Lets talk about sex...baby. Or when can you have it!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lets talk about sex...baby.   Or when can you have it!? Lets talk about sex...baby. Or when can you have it!?

Unread 01-20-2016, 08:30 AM
Lets talk about sex...baby. Or when can you have it!?

I feel like a perv since half of my posts are about sex. My doctor told me that I would be clear to travel intl in March (Hyst is Feb 2 with Da Vinci, I am 29) but I am not to have sex for 12 weeks after the surgery!

Most of the women here have said doctors stated 6-8 weeks, but I was wondering if any other doctors are this drastic, or is my Dr super conservative?

The reason I ask is because my boyfriend actually lives in Denmark (no you can not get mail order husbands there, life would be easier if you could!) and I want to have a romantic weekend in Aarhus, but that happens to fall on Week 11.

Am I crazy for being resentful? I only get to see him a few weeks out of the year!!

THANKS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2016, 09:00 AM
Re: Lets talk about sex...baby. Or when can you have it!?

It is true, most docs say refrain fron intercourse 6-8 weeks. Maybe you can explain your sitiation with your doctor and see if he/she will let you come in for a check up before you go. They may revise your instructions for you if they are confident you are adequately healed.
Unread 01-20-2016, 09:05 AM
Re: Lets talk about sex...baby. Or when can you have it!?

I had a davinci hysterectomy and was cleared for sex at my 6 week post op. Although my dr did say it was based on how the vaginal cuff looked/healed so it can vary by person.

Maybe you can get a post op before your trip and see if your doctor will clear you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2016, 10:34 AM
Lets talk about sex...baby. Or when can you have it!?

My dr said 6-8 weeks, but I have seen several women on my recovery thread whose dr said 10 or 12 weeks. I've also seen a few DaVinci patients saying their stitches don't heal as quickly for some reason. You definitely don't want to do anything without dr approval. I would recommend an appt right before you see your boyfriend. Then your dr can see if you are healed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register