Tvh Vs./tah - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Tvh Vs./tah

It seems like many of us who had uterine prolapse had TVH. I do know that my DR said that I was a good candidate, but there was always the possibility of having to go in abdominally if he ran into any problems ( which luckily he didn't) I figure it was already on its way out, he just helped it along.

Of the four women in the hospital when I had my Hyster, I was the only one who had TVH. The others had either large uteruses or other repairs that needed to be done.

That said, I think it also depends on your DR and what they are comfortable with as well.

I agree that my recovery has been very quick, but I find that not having abdominal stitches sometimes gives me a false sense of "wellness". I have to remind myself that I had major surgery just a little more than 3 weeks ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Tvh Vs./tah

My dr. is doing a LAVH, Taking my uterus, ovaries, cervix, and laparoscopy to remove any scar tissue he finds. The only incisions I will have are through my belly button, and two small incisions in my pelvic area. I had the same incisions during my laparoscopy for Endo. It took me a good 2-3 weeks to recover from that. My Dr. said to plan on a 6 week recovery, but some people feel better at 3 weeks. Depends on the person. Even if you feel good at 3 weeks, take into consideration that you will get tired easier and that you can not lift for the full 6 weeks to make sure you don't injure yourself. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Dove
Unread 07-08-2004, 03:03 AM
Tvh Vs./tah

Mine has to be a TAH due to the size of my uterus (huge!) and the fact I have not had children.

Even when I still had a relatively small uterus it would have been abdominal - but laparoscopic. No chance of that now.

I also have to have a vertical incision as the fibroids have pushed and twisted my uterus into a poor spot to reach with a horizontal incision... although my gyn said when I am under the anaesthetic things may relax enough to enable a bikini line horizontal incision.
Unread 07-08-2004, 07:00 AM
Tvh Vs./tah

When my doctor was deciding how to do my surgery, TVH with possibly one overy will be removed, he used an instrument to pull on my uterus to determine if it would come down far enough to do it vaginally. I have an enlarged uterus, but he said that it should still be ok to do vaginally. I really think it's the doctor's comfort level with your situation. My Dr prefers to do them vaginally if possible because of the easier recovery, but it's not always possible.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register