Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020

Unread 09-18-2020, 07:27 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020

5 Ways to Speed Up Sluggish Bowels

Do not panic - it took me almost a full week until my bowels cooperates! Ugh
Do not strain.
Try raising your legs on a trash can or small stool and gently rock back and forth
Eat healthy foods! Drink as much water as you can
Walk each hour - if you are up to it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2020, 09:56 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020

Hi ladies!
I’m writing again. I had my surgery on 9/15 (kept ovaries, took everything else out). Fortunately, I have had a BM (yay!) here’s my problem:
I was taking ibuprofen and non of the narcotics I was prescribed for pain and managing well (with lots of heat and ice and walking). Yesterday, I had to go to the ER with an allergic reaction to aspirin so no longer will be able to take ibuprofen. My pain is much worse now and Tylenol in combination with heat/ice/walking is not helping. Wondering if anyone has any pain tips?? I don’t want to have to rely on narcotics for a variety of reasons, one of them being getting backed up and a family history of addiction.
Unread 09-18-2020, 10:06 AM
Wink - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrum View Post
Hi ladies!
I’m writing again. I had my surgery on 9/15 (kept ovaries, took everything else out). Fortunately, I have had a BM (yay!) here’s my problem:
I was taking ibuprofen and non of the narcotics I was prescribed for pain and managing well (with lots of heat and ice and walking). Yesterday, I had to go to the ER with an allergic reaction to aspirin so no longer will be able to take ibuprofen. My pain is much worse now and Tylenol in combination with heat/ice/walking is not helping. Wondering if anyone has any pain tips?? I don’t want to have to rely on narcotics for a variety of reasons, one of them being getting backed up and a family history of addiction.
Hi and so sorry you’re in pain. The search function is wonky now, but there have lots of threads on this. Until I find them, here is an article you may find helpful :

Pain Management without Narcotics

I would suggest you post this great question in the main Post Op Forum with a title along of “suggestions for pain relief without narcotics”.

Hugs and feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2020, 10:10 AM

Acupuncture

Here is another thread on acupuncture: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sh...ad.php?t=92136

If you scroll down to the bottom of any thread, you will see a list of related topics.
Unread 09-18-2020, 08:32 PM

I had my out patient laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy today. I was amazed how quickly things went after I ‘surfaced’ in recovery. I was sent home less than 2 hours later. I know I’m on drugs but my pain levels much lower than I thought they would be. I was actually pretty scared about being terrible pain immediately after.
My only concern is one of my small incision sites has bled through the cotton ball sized bandage they placed over the steri tape and there’s about a 1/2 inch of bruising next to it. I put in a call to my dr to see if this is a cause for concern- their service said I get a call with 30 mins. I live almost an hour from the hospital so I really don’t want to go back.
Unread 09-19-2020, 12:49 PM

Yay, the waiting is over. I'm so glad my surgery is done. I had a TVH yesterday, and I'm doing better than I expected. While in the hospital, I did have trouble peeing. They told me that the bladder gets put to sleep with the anesthesia and mine didn't want to wake. They were just about to re-insert the catheter when I was finally able to go. I never thought I'd be so happy about a little bit of pee. Since then, my bladder is playing catch up; I think I had to get up 6 times through the night. I had some dizziness and a little nausea every time I sat up yesterday, but today that's been better. So far today, I've only taken ibuprofen, and the pain has been tolerable. No BM yet, but I've taken stool softeners and prune juice, so hopefully when it decides to make it's appearance, it'll be an easy delivery.

So far, so good. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets worse before it gets better, but I'll deal with that as it comes. I'm just happy to be on the other side and starting my recovery journey.
Unread 09-19-2020, 06:27 PM

I’m so glad a few more dear ladies have finally made it to the other side.

Even though you may face challenges with pain, nausea and the cath, you are on your way to recovery.

As your Hostess, I will be checking in daily during your initial recovery period, which is generally 4 to 8 weeks, depending on your type of surgery. I will be posting articles, answering your questions, and sending lots of gentle hugs!

Initially we may be concerned about:
Swelly belly
Gas
Bathroom issues
Emotions
Fatigue
These things are all a normal part of recovery and most of us experience a few (if not all!) of these issues. You are not alone!

It’s very important to:
Drink plenty of water
Rest, nap, sleep, & rest some more
Take your pain meds as prescribed around the clock to stay ahead of the pain
Walk a little each hour that you are not sleeping
Put away your Wonder Woman cape
Listen to your body
Now is the time to settle in and take care of You. We only have one chance to heal properly, and This Is It. Thank you for allowing me to share your journey.

Marcia
Unread 09-20-2020, 08:40 AM

Solar plexus pain? My surgery was laparoscopic and pain levels overall have been manageable. My incision area has less pain this morning, which is day 3, but my solar plexus is very sore- a new ache. I’m guessing it’s from the strain on my diaphragm while I was blown up with CO2, because yesterday my intercostal muscles (ribs) were also a little tender. It just seems odd for this new ache to show up now. Although I slept 6 hours straight last night so I’m 3 hrs behind on meds so maybe I’m just noticing it because of that?
Unread 09-20-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaByDay View Post
Solar plexus pain? My surgery was laparoscopic and pain levels overall have been manageable. My incision area has less pain this morning, which is day 3, but my solar plexus is very sore- a new ache. I’m guessing it’s from the strain on my diaphragm while I was blown up with CO2, because yesterday my intercostal muscles (ribs) were also a little tender. It just seems odd for this new ache to show up now. Although I slept 6 hours straight last night so I’m 3 hrs behind on meds so maybe I’m just noticing it because of that?
Hi and welcome,
Alas, there may be new aches, pain and soreness as different nerves, ligaments and muscles that were cut heal.

Try to take your pain meds exactly as prescribed so that your body can concentrate on healing instead of fighting pain.

Ask your doctor if you can use a heating pad for your ribs or lower back if they continue to be sore. Not every doctor allows heat near your healing organs, so it’s best to ask.

Hugs and feel better
Unread 09-20-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrum View Post
Hi ladies!
That’s great you have had a bm!!! I’m still doing what I can to have one. My surgery was on 9-14 and same as yours. I just have more pain/discomfort on the left (maybe because the huge cyst was there?) but I’m ok. Dizzy at times. Still wearing my belly band. Good luck to you with everything!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register