Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Unread 04-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 12-Mar 19,2007

Jo, of course not! Everyone is different. I was a high pace person before, and will be again. I had a terrible time in December when this was all diagnosed, and was terribly fatigued and sick before and after hospital treatment. It took me a good month and a half to feel somewhat normal again.
I've been told repeatedly that we all will be back to our normal selves in a year! It's the degree of getting back to that total normalcy that varies from person to person.
Be well and listen to your body. It will tell you how fast and slowly to take things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Five weeks

Luv: so sorry you have had a setback, but know things will turn around again. Just take it easy, and dont over do.
When I read the 5 week points on this board it said that one day forward, two back was kind of normal for this stage of healing as out internal stitches are still not all healed up. Also said emotional disruptions were normal, most still having sleep problems. We are all pretty normal according to the list.
Going in for a hormone level test today. I think I am about a quart low and need more estrogen. I bet I could even guess my estradiol level just from my symptoms. On my wrist I will get a small, round, eczema patch which appears when my E level drops below 100.
See the rest of you in the bathroom, all though yesterday I did a little better. I drove in the car for 30 minutes and didnt have to run into a grocery store to pee.
Sammi
Unread 04-18-2007, 11:32 AM

Migraines are back full force. Monday was all day in bed, yesterday I spent the day in the ER then vomiting all evening. Today I feel ok, sore from using stomach muscles, bowel issues kept me up all night. No headache though! ;-)
I have been up and down the stairs several times doing laundry and noticing that last week the stairs where a lot harder.
So, I guess all in all still making my way towards human.
My DH is leaving town next week for 4 days, so I get to be home with the kids alone, driving to and from school etc.
We shall see how that goes.
Blessed be all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 01:02 PM
mine too

Solstice,
My husband will be gone all next week as well. LOL I've already had to take over the kid taxi duties despite my Dr. not wanting me to drive. (She knows but wants me to limit as much as possible.) My main thing is making sure we have food in the house for the week since I'm still not allowed to lift heavy things.

Having a bit better day than yesterday but my 10 min walk turned into 15 because half way through the hernia started pulling and really slowed me down. Oh, but it was such a beautiful day out so at least it was enjoyable despite the discomfort.

Probably add more later, hope all goes well today for everyone. LJC
Unread 04-18-2007, 01:05 PM
why ER

Hi again, Solstice,
I'm sad to hear you had to go to ER last night. Why? Was it the migraine problem? What a terrible thing to have to deal with on top of hyster. healing. I can imagine how terrible vomiting must be with all the abdomin issues. Please know we're thinking of you and praying you start feeling better soon. LJC
Unread 04-18-2007, 01:13 PM

yes, it was the migraine that sent me to the er. My headache doc says that she thinks that my ovaries are "in shock" and not leveling out. The meds that she gave me to use at home are not touching these headaches. So, after a day or so with a migraine, the er is the only place that can treat them. I wish that I could just go to her office, but they don't do iv's in the office.
My OB had me go get blood tests. I will hear back in a day or two on those. My post op is on the 26th of this month, so I may go on a hrt after that. I don't really want to take them, so she is in no hurry to give them to me.
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:45 AM

Solstice - so sorry you are suffering, hope you start to feel better soon.

Well, I feel as if I have turned the corner in a lot of ways. Am off anti-sickness meds now and only taking mild pain killers now and againfor my on and off hip pain. Last few days my tum feels more sore around navel and across both sides and fells wobblier when I walk! I suppose it's cos I am doing more and it's tum muscles starting to work again - hope so anyway! Sort of feels like it did few weeks ago.

My hubby works away every week, goes sunday eve and comes back friday afternoon. He is in the army but finishes in october for good so will be home all the time. Have mixed feelings on this as we have always lived apart in the week!

Regards to all,

Jo.
Unread 04-19-2007, 04:18 AM

Hi, everyone!
I, too, feel as if I have turned a corner this morning. Did a lot last night, but not totally and completely worn out today. News from work: staff reduction of 50%! So wondering about my job when I return on Monday, and mapping out all the scenarios.

Anyway, glad things are going well, Jo. I know what you mean about DH's being home for a while -- a little adjustment period to be expected on both ends.

Take care and continue to mend!
Unread 04-19-2007, 08:55 AM
hormones

Solstice: sorry about the headaches. I really agree with the Doc who told you about the ovarian shock. How could your poor body not be in shock after such a major surgery? In my case it was bladder shock!
Luv: I found out driving and pushing the pedals caused me pelvic pain, it has gone away now, but it just quit. Last week I still had it. Its so hard to take it easy with kids around.
Had a small hormone war with my Gyno surgeon yesterday. I had implanted pellets before the surgery to keep the body shock down. They worked really well for estrogen replacement. Problem for me was I absorbed them so fast that after 60 days, my hormone levels were lower than I feel is good for me. Also they are very expensive. I told her the levels dropped too fast and I wanted a steadier dose. We did a hormone test, but I can guess what mine was due to my symptoms and my trusty eczema spot that acts up when the serum level dips below 100. I am going to probably switch back to estrogen & testosterone cream or gel. Messy, but effective. On a patch I would need two to get my preferred blood level.
Sleeping a lot better with the Ambien which I go off on weekends for two days. Had 4 hour blocks of sleep all week and really feeling much better.
Sammi
Unread 04-19-2007, 09:37 AM

Glad you are feeling better Sami4.

No bad headaches yesterday or yet today. YAY! The hot flashes I was experiencing are getting better and I am sleeping a bit more, so this may resolve on it's own. Which is what I am hoping. I don't want to take HRT. Tummy cramps are still bad, I had to get up at 4am because of them. I will call my doc today about it.
The sun is out today (it is 34 degrees) so I may take my son on a walk later.
Have a good day all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register