Hysterectomy dates Dec 04-Dec 11,2006 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 04-Dec 11,2006 Hysterectomy dates Dec 04-Dec 11,2006

Unread 12-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 04-Dec 11,2006

If your hysterectomy was between Dec 04-Dec 11,2006 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few
minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 04-Dec 11,2006

Hi all, I'm home from the hospital and I must say that my biggest challenge is to rest---I feel so good compared to last week. Surgery remained on schedule and went well. I was chatting with the anesthesiologist before surgery and asked for something to help me relax. He said, "I think we can do that." Next thing I know I wake up in recovery with a hysterectomy. Surgery was a little over three hours. Rectocele repair took longer than expected. Left the ovary!
I was on telemetry for the whole time I was in the hospital. I must have scared them when I was under.
First night was hell--I had a nurse that must have hated her job. Finally I just resolved to not ring the bell at all. I'm not sure how the powers that be found out about it all, but by the next morning she was out of there (fired I think) and things went much better after that. Everyone was extremely kind and helpful.
Like I said, the big challenge now is not to grab a dust rag and start cleaning. But oh, I'm so glad to be home!
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Hello all!

Hello all! I am so excited to have found this site. I had a LAVH on Dec. 4th with "Alot of repair work" as one of the nurses stated. hehe All went well. I was so glad that I finally did it. I had scheduled it last spring but backed out. One thing I am bummed about is that I had to come home with a cath. Is that common? I tried and tried at the hospital to urinate enough without success. Since I have been home, I have had it relatively easy. My hubby has been great! Poor thing, he has been through it. I have been experiencing gas pain, back pain, and fatigue. Airlie, I hear you. My biggest challenge is to stay put. I work two full time jobs, a school social worker and a Sales Director. I love the fact that I'm off the social work job, but the Sales Director position can not be ignored. Thankfully, I can use my computer for most of the load.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2006, 01:46 PM

Hello to all,

Had my hysterectomy on Dec. 5th. Came home the same day. My procedure was a LASH, left both overies, and cervix. I feel better today. Quit taking the pain meds yesterday, didn't like the way they made me feel. Just taking advil now. Keeping up on the laxitives, which is a God send. Have a buring sensation at times when I get up and walk. Dr. said this was part of the healing process. Just feels weird.

Take Care,
Wizzer
Unread 12-08-2006, 07:21 PM
just got home today...

and boy, am I glad!
Surgery completed 12/5 with spinal - no problems.
Staples came out this morning - now on steri-strips for one week.
Biggest issue was gas - painful, up under the ribs & in the shoulders on the second day - so I walked a little too much trying to get it to pass & got more sore. Finally took the Gas-Ex strips I had brought in - they did the trick, even though the nurses did not want me to use them. However, I know my bowels were operating as I was passing gas, just not enough.
Finally broke the BM barrier this morning, after two doses of MOM yesterday.
Now feeling more normal and happy to be home!
Eight weeks off - whoo-hoo!
Unread 12-09-2006, 09:47 AM

Sugery went well, not too much pain I have only had to take over the counter meds, and no narcotics. Narcotics do not do good for me because they make me sick. The biggest battle for me has been with gas and not over doing it. I do wish everyone a smooth and speedy recovery. Just be aware that the is brighter on the other side of the hyster, and recovery is on its way !!!
Unread 12-09-2006, 10:59 AM
not feeling as well as everyone else..WAH

Im trying to give myself a break because i had the tummy tuck and breasts reduction in additont to the TAH. I just always bounce back real quick and do great with little pain and ndver seem to miss a beat and this is really throwing me for a looop. i just feel BAD. have been sicck (from narcotics, not out of system) and gas pains (taking ex which is helping despite nurses saying not to). i am walking and resting but basically just feel like
S&(&#. I am so glad everone else is feeling better. I guess time will heal all and im sorta just blue right now.

keep up with the storeies they are inspiring.
Unread 12-09-2006, 03:21 PM

Praying for you. Just be good to yourself and rest lots!
Unread 12-09-2006, 04:27 PM

I got home last night about 5pm. I'm doing awsome. No narcotics since I've been home, just advil. I'm sore when I move around but no problems with gas or bm. Had one today. Wooo Hooo. The hardest part was the waiting. The first 12 hours out of surgery are a little rough, but not so bad. My nurses were awsome. Didn't eat for the first two days, just water and a sip of tea. Start with some light food yesterday, now I'm just eating normal. Hope everyone else from Dec. 6th is doing well also!
Unread 12-09-2006, 04:51 PM

Hi,

I had my surgery on Thursday morning and went home yesterday afternoon. I had a LAVH and second ovary removal. All's fine so far. The pain has been quite manageable. It's a piece of cake compared to adenomyosis, endo and fibroid pain.

I had some gas pain yesterday and pain in my shoulder from having a laparospic procedure, but other than that I'm just a bit sore. Waiting to have a bm. I'm hoping colace will help. I just started eating more, so that should move things along a bit.

I went on a short walk today which helped clear up some residual mucus in my thoat. So far so good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register