020

Hello! Had my surgery on Wednesday July the 8th. Had a Davinci robot, laparoscopic, only 1 incision thru my belly button. The surgery lasted 5 hours. The doctor removed my Fallopian tubes, uterus and cervix due to my adenomyosis. He also removed my appendix due to endometriosis. He also excised endo from my rectum and around pelvic area. Had to use a catheter for 5 days but it’s gone now. As my surgery went well the doctor gave me the choice to stay overnight or to go home the same day. He felt that because of the covid concerns it was better to go home right away, so I did. He left a pain med pump in my abdomen, called OnQ, for 4 days. He also prescribed me with Percocet every 4 hours and toradol if I needed it as an extra help (but so far didn’t use it). I also have to inject an anticoagulant on my belly daily for 7 days, tomorrow is my last! Yesterday I started reducing the Percocet and my goal is for tomorrow to be my last day. I didn’t need to use the nausea medication, but used Amitiza and Magnesium to reactivate my bowel movements. So after 5 days I had my first bowel movement. But all in all I’ve been feeling good! Had gas pain the day after surgery, around shoulder and upper chest area, lasted about a day and I’m happy it’s gone cause it hurt more than my abdomen, lol. I have some discomfort and a little pain here and there but it drowns compare to the pain I had before surgery. I’m glad I did it! I bought a binder but then came to find out the doctor doesn’t recommend it, so I’ll keep it for later, and in a couple of weeks I’ll call the office to check if I can use it. I appreciate reading all of the suggestions and others experiences here!
Unread 07-14-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsbmio View Post
Hello! Had my surgery on Wednesday July the 8th. Had a Davinci robot, laparoscopic, only 1 incision thru my belly button. The surgery lasted 5 hours. The doctor removed my Fallopian tubes, uterus and cervix due to my adenomyosis. He also removed my appendix due to endometriosis. He also excised endo from my rectum and around pelvic area. Had to use a catheter for 5 days but it’s gone now. As my surgery went well the doctor gave me the choice to stay overnight or to go home the same day. He felt that because of the covid concerns it was better to go home right away, so I did. He left a pain med pump in my abdomen, called OnQ, for 4 days. He also prescribed me with Percocet every 4 hours and toradol if I needed it as an extra help (but so far didn’t use it). I also have to inject an anticoagulant on my belly daily for 7 days, tomorrow is my last! Yesterday I started reducing the Percocet and my goal is for tomorrow to be my last day. I didn’t need to use the nausea medication, but used Amitiza and Magnesium to reactivate my bowel movements. So after 5 days I had my first bowel movement. But all in all I’ve been feeling good! Had gas pain the day after surgery, around shoulder and upper chest area, lasted about a day and I’m happy it’s gone cause it hurt more than my abdomen, lol. I have some discomfort and a little pain here and there but it drowns compare to the pain I had before surgery. I’m glad I did it! I bought a binder but then came to find out the doctor doesn’t recommend it, so I’ll keep it for later, and in a couple of weeks I’ll call the office to check if I can use it. I appreciate reading all of the suggestions and others experiences here!
Wow - you are a trooper. You've been through a lot and I'm glad you are doing so well!
Unread 07-15-2020, 05:31 AM

Bsbmio! I'm glad you've joined us in your Recovery Thread... and indeed you've certainly gone through a lot!

You've had the advantage of the OnQ at home. Still, if you find your pain is increasing getting off the narcotics, it's okay to get back on them. I tried to get off of Percocet on Day 4 only to find that I was walking like Quasimoto trying to protect my tender abs. I was back on the prescription by that afternoon. Three days later, I was able to set them aside. In other words, don't play the role of superhero. You rest better when you're not in pain, and rest is what's needed for healing.

Unread 07-15-2020, 08:33 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 06-Jul 12,2020

So are you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli1970 View Post
Wow - you are a trooper. You've been through a lot and I'm glad you are doing so well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register