Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 60 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-28-2008, 06:29 AM
Back Aches

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaRob
Hi sisters!
My back aches today! I thought I might have pulled a muscle or laid wrong somehow last night. The checkpoints e-mail that I received had mentioned achy backs and I believe it. If it were anywhere but in my shoulder blades I would be worrying. Has anyone else had any trouble with this issue? In every other regard I am doing great.
GeorgiaRob, Yes my back aches. Sometimes I think it is due to not moving around like I do at work. Here I am sit on my you know what, and missing moving furniture and stocking my department. I mush be ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 06:47 AM
MsCarla2u

Good morning ladies,

Yaah! this is my 3 week post op and I am feeing pretty good so far. I read all your comments and happy to hear most are doing pretty good. I love the advice on covering your incision with your old pads, I am going to try that also.

Allison, you are more than welcome, but I just happy to hear that you are doing better. We all just try and give each other support as much as possible.

I plan on going back to work on the 17th of March I will keep you all posted on my progress. Well it's breakfast time but I just wanted to say good morning and I will check back with you all later today.
Unread 02-28-2008, 06:56 AM
3 weeks and new pain

Ladys,

I was doing so good. Only taking Tylenol. Monday am back on meds for a new type of pain and just felling like crap. The only thing I can think of is that the Dr. had to burn, cut out alot of endometriosis, and that were the pain is. Does anyone eles fell pain were this is done? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Good morning all,
I finally slept with the help of a new rx. I still have some pain up under my right rib cage and I think that it is the gas that they use. My cervix was burned and when I do too much I know that I can feel that. It was a lot in the begining and just sometimes now.

My back muscles or what is left of them hurt also and I do think that this is due to the insult to the stomach muscles and laying around.

Bluejay13: I took have a physical job. Where do you work ?

This couple good days and then bad ones is getting old, very old. My husband kept asking me how I was feeling and I finally had to ask him why he was asking me that. He said that it seemed like there was not mcuh change from the weeks before. Of course I educated him on this recovery progress. Don't know though still have a weird feeling about it. OH Well.

I switched from Ibeforuim to tylenon ex. strength. Works much better.

Has anyone else noticed that as the inner body is getting better that the stomach and incisions are getting more tender, hurt.

Sure am thankful for this sight and you ladies. It is hard to imagine what we would do without it, huh. Have to go get ready for a high school reunion breakfast for those who did not make it this summer. I sure did not go this summer wearing a back brace and using a cane.

Hugs to all,
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:46 AM

Kjjjranch I work for a great company Cost Plus World Market. My stomach is itching again.
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Abdominal with very little pain

Hi all. It is 3 wks post surgery today and I feel great! This was my first major (hopefully last) surgery and all went much better then any of us expected. My entire experience from the pre-op, to actual surgery, to post-op was far better then I anticipated. In fact I think for me, the worst part was the bowel prep I had to do at home prior to surgery. Crazy, I know...but true.

I had a verticle incision removing my uterus and cervix due to fibroids/family history. I was given the choice of general anistesia or a spinal. I opted for the spinal due to the recovery forecast (faster/easier). I have heard that most people do not want the spinal because they don't want to be "awake". I guess I am more of "curious" person and find the whole thing facinating and trust they can control the pain - which they did very well as I had NONE.

I chatted with the anistesiologist during the entire operation. The surgens commented on how nice it was to listen to "golf talk" during the operation. When I felt a little too much tugging & pulling (minor), they just upped the meds. Since I was awake, the doctor offered to show me my uterus (in the operating room). I did...it was very ugly!

Post-op: I also had a epidural inserted with the spinal. This was well worth it as it totally prevented me from ever experiencing any pain. Unfortunately the dose was discovered to be a little strong. They turned if OFF around 11pm so I could regain feeling. After midnight I began to feel my legs again (10am surgery). That was fine by me as it totally prevented me from feeling any pain.

Release: The next morning, I took several laps around the wing and felt suprising well. I was released from the hosiptal around 4pm.

Home: I continued taking the percoset (sp?) for a few days but weened off to improve the BM process. I started working from home this week and will go back 1/2 days next week (desk work mostly), followed by full time March 10th.

All-in-all...this was so much easier then I anticipated. I know I am lucky and very grateful as I realize that is not the norm - especially a verticle abdominal incision. I am hopeful to resume normal activitiy soon...with the approaching golf season on the horizon.

Good luck to all with your recoveries. Enjoy the coddling from family & friends while you can. Cheers!
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:57 AM

JMed,

This is good advice about using the pad as a barrier for the vertical incision. I too have that type of incision and it is difficult to wear pants that zip or button up since it constantly rubs on the incision.

I too had an oncologist do my surgery. I have one more follow up with him next week (4 weeks post -op), then I think I will be released a week or so after that to return to work. I am thankful that I did not have cancer, but due to the complicated surgery, my gyn recommended an oncologist perform the surgery. The oncologist was the best doctor I ever had, but after next week I won't be seeing him again (which is good

Good luck with your recovery.

Alison - Texas1
Unread 02-28-2008, 08:11 AM

Deb,

Sounds like we had similar experiences. I also suffered from anemia before the surgery and spent much of the Dec/Jan resting. I am ready to start feeling well and begin exercising again.

Also, I have not tried hormones yet. The doctor says that with the surgical menopause and my age (37), I can expect severe hot flashes. He was cautious on prescribing hormones at this point, but did put me on Effexor. Supposedly in addition to this being an antidepressant, also has some sort of additional benefit for hot flashes. I do notice now that I am either hot or cold all day long. At night, I am constantly kicking off the covers, putting them back on, etc. This is probably why I am not sleeping as well. I am starting to get used to it, but it is definitely something new for me. I am just so thankful to have this surgery and finally start to get my blood count up again so I can feel great for the spring/summer.

Anyone else dealing with the constant hot/cold feeling (or hot flashes) following their surgery?

Best of luck with your recovery,
Alison - Texas1
Unread 02-28-2008, 08:19 AM

Hi All

I'm missing work and company and feel lioke I'm going out of my mind stuck here. Still...I've caught up with loads of old friends online and texting and long chats on the phone too!!
Unread 02-28-2008, 08:27 AM

Hi Billyjack,

I am so curious how you have reduced your hot flashes. Is this due to the extra vitamins you mentioned? I too am having them frequently and am dealing with the night sweats so am interested in any recommendations others have for this.

Best of luck with you recovery,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register