I really don't know what to do here. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I really don't know what to do here. I really don't know what to do here.

Unread 07-31-2018, 05:55 PM
I really don't know what to do here.

Hello all, I am a 26 year old female, recently married to a wonderful man. I am diagnosed bipolar type I with psychotic features. I currently take 900mg lithium, 1000mg depakote, 20mg lexapro, 100 mg topamax, 300 mg seroquel, 6mg Risperidone, 50mg primidone, 500mg metformin, and 20mg atorvastatin with a skyla IUD. It is the only "cocktail" that has worked for me yet. The IUD fortunately has caused all my periods to cease, thankfully because my moods change drastically with my hormones. I become a completely different person when I have a period, darker even than my normal bipolar depression and very angry at everything. I also tend to get very suicidal and self injurious. It's scary, and it scares me. Neither my husband nor I want children or plan on having children. The time is coming up for me to get a new IUD, and I am considering approaching my doctors with the idea of a hysterectomy. I believe this would be the best option, the safest option for me... To not only save me from my hormones but to also prevent any possible pregnancies in the future (because the last thing I want is to be a bipolar mother, I am not stable enough for that and I dont think I ever will be unfortunately due to my psychosis.) Has anyone ever had a hysterectomy or something other for reasons similar to these? Please share your story, I am trying to figure out the best way to approach my doctors over this. I have appointments this week and Next. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2018, 08:39 PM
Re: I really don't know what to do here.

I am sorry for what you have gone through with your bipolar diagnosis. I do know a young woman that when she was 26 had a bilateral mastectomy and a hysterectomy and her ovaries and Fallopian tubes removed because she is BRACA Gene positive and had many woman including her mother died young of either breast or ovarian cancer. I know she had to see a psychiatrist to make sure she was not clinically depressed and that she understood the ramifications of her decision before the surgeons would operate. Good luck to you.
Unread 07-31-2018, 10:52 PM
Re: I really don't know what to do here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sj22 View Post
... It is the only "cocktail" that has worked for me yet. The IUD fortunately has caused all my periods to cease,
Dear Sj22:

Congratulations on your recent wedding!

I'm so sorry to hear of your health struggles, and it sounds like you have very valid reasons to pursue hysterectomy.If your current cocktail + IUD is working well for you, please consider carefully before upsetting that balance.

I hope you are able to find the rights answers soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register