Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 12-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

I am three weeks post op from a sah/bso. I'm still quite tired, but looking back at the last three weeks, I'm definitely improving. I had to make a trip to the emergency clinic last weekend for hives (which I'm attributing to the drugs I had during surgery and after) but after a round of steroids, they are gone and haven't returned.

My biggest complaint is the nerve damage. I've got quite a bit of numbness above my incision and above that I'm so sensitive that my clothes even hurt my skin to touch it. My doctor says that could take up to six months to completely go away. I'm trying not to dwell on that!

I'm still moving slowly, and have some burning on my incision especially when I get in and out of bed.

This all sounds grim, but really it's not. I feel like I am improving every day and am just grateful I've had a lot of help in my recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 12:27 PM

I'm still sleeping a lot too. I usually sleep until 9-10am then take a 3 hour nap around 1PM. If I go out of the house, I can only stay out for about 2 hours. This weekend I did go to two parties, but I slept WAY in each day and then sat on the couch all day until it was time to go. It worked well. I wasn't tired and had fun.
Unread 12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi

Hi everyone.

I had a TAH BSO on 11/19/2007. Everything going well, I assume. I have walked quite a bit, but rested when I got home. I am able to stay awake most of days, but having trouble going to sleep. Last night I took two muscle relaxers to relax and finally slept.

Today I returned to work, only 3 weeks post-op. I know it's a bit too soon, but needed to return to work. I sit a lot, did some bending, but tried not to too much. I worked from 6am to 2pm. So I layed down when I got home. Feeling a bit achy, but nothing too serious.

I was reading on this site that during this period it is still important to rest a lot. That possibly going to work and overdoing things can cause adhesions that can complicate things in the future. Now I'm really scared.

RosaL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Also Worried!

I returned to work today, 3 weeks post-op. I just read on this site about the do's and don'ts and that has me worried. I walked a lot during the past 3 weeks and at night felt stitchy pains inside near the incisions. I'm hoping I didn't undo any stitches for wanting to get out of bed and out of the house.

And now that I'm back at work, (have to, can't afford not to work), I'm worried about the long sitting and bending to file stuff. I tried not to do much of that but I could feel stitchy pains and pulls. Not to mention that everytime I need to pee I feel a bit of soreness down there similar to when you have an urinary infection. It's not really bad, but it's there.

I'm still pretty sore on my belly, and a bit swollen.

RosaL
Worried in Florida

Unread 12-10-2007, 02:53 PM

Hi, Thanks to all that replied..I guess we're all in this together. I wish my mind and body were in the same places these days. I try to do more than I should and I pay by night time.. I'm kind of a stubborn person, I want to do things when I want.. I know it's not good, I worry to that I am doing to much. I don't want a set back at this point. My abdomen is getting better, but I have a cough now and it's really doing a job on my belly. I have to hold it in place everytime I cough. My incisions are internal so I don't see them which makes it difficult, because on the outside I look the same but not on the inside..I think I can do more. We are so lucky to have this post so that we can compare notes and know how each other is feeling.. Keep Well..
Unread 12-10-2007, 03:57 PM

Hi everyone,
Last night was miserable for me. I tossed and turned b/c of the pain. This morning I woke up and vowed to be more faithful with my pain meds!!!
I have had a lot of bloody discharge which seems to coincide with my activity level . I think this is normal??????

My husband is growing weary of a wife who is is back to 100% yet.
It makes me feel like crying.
Anyone else in the same boat?

Anyway, I hope all of you are feeling so much better than yesterday.
One day at a time right!??
Take care!!!
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:25 PM

Thank you for this website. There are so many things that go on after this surgery and there is so much comfort reading other Hyster Sisters experiences to know that we are not alone and that what we are experiencing is normal or not. Thank you so much to CAKTTKK for emailing me about being so out of breath. It seems to have been the narcotic I was taking. I have since not needed it and the symptoms have gone away. I am still tired like many of you after 3 weeks. There are many people who do not realize how long the recovery is and since you might not look sick on the outside, they don't understand what is wrong and why you are moving so slow. I move slow in the grocery store and I can since people getting frustrated if they can't get around me.

I have been out shopping a few times - good exercise and out of the winter elements. While shopping I never noticed before how often things can touch our bellies, the counters, the ladies purse in front of you. Boy, have I been careful about those purses.

I haven't had much spotting, but have been warned that more may occur around 3 to 4 weeks due to some sutures that will want to come out. I had my uterus and cervix removed and understand that where the cervix was is now sewn closed. I wonder how thick that area is after healed? I know I cannot have sex until at least 6 weeks out, but is anyone else who had their cervix removed nervous about it?
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:26 PM

I had my 3 week checkup today. Dr did a pelvic and said everything was healing nicely. He said that I can not take a bath for about other week and no sex for 3 more weeks.

He said the watery pink discharge is normal (which sometimes looks light brown).

He said that he would see again in about 3 months.

Does that sound right to anyone else?? I was sure he would see me at 6 weeks.
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:34 PM

Elliedellie:
You mention a lot of bloody discharge and still lots of pain. Have you contacted your doctor to see if this is normal and if it is linked to too much activity? I'm all for crying and letting it out. Yes, to one day at a time.
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:37 PM

I've been wondering about that myself. I wasn't particularly "active" before, but I'm fearful that it will be like starting all over again, now that i've been "closed up"

I'm wondering if anyone who had their cervix removed has experienced any pubic pain when going to the bathroom? I had bad bladder spasms right after my surgery, but once they went away, every time I empty my bladder, I feel a slight pain. Should I be concerned? Should I call my doc?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register