Pre Surgery Jitters -Surgery two weeks away | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre Surgery Jitters -Surgery two weeks away Pre Surgery Jitters -Surgery two weeks away

Unread 04-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Pre Surgery Jitters -Surgery two weeks away

Hello Everyone!
I am so new to this its scary. After several years of heaving bleeding, pain and trying everything the doctor proscribed she agreed to sent me to a gyny for a hysterectomy.
My surgery is two weeks today and I am starting to flip out. After my pre op in the doctor's office this week and with a discussion with my family doctor, she suggested that the my cervix be left, my ovaries were already discussed in my intial visit to the gyny doctor, he agreed and said I could have a vaginal hysterectomy but since then I have developed alot of pain in the ovaries and he wanted to do a looksee first but with wanting to leave the cervix and ovaries I would have to have a subtotal hysterectomy which means an incision just above the hair line and a longer recovery period, I'm scheduled to be off work for six weeks. I am just so nervouse with all this new stuff, I've read so much over the last weeks to inform myself that I'm in overload and paniking.
I just wanted to know if anyone has had this type of surgery and what they experienced. Maybe just to hear from someone else will help me. My significant other who is absolutely wonderful but has shied away from this subject other than to say, you know whats best, I think he is just as scared as me and is having trouble expressining his concerns, but it is very upsetting. I don't really have anyone to talk about this on a lay persons level without all the medical jargon. Thanks for letting me open up and let it out.
Like I said I have never done this before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Pre Surgery Jitters -Surgery two weeks away

Hi Sue
just wanted to say helloand hang in there or i should say hang about in here, since being told i needed a TAH i have spent more time in here then anywhere else i think i'm using hystersisters as my comfort blanket.(its working).
Love and
Alison in Leicestershire UK
Unread 04-29-2004, 10:42 AM
it's ok

As you will hear many times, the wait is the worst part, believe them. I had a tah/bso on 3/25. I had no problems. I don't remember much after I went into the O-R room until I was in recovery. My hospital stay was not the best but ok. My insicion was a little above where yours is because there was too much scar tissue from a previous c-section. I had 15 staples that were taken out the day I was released from the castle. Staples were no sweat. The hardest part for me was not being able to do things even though I felt great at one week. I think your attitude has a lot to do with all of this too. If you keep a postive attitude and do what your doc say post op, you will fly thru this with ease. Good luck
P

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register