Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specs54
As for the pain meds.. I do sort of feel as if i should be off of them by now, and the side effects of the constipation is still there. With or without them i dont sleep thru the night, Im more comfortable with them but hate to keep taking them. I had to call at 2weeks post op to have them refill them and there was definitly an attitude of "why do you still need these " in the nurses voice. And they only refilled the script for 20 more. My husband too, being a pharmacist , doesnt want me on them longer than i have to be. But.. it seems i still need them to get thru the night a little better so im going to ask her ( my Dr) tomorrow.
Since you don't sleep through the night anyway, regardless of pain meds on board, maybe it's more of an Ambien issue? Just a thought.

Roberta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2008, 09:55 PM

Jax~~~I live in Indian River County and lol on the pills taking. I'm like you and others. I hate taking pills. I used to take Aleve most every day around my period time and more. I wake up in the morning and take my HRT and two (200mg) ibuprofen pills. I'ts part of recovery I have to accept.. a part we should all accept. Unless there is an addiction history problem, I would take as needed like it says on the bottle Also omg, your sig... I had an endometioma cyst that had consumed my left ovary that measured 11.9 x 7.9 x 13.2 cm and 500cc... doctor didn't mention how many grams..was that your ovary or uterus?

Kathy~~~ I thought that too when I asked for a refill of the 15 pills of hydrocodone my doctor gave me... then I though how ridiculous I was being because he gave me the Rx over the phone, and was almost our by the time I had to go get my staples out. I asked him to call me in another one.. he did 15 more pills. I have 6 left.. it was filled on Vday.

I am sure my post is going to be scrambled lol sorry in advance

~Sass
Unread 03-02-2008, 09:55 PM

Jax,

If I had stopped taking my pain pills as early as you did, the walls in our house would probably have holes all over them because I'd probably be banging my head againt the walls constantly! haha. I could NOT have made it this far without pain pills... in fact, I may have found the nearest bridge to jump off if I had to go off my pain pills as early as you did. HAHA!! (of course, I'm exaggerting about the bridge thing...., but you get my drift).

I think there is no problem taking pain pills WHEN you need them. I tried to go off my Percocit a week ago, and now I don't know why I had tried to go off of them.... I guess it was the same mentality that I felt I needed to stop taking the pain meds. So, I went off, and I went 3 days, but then the pain started to come back, and Tylenol was not good enough... finally I was in so much pain I could not sleep and lack of sleep I believe makes the pain worse, because you are so tired as well as in pain. So, I went back on the Percocit, but ONLY at night before bed, and I started to sleep well again, and my pain started to go away.... I have decided to just keep doing this as long as I keep having pain. what I do is I wait to take the percocit until I'm just ready for bed. I evaluate how my pain is, and if it's bad enough to where I think I'll have a hard time getting to sleep because i'm not comfortable, then I take it. But, if it's not so bad to where I think I can be comfortable enough to fall asleep, then I don't take it. Tonight, I'm taking one for sure. I had that huge day yesterday, and today I did rest, but I had to go out to do something this evening, and was gone for 2 hours.... didn't over-exert myself, but just being out was enough... right now, it's 9 PM and I'm really sore. So, I'm definitely taking a Percocit tonight, and I don't feel bad about it... that is what it is for.

Oh my goodness..... I JUUUUUUUST sneezed. OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW! That was my VERY first sneeze since surgery. I had to take 5 minutes break from typing this post because I was in PAIN after that sneeze. Oh my! It just snuck up on me, and before I knew it.... it came out. Holy Cow.... I feel like I popped some stitches. I hope nothing bad happened from that sneeze.

Anyway, NOW I'm raelly taking a percocit... I'm in even more pain after that sneeze! haha.

Paula, I had no idea Vicodin was not as strong as Percocit. I thought they were the same, but just different brands (or types). Interesting. It must be interesting living with a Pharmacist!!! I bet you learn a lot!!

Let us know what your doc says tomorrow, Paula.

Jax..... so, how'd the Percocit work for you??!! Hopefully you got a good night's sleep. :-)

Take care,
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2008, 10:02 PM

Kathy,

First sneeze?! Wow! I've been sneezing for a couple of weeks already! Thankfully none have come on too suddenly and I've been able to hold my belly. A few were definitely really painful, but it's like coughing - the first few times are really horrible, then you figure out how to hold yourself or manage and you get used to it.

Roberta
Unread 03-02-2008, 10:10 PM

You know, for the past week or so I have been really wishing this site had a chat room sometimes. So we could just let conversation flow. I think it's because we end up posting over each other sometimes lol
Unread 03-02-2008, 10:11 PM

Hi Roberta,

I've been needing to sneeze for over a week now. HAHA!!! Every time I feel it come on, I've managed to stifle it! haha. My biggest fear since surgery was sneezing, so I've been trying hard not to sneeze (not sure if it's GOOD for your body to not sneeze, but oh well). But, it has been really nice weather here, and the pollen is higher than normal, so my nose has been really itchy.... anyway, this sneeze just came out of nowhere.... had NO warning. Crazy!! But,it's over and I'm still alive... there's no massive bleeding, and my incision is still in tact. HAHA!! So, I guess it wasn't as bad as I had thought.

So, that means I went 27 days without sneezing! Definitely a record for me.

By the way, this saying you wrote: If you can't see Mt Ranier it's raining, if you can, it's gonna rain.

SOOOOO true!! haha. It's so funny because when we can see Mt. Ranier, everyone says, "the moutain is out". HAHA!! It's really funny. When people come to visit us who are from not so over-cast areas, if it's a clear day, I'll comment about how the mountain is out, and we are lucky because we can see it. People always laugh at the comment, "the mountain is out." It's like a HUGE surprise when we can actually SEE Mt. Rainier!

Funny....

well, as much as I would love to be in a warmer climate with sun, I do love the Pacific Northwest!! :-)
Unread 03-02-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassibella
You know, for the past week or so I have been really wishing this site had a chat room sometimes. So we could just let conversation flow. I think it's because we end up posting over each other sometimes lol

Sassibella -- I totally agree!! It is hard to keep on top of all the posting, and we do post over each other. Geez... could you imagine if we were in the same room in person... we'd be up all night talking, probably!! haha.

A chat room would be nice, though!
Unread 03-02-2008, 10:25 PM

I wonder if it's because they can't monitor what is said.. not only that but some members would probably miss out on some important info... too bad we can't get a chat conference in something like Yahoo.
~Sass
Unread 03-03-2008, 05:43 AM

Good morning everyone,

I feel good this morning after my walk at the beach yesterday. I am a little sore but its a good muscular sore, like in my legs and stuff. But...... the hot flashes and night sweats are back with a vengeance!!! I am going to do some research today to look for foods that help to reduce them.

I was reading your posts from last night about the pain meds and how long to take them and I have to say I am a little irritated with my Dr. right now on that subject. He sent me home with only enough Percocet for 3 DAYS, really, I have been getting by on Tylenol and Motrin ever since. I have had many a moment in the last 3 weeks when I would have done anything for something stronger and I feel this has probably slowed my recovery or at least my peace of mind. I see him next week and we are definately going to discuss it. For everyone worried about still needing some from time to time I wouldn't at all, it makes sense our bodies have been thru a huge shock and transition.

Now I'm kinda honkerblonked and want to call my Dr. but its still to early and my DH has already gone to work, no one to vent on.

Anyway, everyone have a good morning.

Michelle

TAH, Oophectomy left Ovary
Unread 03-03-2008, 06:14 AM
start of week 4??

hello everyone ...i think it's the start of week 4, i feel like i've lost track of time ??? but that maybe the start of a good thing..
recovery is going ok. i have really good days with lost of engery, but then the days i crash it feels like i don't want to get out of bed...
i'm have some slight pain in my left side, lower ? it might be the way i've positioned myself to sleep?
at any rate i'm very glad the surgery is done and i am on "this" side of recovery!

Joy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register